2012 Volvo XC70

Based on 49 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Not your parent's station wagon, LOVE it!

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "price, style, safety, interior room, rims, power"

Cons: "slightly heavy vs normal cars, but good for safety"

"This car has everything a family could ever need in a car. Style, safety, convenience, plenty of cabin room, and plenty of trunk loading capacity for groceries to satisfy MOM. Sporty, power, all-wheel drive for weather and camping, lots of technology, 19" rims, full size spare, plenty of trunk loading space for packing trips to make DAD smile. Plenty of cabin room, built-in lifting booster seats, high outdoor visibility, plenty of trunk capacity for toys to handle the kids on any drive. Easy on budget based on sale price and 60k miles/5yr bumper-bumper warranty/full service package. We plan to own it for at least ten years. We would highly recommend this vehicle if you are cool parents looking for a family car that has more style/sport than a mini-van, more power/handling than a crossover, and more family/mom friendly than an SUV."

Drove them all

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"I was looking for a new car because my xc70 2002 had a lot of miles on it so I started driving everything. I thought I would get a SUV or Crossover (something bigger). After driving everything and not liking any of the SUV's I went back and drove the new xc70 2008. Loved it. Everything that I was looking for in a new car. All the interior upgrades were better then the Mercedes and BMW's I drove. Great Job VOLVO! Handles Great! More interior room than the older xc70's. My 6'2" husband fits and with the built in booster seats my daughter is very comfy! I love my car."

Great car - expensive

By on Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"This is our 3rd XC70 - 2000SE, 2004 XC70 and this 2008 XC70. I like this one best. The 04 seemed to have better performance (sort of, it did have a turbo). This on is sluggish on the freeway onramps and passing, BUT if you use high octane fuel it performs MUCH better and even gets 2 mpg better! Have not worked the calculator on that one, we just use the cheap stuff 99% of the time. LIKES: Keyless entry, fold up mirrors when you lock the doors, power tailgate, fantastic upgraded stereo (although my BMW logic 7 will blow this one's doors off), super leather seating, each seat is comfortable, confident driving feel, superb safety features (like the sensor that tells you an accident is eminent and brakes, lights up the lower windshield and beeps like an airplane), this is a BIG car - like driving my Dad's '72 Cadillac - only with that tight European feel, distinctive look inside and out, a winner! DISLIKES: No bluetooth (really?), sometimes the power mirrors don't open up when you open a door other than the drivers door or do not use the keyfob to unlock the car, 16mpg city and 21mpg highway (Mr. leadfoot I am), optimistic outside thermometer (reads 118 on a 95 degree day at start up), makes funny whiring sounds sometimes - the power rear liftgate seems to strain to open and close, the auto a/c makes silly sounds while adjusting vents, etc. and a whinny sound at a cold startup. Lastly, I bought a full service plan for 36 months at $600 - RIP OFF ... I would buy this car again, my wife LOVES it, kids are rough on it, dog (70lb) loves the "head out the window" routine ... great piece of machinery, at 3 years it cleans up great and looks nearly new after a car wash."

Great car, if you're not in a hurry

By on Sunday, May 24, 2009

"This is my first Volvo (I'm a long-time BMW owner) and find it to be a very comfortable, quiet, solid, ruggedly attractive vehicle. It has been completely reliable for the first 22,000 miles so far. My only complaint is that the 3.2 liter normally aspirated engine is overwhelmed by this vehicle's weight (over 5,000 lbs). This vehicle is as heavy as an SUV, it's slow and the engine is buzzy during acceleration. I have to plan merges into highway traffic carefully. I've driven the turbo XC70 and there is a huge difference. This will be a great vehicle for anyone who places a premium on luxury/safety and whose driving doesn't require merging frequently onto congested highways."

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"This car is so quiet you don't even realize it is on. The gas mileage is better than rated. It is closer to 21 mpg around town and 26 mpg highway. I love the safety features inccluding the BLIS. My husband and I are both tall, 6'2" and 5'9". On occasion, I sit in the back seat and I could use a little more room for my legs. We miss the driver's extra cup holder that was on the older models. Other than that, great job Volvo!"