2011 Volvo XC70

Based on 49 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

The car has been on a flat bed 2 different times

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "IPOD hook up is nice"

Cons: "relaibility after 80k stinks"

"After 86k the car became the least reliable car I have ever owned and very expensive to repair. The car died on the highway stranding me - had it flat bedded to the garage then flat bedded to the dealer to find that the gas hose had become tangled around the fuel sensor causing it to think it had no fuel and setting off all of the computer sensors to first over react and then shut down. An obvious Volvo design / build flaw - no help at all from them. Cut the exhaust, drop the tank, re-route the lines, put it back together + tows I spent about $1400 dollars. Less than 6 months later on a family vacation 6 states away the a/c compressor binds up, saws through the belt and strands my family and I once again. New compressor + tow another $1400. Lately the gas cap gasket letting go, releasing the cap and causing the check engine light to come on. I currently own 5 Volvos and this is the worst I have ever owned. One more problem and I am going to have the car crushed so no one else has to ever suffer through owning it"

Close to a Lemon

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"Ugh! Do NOT buy one of these. We purchased new thinking it would be a great, safe, reliable vehicle for me to drive with our new son and it has been nothing but trouble. I have had it in the dealers shop 8 times over the last year ranging anywhere from 1 day to 2 weeks for various problems. Lots of sqeaking from the front and rear or the car, window issues, replaced most parts on the front end etc....This car is more of a pain than it is worth especially for the price. The dealer was nice enough to tell me "we would be happy to trade your car in for something else." Wow thanks, so I can buy another car less than a year later....no thanks! I'll be selling this car before the warrenty runs out and NEVER buying another Volvo again."

Love this car

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "technology"

Cons: "could be more fuel efficient"

"Technology is leaps ahead of my last volvo xc70"

best car

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pros: "goes everyware"

Cons: "milage is a little low"

"great car plan on 300k miles or more"

Perfect for my uses

By on Monday, August 03, 2009

"I have 50,000 miles on my 2005 XC70 bought new at the end of the model year. No problems thus far. Still have the original tires, no brake work required. This vehicle is perfect for us. It carries two adults, a cat, cat food, 2 kayaks, fishing rods, tackle, luggage and miscellaneous stuff on a 4000 mile trip without discomfort. Without the kayaks, the gas mileage on a highway trip exceeds EPA estimates; with the kayaks we get about 3 mpg less."

Great daily drive and super tourer

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "Strong safe and reliable drive"

Cons: "Should have a standard rear camera."

"Very Safe, very reliable and very strong. Great for a family or for hauling substantial loads long or short distances. Great pick up off the turbo and 70 comes up very quickly and makes for safe overtaking and "idiot avoidance". Good seats make for comfortable distance driving and the AWD makes for sure footed handling with reasonable fuel economy on std gas. Stereo pretty good and interior fittings show no rattles, squeeks or bumps after 60K miles. Well Done Volvo (Ford as was)"

The most comfortable car

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, safety features, beautiful interior"

"This car has amazing seats. Test drove many other makes and models...Mercedes, BMW, Toyota, and Honda. We just kept coming back to the Volvo for those seats! I'm always confused as to why this Wagon is compared to other sport wagons. This Volvo Wagon is just the perfect daily or long trip vehicle for busy people with kids and/or pets. Our other family car is a BMW 335i, so if we want sport driving, that's the car we take. However, even my husband agrees, as fun as the BMW is to drive, you just can't beat those Volvo seats."

Comfort, safety, relability, performance

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

"Best car ever"

Utilitarian, comfortable, go anywhere, safe car

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "solid, safe, everyday driver"

Cons: "glove soft leather comfortable but delicate"

"I love everything about this vehicle except there are things I did not order with the car when I should have. I should have order the upgraded stereo, privacy glass and BLIS. Then it would be the perfect vehicle, if maybe it got slightly better gas mileage."

Absolutely best car I ever owned - bar none

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

"This was the first Volvo I owned. I've driven lots of high-end cars and AWD vehicles. The Volvo beats them all. It is superbly quiet, very smooth riding, handles ANY kind of road conditions automatically. Drives effortlessly yet still gives you the sense of the road. Very thoughtfully laid out interior and doesn't have a forest of stems on the column. Premium Sound System is concert quality. The nav is easy to use and kinda fun. And because of Volvo's safety reputation, I feel very secure driving my grandchildren."