2011 Volvo XC70

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

By on Thursday, August 05, 2010

Great car - expensive

By on Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"This is our 3rd XC70 - 2000SE, 2004 XC70 and this 2008 XC70. I like this one best. The 04 seemed to have better performance (sort of, it did have a turbo). This on is sluggish on the freeway onramps and passing, BUT if you use high octane fuel it performs MUCH better and even gets 2 mpg better! Have not worked the calculator on that one, we just use the cheap stuff 99% of the time. LIKES: Keyless entry, fold up mirrors when you lock the doors, power tailgate, fantastic upgraded stereo (although my BMW logic 7 will blow this one's doors off), super leather seating, each seat is comfortable, confident driving feel, superb safety features (like the sensor that tells you an accident is eminent and brakes, lights up the lower windshield and beeps like an airplane), this is a BIG car - like driving my Dad's '72 Cadillac - only with that tight European feel, distinctive look inside and out, a winner! DISLIKES: No bluetooth (really?), sometimes the power mirrors don't open up when you open a door other than the drivers door or do not use the keyfob to unlock the car, 16mpg city and 21mpg highway (Mr. leadfoot I am), optimistic outside thermometer (reads 118 on a 95 degree day at start up), makes funny whiring sounds sometimes - the power rear liftgate seems to strain to open and close, the auto a/c makes silly sounds while adjusting vents, etc. and a whinny sound at a cold startup. Lastly, I bought a full service plan for 36 months at $600 - RIP OFF ... I would buy this car again, my wife LOVES it, kids are rough on it, dog (70lb) loves the "head out the window" routine ... great piece of machinery, at 3 years it cleans up great and looks nearly new after a car wash."

Worst Volvo in 40 Years

By on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"At 51 miles major rear brake failure requiring all the rear brake parts to be replaced. Electronic sensor system is too sensitive. Warning sensors have given erroneous messages. Warning systems says engine is running when it is stopped. Uncommon rubbing noises in rear end when driving. Down shifting is very jerky. Turbo/transmission response is jerky. We have been driving Volvos for 40 years and cross-countries for last 8 years. After our continuing problems with our 2010 we will never purchase another Volvo."

Safe Quiet Ride

By on Sunday, December 27, 2009

"I bought our Volvo last January used with 12,000 miles for $27,000. Great in the snow of Minneapolis. I average 21 MPG in mixed driving. and have gotten 27MPG on a road trip. The seats are very wide and comfortable. No added expenses for repairs in my 12,000 miles of use. Good value used, too high priced new!"

Solid car

By on Saturday, December 12, 2009

"Have only had the car for a short time but so far I'm very happy with my 2010 XC70. Fuel economy is not great but seems to have improved over the past few weeks. Performance is definitely enhanced by higher-octane fuel. Handles nicely, controls are clear and easy to use. Tested a 2010 Subaru Outback, a nice car but Volvo won me over! They offered better financing, options and rebates. Solid family car, safe, reliable so far and feels very well made. The seats extremely comfortable. Great car!"

By on Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Good Vehicle

By on Sunday, September 27, 2009

"Excellent vehicle,best out of three volvos owned."

Swedish comfort

By on Saturday, August 15, 2009

"Perfect family car, good performance of T6 engine, boosterseats are perfect for the kids, Safety first. Volvo for Life."

By on Saturday, August 08, 2009

"Our third Volvo, second XC70, and definately a great automobile."

Perfect for my uses

By on Monday, August 03, 2009

"I have 50,000 miles on my 2005 XC70 bought new at the end of the model year. No problems thus far. Still have the original tires, no brake work required. This vehicle is perfect for us. It carries two adults, a cat, cat food, 2 kayaks, fishing rods, tackle, luggage and miscellaneous stuff on a 4000 mile trip without discomfort. Without the kayaks, the gas mileage on a highway trip exceeds EPA estimates; with the kayaks we get about 3 mpg less."

Good choice

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"This is our second Volvo the other is 2001 v70 T5, one of the least reliable volvos in a few years. Given the issues with the 2001 we had a LOT of reasons not to purchase another Volvo, but we did buy a 2008 XC70 which with all the buyer incentive cost much less than the 2001, Volvo has made HUGE improvements in their quality control, so far a very good purchase no problems, All the good qualities others talk about and none of the bad ones."

Close to a Lemon

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"Ugh! Do NOT buy one of these. We purchased new thinking it would be a great, safe, reliable vehicle for me to drive with our new son and it has been nothing but trouble. I have had it in the dealers shop 8 times over the last year ranging anywhere from 1 day to 2 weeks for various problems. Lots of sqeaking from the front and rear or the car, window issues, replaced most parts on the front end etc....This car is more of a pain than it is worth especially for the price. The dealer was nice enough to tell me "we would be happy to trade your car in for something else." Wow thanks, so I can buy another car less than a year later....no thanks! I'll be selling this car before the warrenty runs out and NEVER buying another Volvo again."

Great car, if you're not in a hurry

By on Sunday, May 24, 2009

"This is my first Volvo (I'm a long-time BMW owner) and find it to be a very comfortable, quiet, solid, ruggedly attractive vehicle. It has been completely reliable for the first 22,000 miles so far. My only complaint is that the 3.2 liter normally aspirated engine is overwhelmed by this vehicle's weight (over 5,000 lbs). This vehicle is as heavy as an SUV, it's slow and the engine is buzzy during acceleration. I have to plan merges into highway traffic carefully. I've driven the turbo XC70 and there is a huge difference. This will be a great vehicle for anyone who places a premium on luxury/safety and whose driving doesn't require merging frequently onto congested highways."

Love My Volvo

By on Saturday, April 11, 2009

"This is the 4th Volvo we have owned. It took some getting use to as it was not as responsive as my V70 turbo. But now I just love this car. It could use a little more leg room in the back seat but other than that the features will quickly spoil you for any other vehicle. There's nothing like a VOLVO!"

Luxury at an afordable price

By on Saturday, December 27, 2008

"This is my third Volvo and I couldn't be happier. This is by far the best one I've owned. It handles well and is very comfortable and attractive. It is very quiet, you don't even know the engine is running. I think the gas mileage is better then reported. I highly recommend this wagon, it's much nicer then a huge SUV but very roomy. My huge dog crate fits fine in the back with no problem, with room to spare."

By on Saturday, November 08, 2008

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"This car is so quiet you don't even realize it is on. The gas mileage is better than rated. It is closer to 21 mpg around town and 26 mpg highway. I love the safety features inccluding the BLIS. My husband and I are both tall, 6'2" and 5'9". On occasion, I sit in the back seat and I could use a little more room for my legs. We miss the driver's extra cup holder that was on the older models. Other than that, great job Volvo!"

Even better than my 2005 XC70

By on Saturday, May 17, 2008

"Everything is better in my 2008 XC70. Very quiet,smooth ride,luxurious interior,more stylish exterior,great options (Blind Spot Info Sysytem, folding outside mirrors, keyless entry and starting, self closing tailgate, great sound system, Active Bi-Xenon headlights, and more...). My wife loved her 2005 XC70, but she's even happier with her 2008 XC70. It rides better and handles better than the SUVs we tried, including the Acura MDX and all the others. It has the refinement of a car with the utility of an SUV. It's one of a kind and stands above the other choices."

Drove them all

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"I was looking for a new car because my xc70 2002 had a lot of miles on it so I started driving everything. I thought I would get a SUV or Crossover (something bigger). After driving everything and not liking any of the SUV's I went back and drove the new xc70 2008. Loved it. Everything that I was looking for in a new car. All the interior upgrades were better then the Mercedes and BMW's I drove. Great Job VOLVO! Handles Great! More interior room than the older xc70's. My 6'2" husband fits and with the built in booster seats my daughter is very comfy! I love my car."