2010 Volvo XC70

Based on 53 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Drove them all

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"I was looking for a new car because my xc70 2002 had a lot of miles on it so I started driving everything. I thought I would get a SUV or Crossover (something bigger). After driving everything and not liking any of the SUV's I went back and drove the new xc70 2008. Loved it. Everything that I was looking for in a new car. All the interior upgrades were better then the Mercedes and BMW's I drove. Great Job VOLVO! Handles Great! More interior room than the older xc70's. My 6'2" husband fits and with the built in booster seats my daughter is very comfy! I love my car."

Worst Volvo in 40 Years

By on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"At 51 miles major rear brake failure requiring all the rear brake parts to be replaced. Electronic sensor system is too sensitive. Warning sensors have given erroneous messages. Warning systems says engine is running when it is stopped. Uncommon rubbing noises in rear end when driving. Down shifting is very jerky. Turbo/transmission response is jerky. We have been driving Volvos for 40 years and cross-countries for last 8 years. After our continuing problems with our 2010 we will never purchase another Volvo."

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

"50,000 miles in just under three years. Only had to replace tires once and just oil changes. Haven't had one thing go wrong. Leather is holding up well and outside looks brand new. The interior still smells like a new car. Average 21 mpg. Adequete power."

Swedish comfort

By on Saturday, August 15, 2009

"Perfect family car, good performance of T6 engine, boosterseats are perfect for the kids, Safety first. Volvo for Life."

Good choice

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"This is our second Volvo the other is 2001 v70 T5, one of the least reliable volvos in a few years. Given the issues with the 2001 we had a LOT of reasons not to purchase another Volvo, but we did buy a 2008 XC70 which with all the buyer incentive cost much less than the 2001, Volvo has made HUGE improvements in their quality control, so far a very good purchase no problems, All the good qualities others talk about and none of the bad ones."

Long distance driving champ for those that travel!

By on Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Pros: "Easy to drive on various weather conditions w/AWD"

Cons: "Needs a little more leg room in rear."

"I previously purchased a 2014 Subaru Forester Touring edition. While having my Subaru serviced I decided to walk next door to the Volvo dealership. I fell in love with my 2015 Volvo XC70 T6 3.0 w/Polstar. Traded in the Subaru Forester for my Volvo. The leather contoured seats are so comfortable on my back. I recently relocated from Alaska to Georgia and drove my XC70. It was so comfortable I only stopped for lodging, gas and food along the way. Usually I drove roughly 700 miles per day during my journey. I didn't feel fatigued or fidgety at any point wile driving. I even had other travelers following behind me. I think it was due to driving a Volvo which mind set depicts safety. It was almost as if my 2015 XC70 was a pilot car traveling the Alaskan Canadian Highway. The power from the 3.0 turbo charged engine was just right. Its never felt under powered. I often look at the interior fit and finishings and at times think having a more upgraded infotainment unit would be nice. The only weird thing I had happen at around 6,000 miles was the LFT display which shows speed and RPMs had totally went blank while driving. I couldn't believe it, due to the car was still in motion during my trip. After 10 minutes it began working again. Currently a little over 15k miles with no other issue happening. I love the MPG's of 25 MPG. Oh, the Polstar upgrade was added after purchase. I use to see 27 and 28 MPG before the upgrade so I was a little disappointed in that. Still was worth the money for the upgrade. Cargo room is great along with the roof bars for my Yakima cargo box. You have to be careful which roof accessories you buy so it doesn't interfere with the trunk hatch from lifting if it's to long. Now that the XC90 is refreshed for 2016, I still love my XC70 more."

The car has been on a flat bed 2 different times

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "IPOD hook up is nice"

Cons: "relaibility after 80k stinks"

"After 86k the car became the least reliable car I have ever owned and very expensive to repair. The car died on the highway stranding me - had it flat bedded to the garage then flat bedded to the dealer to find that the gas hose had become tangled around the fuel sensor causing it to think it had no fuel and setting off all of the computer sensors to first over react and then shut down. An obvious Volvo design / build flaw - no help at all from them. Cut the exhaust, drop the tank, re-route the lines, put it back together + tows I spent about $1400 dollars. Less than 6 months later on a family vacation 6 states away the a/c compressor binds up, saws through the belt and strands my family and I once again. New compressor + tow another $1400. Lately the gas cap gasket letting go, releasing the cap and causing the check engine light to come on. I currently own 5 Volvos and this is the worst I have ever owned. One more problem and I am going to have the car crushed so no one else has to ever suffer through owning it"

Pleasant

By on Saturday, November 27, 2010

"This is a wonderful, stylish, and extremely comfortably wagon. I previously owned a Mercedes 4matic wagon, and the volvo is as solid and comfortabe. Many think it is not a driver's automobile and while not a sports car it rides very well. It actually reminds me of my other previous mercedes a 1985 turbo diesel. The car really feels like a tank. You might not want to whip around winding roads, but you may want to enjoy the trip!"

Solid car

By on Saturday, December 12, 2009

"Have only had the car for a short time but so far I'm very happy with my 2010 XC70. Fuel economy is not great but seems to have improved over the past few weeks. Performance is definitely enhanced by higher-octane fuel. Handles nicely, controls are clear and easy to use. Tested a 2010 Subaru Outback, a nice car but Volvo won me over! They offered better financing, options and rebates. Solid family car, safe, reliable so far and feels very well made. The seats extremely comfortable. Great car!"

Love this car

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "technology"

Cons: "could be more fuel efficient"

"Technology is leaps ahead of my last volvo xc70"