2010 Volvo XC70

Based on 49 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Safe Quiet Ride

By on Sunday, December 27, 2009

"I bought our Volvo last January used with 12,000 miles for $27,000. Great in the snow of Minneapolis. I average 21 MPG in mixed driving. and have gotten 27MPG on a road trip. The seats are very wide and comfortable. No added expenses for repairs in my 12,000 miles of use. Good value used, too high priced new!"

Love My Volvo

By on Saturday, April 11, 2009

"This is the 4th Volvo we have owned. It took some getting use to as it was not as responsive as my V70 turbo. But now I just love this car. It could use a little more leg room in the back seat but other than that the features will quickly spoil you for any other vehicle. There's nothing like a VOLVO!"

Best car I've owned

By on Monday, August 08, 2011

Pros: "power, mpg, comfort"

Cons: "nav and back up camera screen poorly designed"

"fast car, decent mpg, rear booster seats are awesome idea/design pop up nav/rear camera screen is poorly designed with warning message that blocks view. the camera also takes forever to come up."

By on Saturday, August 08, 2009

"Our third Volvo, second XC70, and definately a great automobile."

Significant reliability issues

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Lots of great features, very comfortable"

Cons: "Software glitch that they cannot fix"

"Have had the car for only 4 months and have had it in the shop 5 times already. Some minor issues, but the recurring major issue is that the "low oil" light comes on every few thousand miles. Generally the oil is fine, and they have upgraded the software twice, soon to be three times as the car is having the issue as I write this. But as there doesn't seem to be a fix, you basically have to allow an extra 20 minutes to get anywhere in case you have to stop and check the oil. Or alternatively, you essentially lose your low oil warning feature because you ignore it and continue driving (at the risk that this time the oil is actually low). Having this reliability issue at this price point is inconceivable."

Not your parent's station wagon, LOVE it!

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "price, style, safety, interior room, rims, power"

Cons: "slightly heavy vs normal cars, but good for safety"

"This car has everything a family could ever need in a car. Style, safety, convenience, plenty of cabin room, and plenty of trunk loading capacity for groceries to satisfy MOM. Sporty, power, all-wheel drive for weather and camping, lots of technology, 19" rims, full size spare, plenty of trunk loading space for packing trips to make DAD smile. Plenty of cabin room, built-in lifting booster seats, high outdoor visibility, plenty of trunk capacity for toys to handle the kids on any drive. Easy on budget based on sale price and 60k miles/5yr bumper-bumper warranty/full service package. We plan to own it for at least ten years. We would highly recommend this vehicle if you are cool parents looking for a family car that has more style/sport than a mini-van, more power/handling than a crossover, and more family/mom friendly than an SUV."

Drove them all

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"I was looking for a new car because my xc70 2002 had a lot of miles on it so I started driving everything. I thought I would get a SUV or Crossover (something bigger). After driving everything and not liking any of the SUV's I went back and drove the new xc70 2008. Loved it. Everything that I was looking for in a new car. All the interior upgrades were better then the Mercedes and BMW's I drove. Great Job VOLVO! Handles Great! More interior room than the older xc70's. My 6'2" husband fits and with the built in booster seats my daughter is very comfy! I love my car."

Great car - expensive

By on Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"This is our 3rd XC70 - 2000SE, 2004 XC70 and this 2008 XC70. I like this one best. The 04 seemed to have better performance (sort of, it did have a turbo). This on is sluggish on the freeway onramps and passing, BUT if you use high octane fuel it performs MUCH better and even gets 2 mpg better! Have not worked the calculator on that one, we just use the cheap stuff 99% of the time. LIKES: Keyless entry, fold up mirrors when you lock the doors, power tailgate, fantastic upgraded stereo (although my BMW logic 7 will blow this one's doors off), super leather seating, each seat is comfortable, confident driving feel, superb safety features (like the sensor that tells you an accident is eminent and brakes, lights up the lower windshield and beeps like an airplane), this is a BIG car - like driving my Dad's '72 Cadillac - only with that tight European feel, distinctive look inside and out, a winner! DISLIKES: No bluetooth (really?), sometimes the power mirrors don't open up when you open a door other than the drivers door or do not use the keyfob to unlock the car, 16mpg city and 21mpg highway (Mr. leadfoot I am), optimistic outside thermometer (reads 118 on a 95 degree day at start up), makes funny whiring sounds sometimes - the power rear liftgate seems to strain to open and close, the auto a/c makes silly sounds while adjusting vents, etc. and a whinny sound at a cold startup. Lastly, I bought a full service plan for 36 months at $600 - RIP OFF ... I would buy this car again, my wife LOVES it, kids are rough on it, dog (70lb) loves the "head out the window" routine ... great piece of machinery, at 3 years it cleans up great and looks nearly new after a car wash."

Even better than my 2005 XC70

By on Saturday, May 17, 2008

"Everything is better in my 2008 XC70. Very quiet,smooth ride,luxurious interior,more stylish exterior,great options (Blind Spot Info Sysytem, folding outside mirrors, keyless entry and starting, self closing tailgate, great sound system, Active Bi-Xenon headlights, and more...). My wife loved her 2005 XC70, but she's even happier with her 2008 XC70. It rides better and handles better than the SUVs we tried, including the Acura MDX and all the others. It has the refinement of a car with the utility of an SUV. It's one of a kind and stands above the other choices."

Great car, if you're not in a hurry

By on Sunday, May 24, 2009

"This is my first Volvo (I'm a long-time BMW owner) and find it to be a very comfortable, quiet, solid, ruggedly attractive vehicle. It has been completely reliable for the first 22,000 miles so far. My only complaint is that the 3.2 liter normally aspirated engine is overwhelmed by this vehicle's weight (over 5,000 lbs). This vehicle is as heavy as an SUV, it's slow and the engine is buzzy during acceleration. I have to plan merges into highway traffic carefully. I've driven the turbo XC70 and there is a huge difference. This will be a great vehicle for anyone who places a premium on luxury/safety and whose driving doesn't require merging frequently onto congested highways."

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"This car is so quiet you don't even realize it is on. The gas mileage is better than rated. It is closer to 21 mpg around town and 26 mpg highway. I love the safety features inccluding the BLIS. My husband and I are both tall, 6'2" and 5'9". On occasion, I sit in the back seat and I could use a little more room for my legs. We miss the driver's extra cup holder that was on the older models. Other than that, great job Volvo!"

Worst Volvo in 40 Years

By on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"At 51 miles major rear brake failure requiring all the rear brake parts to be replaced. Electronic sensor system is too sensitive. Warning sensors have given erroneous messages. Warning systems says engine is running when it is stopped. Uncommon rubbing noises in rear end when driving. Down shifting is very jerky. Turbo/transmission response is jerky. We have been driving Volvos for 40 years and cross-countries for last 8 years. After our continuing problems with our 2010 we will never purchase another Volvo."

Good all around vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "quieter ride better vision"

Cons: "none so far"

"traded a cadillac SRX for this XC70. Much quieter and more comfortable. Also much better gas mileage"

we got a good one

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

"So far this car has been great Same mileage as a Subaru and infinitely more comfortable, safe and roomy"

Luxury at an afordable price

By on Saturday, December 27, 2008

"This is my third Volvo and I couldn't be happier. This is by far the best one I've owned. It handles well and is very comfortable and attractive. It is very quiet, you don't even know the engine is running. I think the gas mileage is better then reported. I highly recommend this wagon, it's much nicer then a huge SUV but very roomy. My huge dog crate fits fine in the back with no problem, with room to spare."

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

"50,000 miles in just under three years. Only had to replace tires once and just oil changes. Haven't had one thing go wrong. Leather is holding up well and outside looks brand new. The interior still smells like a new car. Average 21 mpg. Adequete power."

Swedish comfort

By on Saturday, August 15, 2009

"Perfect family car, good performance of T6 engine, boosterseats are perfect for the kids, Safety first. Volvo for Life."

Good choice

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"This is our second Volvo the other is 2001 v70 T5, one of the least reliable volvos in a few years. Given the issues with the 2001 we had a LOT of reasons not to purchase another Volvo, but we did buy a 2008 XC70 which with all the buyer incentive cost much less than the 2001, Volvo has made HUGE improvements in their quality control, so far a very good purchase no problems, All the good qualities others talk about and none of the bad ones."

Pleasant

By on Saturday, November 27, 2010

"This is a wonderful, stylish, and extremely comfortably wagon. I previously owned a Mercedes 4matic wagon, and the volvo is as solid and comfortabe. Many think it is not a driver's automobile and while not a sports car it rides very well. It actually reminds me of my other previous mercedes a 1985 turbo diesel. The car really feels like a tank. You might not want to whip around winding roads, but you may want to enjoy the trip!"

Solid car

By on Saturday, December 12, 2009

"Have only had the car for a short time but so far I'm very happy with my 2010 XC70. Fuel economy is not great but seems to have improved over the past few weeks. Performance is definitely enhanced by higher-octane fuel. Handles nicely, controls are clear and easy to use. Tested a 2010 Subaru Outback, a nice car but Volvo won me over! They offered better financing, options and rebates. Solid family car, safe, reliable so far and feels very well made. The seats extremely comfortable. Great car!"

The car has been on a flat bed 2 different times

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "IPOD hook up is nice"

Cons: "relaibility after 80k stinks"

"After 86k the car became the least reliable car I have ever owned and very expensive to repair. The car died on the highway stranding me - had it flat bedded to the garage then flat bedded to the dealer to find that the gas hose had become tangled around the fuel sensor causing it to think it had no fuel and setting off all of the computer sensors to first over react and then shut down. An obvious Volvo design / build flaw - no help at all from them. Cut the exhaust, drop the tank, re-route the lines, put it back together + tows I spent about $1400 dollars. Less than 6 months later on a family vacation 6 states away the a/c compressor binds up, saws through the belt and strands my family and I once again. New compressor + tow another $1400. Lately the gas cap gasket letting go, releasing the cap and causing the check engine light to come on. I currently own 5 Volvos and this is the worst I have ever owned. One more problem and I am going to have the car crushed so no one else has to ever suffer through owning it"

Close to a Lemon

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"Ugh! Do NOT buy one of these. We purchased new thinking it would be a great, safe, reliable vehicle for me to drive with our new son and it has been nothing but trouble. I have had it in the dealers shop 8 times over the last year ranging anywhere from 1 day to 2 weeks for various problems. Lots of sqeaking from the front and rear or the car, window issues, replaced most parts on the front end etc....This car is more of a pain than it is worth especially for the price. The dealer was nice enough to tell me "we would be happy to trade your car in for something else." Wow thanks, so I can buy another car less than a year later....no thanks! I'll be selling this car before the warrenty runs out and NEVER buying another Volvo again."

Love this car

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "technology"

Cons: "could be more fuel efficient"

"Technology is leaps ahead of my last volvo xc70"

best car

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pros: "goes everyware"

Cons: "milage is a little low"

"great car plan on 300k miles or more"

Perfect for my uses

By on Monday, August 03, 2009

"I have 50,000 miles on my 2005 XC70 bought new at the end of the model year. No problems thus far. Still have the original tires, no brake work required. This vehicle is perfect for us. It carries two adults, a cat, cat food, 2 kayaks, fishing rods, tackle, luggage and miscellaneous stuff on a 4000 mile trip without discomfort. Without the kayaks, the gas mileage on a highway trip exceeds EPA estimates; with the kayaks we get about 3 mpg less."