2009 Volvo XC70

Based on 46 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Bought used in July 2011@48,000miles. Now @ 80,000

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "Adaptive Cruise, Push to Start, Rain Sensing Wiper"

Cons: "Child Seats, Low H Power, No Turbo."

"Bought used in July 2011 @ 48,000 miles. Now @ 80,000 miles. Volvo is simply the best regardless of what model. Began not liking the adaptive cruise control but now I love it. Perfect for high speed traffic where cars are pulling into space between you and car in front. No need to adjust the cruise speed or step on brake. Car automatically backs off to let careless drivers cut in front. Also rain sensing wipers. Again, no need to fiddle with wiper speed while driving in traffic during downpour. Wipers automatically adjust to rain intensity. This is a safety feature if driving on interstate through large cities. Love the 'push to start' feature. I simply leave the fob in my pocket and push the button on one of the door handles to lock. Very convenient!"

My first Volvo and I love it.

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "Quality, style, comfort."

Cons: "False BLIS readings on wet roads."

"2011 XC70 has 66,000 miles and still rides as good as day I drove it home new. Same orignal equipment Michelin tires too with decent tread still remaining. Bought it for reliability, safety and looks and have not been disappointed. Great features inside...BLIS, folding mirrors, electronics and comfy driver's cockpit. Also love the orthopedic-quality front seats. Volvo dealership in both NY and NH have been consistently terrfic with great service. The original 5yr/60K mile full warranty was a godsend although in 3 years I've only needed regular service and a few minor adjustments. Like it best for highway driving but also fully functional on back roads."

LOVE my little red wagon!

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Great in bad weather, perfect for the kids"

Cons: "max passenger space."

"I've driven this car for 4 years now, and still love it. My husband laughs at me for thinking that people drive terribly in the snow and bad weather... because my wagon makes it easy. She growls at snow! I drive the wagon to transport our most precious cargo (our 2 children) to and from school, as well as to the office every day. I do sometimes wish I had more passenger space, but other than that I've been more than happy with this car. Repairs can be pricey, but fortunately they're few and far between (ever heard of an "infotainment" unit?). I like that it stands out in a sea of minivans and obnoxious SUV's. I feel she's a great combination of practical and fun. I'm a firm believer in Volvo after this car."

Absolutely best car I ever owned - bar none

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

"This was the first Volvo I owned. I've driven lots of high-end cars and AWD vehicles. The Volvo beats them all. It is superbly quiet, very smooth riding, handles ANY kind of road conditions automatically. Drives effortlessly yet still gives you the sense of the road. Very thoughtfully laid out interior and doesn't have a forest of stems on the column. Premium Sound System is concert quality. The nav is easy to use and kinda fun. And because of Volvo's safety reputation, I feel very secure driving my grandchildren."

Absolutely best car I ever owned - bar none