2008 Volvo XC70

Based on 53 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Safe Quiet Ride

By on Sunday, December 27, 2009

"I bought our Volvo last January used with 12,000 miles for $27,000. Great in the snow of Minneapolis. I average 21 MPG in mixed driving. and have gotten 27MPG on a road trip. The seats are very wide and comfortable. No added expenses for repairs in my 12,000 miles of use. Good value used, too high priced new!"

Even better than my 2005 XC70

By on Saturday, May 17, 2008

"Everything is better in my 2008 XC70. Very quiet,smooth ride,luxurious interior,more stylish exterior,great options (Blind Spot Info Sysytem, folding outside mirrors, keyless entry and starting, self closing tailgate, great sound system, Active Bi-Xenon headlights, and more...). My wife loved her 2005 XC70, but she's even happier with her 2008 XC70. It rides better and handles better than the SUVs we tried, including the Acura MDX and all the others. It has the refinement of a car with the utility of an SUV. It's one of a kind and stands above the other choices."

Great car, if you're not in a hurry

By on Sunday, May 24, 2009

"This is my first Volvo (I'm a long-time BMW owner) and find it to be a very comfortable, quiet, solid, ruggedly attractive vehicle. It has been completely reliable for the first 22,000 miles so far. My only complaint is that the 3.2 liter normally aspirated engine is overwhelmed by this vehicle's weight (over 5,000 lbs). This vehicle is as heavy as an SUV, it's slow and the engine is buzzy during acceleration. I have to plan merges into highway traffic carefully. I've driven the turbo XC70 and there is a huge difference. This will be a great vehicle for anyone who places a premium on luxury/safety and whose driving doesn't require merging frequently onto congested highways."

Worst Volvo in 40 Years

By on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"At 51 miles major rear brake failure requiring all the rear brake parts to be replaced. Electronic sensor system is too sensitive. Warning sensors have given erroneous messages. Warning systems says engine is running when it is stopped. Uncommon rubbing noises in rear end when driving. Down shifting is very jerky. Turbo/transmission response is jerky. We have been driving Volvos for 40 years and cross-countries for last 8 years. After our continuing problems with our 2010 we will never purchase another Volvo."

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"This car is so quiet you don't even realize it is on. The gas mileage is better than rated. It is closer to 21 mpg around town and 26 mpg highway. I love the safety features inccluding the BLIS. My husband and I are both tall, 6'2" and 5'9". On occasion, I sit in the back seat and I could use a little more room for my legs. We miss the driver's extra cup holder that was on the older models. Other than that, great job Volvo!"