2007 Volvo XC70

Based on 125 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next

Maintenance is expensive

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I LOVE this car. However, after about the 3rd year of owning it, the maintenace costs far outweigh the value. We are trading it in, for the sole reason that our maintenance bill was close to $3000 this year. Last year it was $2000. It is just out of control. As another reviewer said - it is at least $1000/year for general maintenace. When things go wrong - look out! It saddens me to see it go. Best car I ever had."

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"THis car is a comfortable car to drive however it has been a nightmare to deal with. The transmission is shot after 85000 and Vovlo is terrible to deal with. Nothing but a hole on the road into one pours money..Never again"

Love this car!

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"I swore I would NEVER own a station wagon - this one changed my mind. Our first experience was with a rental in Germany and I got in this car and everything just felt like it was in the right place. When it came time to buy this was what we decided on - both of us have owned many cars and worked on them ourselves. It drives so smooth - in Germany I got up to about 150 mph without even realizing it and it still felt safe. It has taken us all over Europe - to the Alps, up a volcano - and never a worry. And the looks - from the front these cars look great - stylish, aggressive and not trimmed in too much garish plastic. We already owned two Jeeps - a Cherokee and an old CJ - we always thought our move up to a "nicer" car would be a Grand Cherokee - but not anymore. This is the one! The only thing close to a complaint - if Volvo could improve the gas mileage just a bit - it's not bad, but more would be better."

Reliable and performs great..So comfortable!!!

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"My XC 70 is the best vehicle I've ever owned. It is reliable and drives so smooth and comfortable. Winter driving is a pleasure with its all wheel drive!! Well done, Volvo! Well done!"

I love my car

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"This is the best car I've ever owned. It is so comfortable for long rides, its like being in a recliner. Although it could get better mileage, I wouldn't trade it for anything else. It is easy to use all the options and the navi screen is the biggest I've seen compared to other vehicles. The kids love the DVD and the sound is great. My youngest appreciates not having to use a "baby seat" and happily uses the built in booster. I never run out of cargo room even with vacation luggage for five."

Style over Substance

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"We wanted a somewhat stylish vehicle alternative to the practical minivan. The XC70 had it all: a third row for the carpools, AWD for skiing and camping trips, built in booster seats - and the Volvo reputation for reliability and longevity. What could go wrong? - How about at least one significant ($1k or more) problem with the vehicle per year? Problems w/ the tranmission, vehicle locks, vehicle latches, etc. To Volvo's credit, none of the problems has left us stranded on the side of the road, but we visit the service center more often than we should - and we pay for it each time. [For $40k, I expect reliability, this car is disappointing.] - The ownership cost is excessive, as a result. Regular service alone is relatively expensive already. - But, for a family wagon, it's stylish and it handles well in the snow. - We're getting a Sienna - anyone interested in a XC 70?"

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

Pricey Maintenance

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"Most expensive car I have ever had to maintain. It's a very nice car to drive and of course very safe. Make sure you have a very fat wallet if you want to keep it running in top condition."

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next