2007 Volvo XC70

Based on 133 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Excellent Vehicle

By on Friday, March 28, 2008

"This is my 5th Volvo. Had the dealer find it for me and bought it used with 16,000 miles. Now has 65,000 miles. All I do is change the oil every 5000 miles. Do have the transmission serviced by an independent as Volvo seems to have trans problems around 70000 miles on those v-70 type cars that didn't have the trans fluid changed at 50-60K miles. It's rugged and can handle the off road dirt and ditches and 115 degree days of the big bend area with no problem. My wife loves the built in booster seats for the kids and it's an estremely safe and well built car. Was rear ended at a stop light. The other car had to be towed away and we drove away without even a scratch to the bumber. Most comfortable seats and can drive for long 800 mile highway trips without getting tired. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. You can't beat the value of a known used XC70."

Trade our 4th Volvo wagon for one at the factory.

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pros: "Best station wagon made."

Cons: "No diesel engine option for the US."

Picking up a San Juan 21 in Kansas to sail back on the Chesapeake Bay.

"Our fourth Volvo wagon is eleven years old and we're looking forward to a trip to Gothenburg to get the latest XC70 T6 and enjoy a vacation in Europe. This is our favorite wagon to accomodate two grandsons with their own booster seats, to hoist our canoe onto roof racks lower than any SUV's and to install a factory trailer hitch for various trailers, not to mention safety and the world's best seats."

Picking up a San Juan 21 in Kansas to sail back on the Chesapeake Bay.

By on Saturday, January 30, 2010

"This is my 5th Volvo after a 740, 850, S70, C70, and not XC70. Yes, all Volvos are on the expensive side to maintain, but with Volvos safety and absolute comfort I can live with the expense of yearly maintenance. The seats in the XC70 are not as comfortable as the C70 or S70, but they are still orders of magnitude more comfortable than the X3 or E Class Merc. Decent gas mileage and pickup."

Love this Car!

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"We bought our 04 model when we moved to Germany. We have owned it almost 5 years and I still am in love with it. It handles great in the snow and is still smooth on the autobahn. My husband even looks good driving it. The XC70 has a classic rugged look, not cheap and plasticy like so many cars today. On top of that it is an inviting ride on the inside. We can fit our dogs or bikes and go anywhere in comfort. Wow, it is expensive to maintain but if it lasts me ten or more years it will be worth it!"

I've owned four of these

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"2 white ones, 1 brown one, and currently own a maroon one. This vehicle takes the C out of compromise. I've had back problems for years and this vehicle is the only one I can drive for thousands of miles and not get out sore. Yet, I never get stuck in the snow, and I ski a lot and am in snowy conditions all the time. The ground clearance is substancial and gives me the confidance to go on dirt, rough roads, or just pull up to the curb without scraping anything. This car just works, I put in the key, turn, and I'm off. Be aware however that taking this vehicle into the dealer for routine maintiance is expensive. Try and find a local independent shop and you'll save. This car is not for driving-entheusasts, actually it's boring. But, if your purpose is utility, confort, safety, and reliability then buy one. :)"

Best Car I've Ever Owned

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "Goes anywhere, hauls anything, comfy, power"

Cons: "Mileage"

"I've owned 11 cars, and this has by far been the best."

LOVE IT!!

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

"I LOVE LOVE LOVE this car!!!. Can't say anything bad about it and will definitely purchase another one. Out of all the luxury cars I have had, by far, Volvo has been the best."

Awesome!

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of room, fold down seats, AWD"

Cons: "--none--"

"Definately the best car I've had. It's at 115000 miles and still going strong! Very reliable, heated seats, all wheel drive, and a lot of other cool features"

Reliable

By on Friday, September 30, 2011

Pros: "Upgradeable in everyway."

Cons: "The door controls are for the passenger and driver and awful cramped."

"I bought this car with 80,000 miles and all I have done is change the tires, brakes. Put in an K"

Love it

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, great space, minimal issues"

Cons: "not much I can think of"

"At 93k miles I had to replace the bearings, but was worried about the high milage..not a problem..this is my 4th Volvo and I have just loved it with no problems. I have had a s70 then a s60awd then a xc90(horrible..lemon lawed out)got another(bad also) and recently the xc7o for the last 3 years and I love it..I am moving on to another s60 to get out of the soccer mom mode, but will never not have a Volvo.."

Great family vehicle

By on Saturday, January 29, 2011

"Vehicle feels like a european touring sedan. Handles terrific and is amazing in the snow. The built in child booster seats are great. I was able to have all three kids in the second row because of the two (yes two) boosters. With the third row jump seat I can put 7 in this car. And did I mention I get 19 miles per gallon in the city and have gotten as high as 29 on the highway. She is great on gas! Purchased as a certified vehicle. Put this one high on your list when shopping for a used car."

Awesome Mom Ride

By on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"Love this car. Bought a loaner from dealer and it has been the very best car for me, my kids and their sports equipment and my dog with the retractable rear netting."

FIFTH AND LAST

By on Thursday, September 03, 2009

"Volvo has lost its edge. Our "04 XC has been in the shop six times in the past 14 months. Fortunately we had the extended warranty which covered in excess of $6K worth of repairs, coupled with the scheduled maintenance this is a VERY expensive vehicle to drive. We have our eye on a used Mercedes wagon which appears to be a suitable substitute that we're willing to try the next time around."

The best of all volvos

By on Thursday, June 11, 2009

"We have owned 4 volvos from 1985 to 2003. Our 2003 XC70 is the best vehicle we have ever had. We have had since new, it has 76K miles and still drives and rides like new. Replaced stock Pirellis with Yokohama AVID TRZ's. Great dealer support we do have the extended warranty that came in handy recently when instrument panel needed to be replaced."

Love it

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2008

"I looked long and hard for this vehicle. I was able to buy one used with only 13,000 miles. The car is by far the most comfortable and enjoyable car to drive I have ever owned. It does extremely well on the interstate cruising at 75 MPH. I am thrilled with the highway MPG. I only wish I had not been so hasty to buy my Honda Pilot as our household would have two XC 70s in the garage. My only complaint is the drivers side door seal has come off and the preset buttons on the radio stuck requiring the radio to be replaced."

Great Wagon!

By on Saturday, July 19, 2008

"I owned a '91 XC70 and traded it in for an '07. Some features are absent on the new wagon that I really miss. Above all, the Cross Country can't be topped for comfort and for road handling. I also own a Volvo Bertone. Convinced two family members to change to Volvo. I hope Ford doesn't lose the luxury on the XC70! Excellent in rain, sleet, snow..all!! I am amazed at the amount of cargo space too."

Can't beat it

By on Saturday, May 03, 2008

"The XC70 is an absolutely great car, though I've never been thrilled with the service I receive from my local dealer so I take it to a mechanic who specializes in imports who does a fabulous job with it. Smooth ride, though the in-city mpg isn't the best (average 18). All the features you should expect and the most comfortable seats going. Retains it's value so well I bought it after my 4-year lease expired and I was still money ahead."

Conflicted in Lake Tahoe

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"Safest car I have ever driven (once I installed Continental M/S tires). Driving between the Lake and the Bay Area (220 miles) is now a pleasure! My only real complaint is that the anti skid device has failed twice, rendering the car inoperable. The dealer replaced the sensors twice under warranty, but I am nervous about driving it on the highway! Warranty about to expire...do I pay $3,000 for an extended warranty,dump it for a Toyonda or just pray? Deep down I really do love the XC70..."

Exceptional

By on Saturday, November 10, 2007

"My husband and I are between 45-50 and have really enjoyed this car. It is a great vehicle to travel in.....first trip to california neither of us were tired or had stiff necks. Wish we could have afforded it when our children (5) were young. An added plus for me is I love driving it in snowy weather and I use to hate driving on icy or snow packed roads. Great investment, but it is on the expensive side for young families."

Good car, couple of flaws

By on Saturday, September 29, 2007

"We own this car with 63K miles in 4.5 years. Great on road trips, snow, vacation w/ all the gear, dogs, kids, even mother in law. BUT there is always something nagging with it - transmission will sometimes put on a show, the engine just has "just enough" power to get through all situations and lastly - if you don't like squeeks and rattles STAY AWAY. This baby moans and groans and creaks and squeeks all the live long way home ... other than that I (for my wife you understand) would buy another one without question."

this car is beautiful, a strong Volvo.

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "Just a great car/van/living room."

Cons: "not great on around town mileage."

"I have carried clients, carpeting, everything in this car. Rated the most beautiful design by the Italians, it is striking. Yesterday, someone told me it looks new. this car is by the sea and looks great, moves great, a true Volvo. I am an outside salesman and this is the car."

Bought new, best decision!

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

"Trouble free throughout its life so far. Mfg tires lasted 30K miles. AWD is not 4WD, but in the midwest AWD is fine for the snow and #"

one of the best car I have.

By on Sunday, October 09, 2011

"It's my second Volvo."

would get another one like it.

By on Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cons: "more room in back would be better"

"I bought it new and have maintained it regularly. The most reliable vehicle, that I have ever owned."

Best Volvo I ever owned

By on Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"I love this car. I have owned the car for 7 years, and I have not had a single problem with it. I replaced brakes & rotors after 110K miles. The car is driven in the eastern sierra with mostly highway driving"