2006 Volvo XC70

Based on 121 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

The Best

By on Sunday, October 10, 2010

"Confort is great but safety is #1 I just got T boned and after my car roll on its side and back again I walked out without a scrash, even more I have to back up and move it out of the way, incredible, smoking and all bend it started at once. I can´t imagine driving anything else."

Good Value

By on Thursday, September 23, 2010

"Wanted a good 4wd car for my wife to go to California in the winter. She really likes the smooth, quiet ride and performance and ease around trown. Can't get a better value for a European car."

great value

By on Saturday, August 14, 2010

"This vehicle has done everything that it was asked to do, very well. Even though it is a wagon, it kind drives like a sports car. Comfortablility is unsurpassed, with the heated leather seats. It has been one of the best vehicles that I have ever driven in real bad weather. It is my belief that Volvo sets the standards for building a great vehicle."

A solid european engineered Wagon

By on Wednesday, August 04, 2010

"I've owned my car going on 4 years now and this is my first Volvo. I've owned all kinds of cars (listed in worst to best from my personal experience). VW, Nissan, Mazda, Chev, and Honda. This car is by far my most favorite auto I have ever owned. As a family car, it is incredibly versatile with its huge cargo space in the rear, where the all the seats can fold down for additional room, even the front passenger. Gas economy is averaging 20mpg city and 30 highway. It is also a great vehicle to tow tent trailers. Reliability is average for a Volvo, which issues experienced are all well known weaknesses but none of the repairs are expensive and are all wear related - not faults. Common issues include top and lower mounts, end-links, and the odd wheel bearing. Again, none of these repairs were overly expensive, several I was able to do myself with a simple ratchet set. Driving and comfort - this car puts to shame most luxary sedans, it's like driving on lazyboy chairs, making long trips easy and relaxing. Coupled with its fantastic haldex AWD system, traction control (standard) and optional stability control, this vehicle is very solid in all kinds of weather no matter where you live. The 2.5T engine also provides PLENTY of power and pick-up with 0-60 times in the mid-7 seconds - more than enough oomph to merge and pass cars even when fully loaded. It's not a light vehicle, weighing in at a hefty 4200lbs, but with that girth also comes safety, with curtain airbags that go all the way around the driver and passenger compartments, and anti-whiplash seats. I also feel very safe in this car, especially since i have a couple of small children that sit in the back. For me, it's versatility coupled with safety, decent fuel economy for a vehicle of this size and AWD system, this car is a no-brainer for those looking for a wagon for the family or for those who need the extra space in the trunk for varied lifestyles."

unhappy

By on Sunday, March 21, 2010

"we bought a used 2001 and have had nothing but trouble. the trans has had a problem from the get go and unless it shows up on the computer no one can fix it. finaly it went out completely. the cost of ownership does not justifiy nice seats. we have many more problems but too many to list. remember, never buy a volvo that isn't at a volvo dealership, no one knows how to check them out right."

love this car!

By on Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Over the past ten years I've had an '86 Cadillac sedan, a '91 Peugeot wagon, an '86 Volvo 240 wagon, an '89 Volvo 240 wagon and now THIS car for one year. I love my european wagons and I love my Volvos! This is the newest most luxurious car I've thus far owned and the only complaint I have about it is that it's a gas guzzler and oil change is more expensive since you have to use synthetic. That's it!"

By on Wednesday, February 03, 2010

By on Saturday, January 30, 2010

"This is my 5th Volvo after a 740, 850, S70, C70, and not XC70. Yes, all Volvos are on the expensive side to maintain, but with Volvos safety and absolute comfort I can live with the expense of yearly maintenance. The seats in the XC70 are not as comfortable as the C70 or S70, but they are still orders of magnitude more comfortable than the X3 or E Class Merc. Decent gas mileage and pickup."

Awesome Mom Ride

By on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"Love this car. Bought a loaner from dealer and it has been the very best car for me, my kids and their sports equipment and my dog with the retractable rear netting."

By on Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Great all around car

By on Saturday, September 26, 2009

"When we moved out 'in the country' my husband insisted I have an AWD. I looked at the XC90 but prefered the XC70. I bought a low milage 04. I drive a lot and I love the comfortable seats and the decent milage (20+ in town, 24+ highway). I frequently need to carry cargo and it holds much more than it looks like it would. Today I hit a deer while going 70 mph on the interstate. The airbags deployed and aside from some abrasions I am fine. I love this car and won't even look at anything else as long as they make the XC70."

wonderful car

By on Monday, September 14, 2009

"most comfortable vehicle to drive, with top-notch reliability. sorry they no longer make red metallic available."

By on Saturday, September 12, 2009

"We bought this car to drive our two kids to and from skiing and soccer. Volvo engineers, with all of their wisdom, failed to create a comfortable back seat. It is too small and doesn't recline to a comfortable position. They could easily have reduced the trunk room and increased the back seat."

FIFTH AND LAST

By on Thursday, September 03, 2009

"Volvo has lost its edge. Our "04 XC has been in the shop six times in the past 14 months. Fortunately we had the extended warranty which covered in excess of $6K worth of repairs, coupled with the scheduled maintenance this is a VERY expensive vehicle to drive. We have our eye on a used Mercedes wagon which appears to be a suitable substitute that we're willing to try the next time around."

By on Wednesday, July 29, 2009

By on Monday, July 06, 2009

"We have had the car for over trhree years. no issues. A comfortable functional car."

The best of all volvos

By on Thursday, June 11, 2009

"We have owned 4 volvos from 1985 to 2003. Our 2003 XC70 is the best vehicle we have ever had. We have had since new, it has 76K miles and still drives and rides like new. Replaced stock Pirellis with Yokohama AVID TRZ's. Great dealer support we do have the extended warranty that came in handy recently when instrument panel needed to be replaced."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"I bought my 2005 XC70 New and have loved it from the day I brought it home! It is AMAZING in the snow and will plow through just about anything. The seats are comfortable, it gets good gas mileage for an AWD wagon, and there is enough space for my family of four. For a wagon, it has a sleek and sexy look to it. We had all of the windows tinted on ours, which helps. Doesn't look like the rest of suburbia."

Best Dog Car

By on Thursday, June 04, 2009

"I Googled "best car for dogs" and up came the XC70 and XC90. I didn't like the look of the XC90 so went with the wagon. I now imagine having a Volvo wagon as our dog wagon for life. The Volvo accessories are great - dog doors, dividers, tailored waterproof floor and trunk mats. Dogs also appreciate the softer ride. They barfed all the time in our ML55! I thought I would miss my Mercedes but once I upgraded the stereo to get Bluetooth, XM and nav, I had myself the perfect vehicle for a multi-dog family. MPG could be better and a bit more oomph would be nice, but the raised ride height in wet weather and all wheel drive is great. Brakes are probably the only real weak point."

A workhorse

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Ok, it's my wife's car but I take care of it and I use it to pick up supplies from the garden center and hardware store. We're going on 5 years with our 2004 XC-70 and in a nutshell it's a great car to own if you can only have one car in the garage. Drives like a sedan (an AWD S60 of course), decent mileage (21 mpg), decent pick up, great sense of safety, great residual value, and of course versitility in hauling stuff. Why anyone would drive an SUV/crossover when you can drive an AWD wagon is beyond my reasoning. This is our 2nd Volvo after a 98 S70 and I see no reason why a 3rd isn't in our future. If you think the XC70 seats are comfortable, they're nothing next to those in that S70. Volvo does seats right people. Why can't others? Make no mistake however, it's no sport sedan and I know because I keep those for myself. Other downsides: the stock Pirelli tires which you have to get get chewed up, brakes go fast likely due to the heavier weight of AWD, and the interior is now behind the times for a luxury brand. Still, I'd have a tough time trading this one in for a new one as I don't see enough difference with the new 2008. After a few more years however..."

Best Kept Secret

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"My 3rd CX70. Great ride. Tight turnning. Great handling in ice & snow or anytime. Very good styling."

Disappointed

By on Saturday, December 06, 2008

"I bought this vehicle for my wife as a special gift, since it was always one of her dream cars. In 40,000 miles, it has been in and out of the shop about 8 times for a variety of problems such as: leaks, suspension component replacement, broken window regulator, and a failed power steering pump. Luckily, I bought the extended warranty. Because of the reliability issues, we're going to sell this car before the warranty is up. My wife is heartbroken. I wouldn't recommend the Volvo to anyone, unless you don't mind shelling out thousands a year in repairs on what should be a top quality vehicle."

By on Sunday, November 09, 2008

"Am enjoying my XC70 as much four years after purchase as the day I bought it. Mechanically outstanding. Handling on highway clear snow or ice is unbelievable. When family needs to travel on winter evenings this is the choice. Positive handling at all speeds. Pulls the largest Uhaul trailer. A real workhorse! However, all family and guests compliment the comfort of the seats, whether front or back. Will keep for another six years at least. The best vehicle I have had in 45 years of driving, which includes other Volvos, Mercedes, Cadillacs, Fords, Buicks and Pontiacs."

Love it

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2008

"I looked long and hard for this vehicle. I was able to buy one used with only 13,000 miles. The car is by far the most comfortable and enjoyable car to drive I have ever owned. It does extremely well on the interstate cruising at 75 MPH. I am thrilled with the highway MPG. I only wish I had not been so hasty to buy my Honda Pilot as our household would have two XC 70s in the garage. My only complaint is the drivers side door seal has come off and the preset buttons on the radio stuck requiring the radio to be replaced."

Super Ski Wagon

By on Saturday, August 23, 2008

"They just keep making them better. I really liked my 01 X/C, but my 06 is even better. The safety features are superior to any vehicle in its class. Load it up and it will take you to the mountains for skiing without any problems. It is comfortable with room for all your gear."