2006 Volvo XC70

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

would get another one like it.

By on Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cons: "more room in back would be better"

"I bought it new and have maintained it regularly. The most reliable vehicle, that I have ever owned."

Great family vehicle

By on Saturday, January 29, 2011

"Vehicle feels like a european touring sedan. Handles terrific and is amazing in the snow. The built in child booster seats are great. I was able to have all three kids in the second row because of the two (yes two) boosters. With the third row jump seat I can put 7 in this car. And did I mention I get 19 miles per gallon in the city and have gotten as high as 29 on the highway. She is great on gas! Purchased as a certified vehicle. Put this one high on your list when shopping for a used car."

Best Volvo I ever owned

By on Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"I love this car. I have owned the car for 7 years, and I have not had a single problem with it. I replaced brakes & rotors after 110K miles. The car is driven in the eastern sierra with mostly highway driving"

The Best

By on Sunday, October 10, 2010

"Confort is great but safety is #1 I just got T boned and after my car roll on its side and back again I walked out without a scrash, even more I have to back up and move it out of the way, incredible, smoking and all bend it started at once. I can´t imagine driving anything else."

love this car!

By on Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Over the past ten years I've had an '86 Cadillac sedan, a '91 Peugeot wagon, an '86 Volvo 240 wagon, an '89 Volvo 240 wagon and now THIS car for one year. I love my european wagons and I love my Volvos! This is the newest most luxurious car I've thus far owned and the only complaint I have about it is that it's a gas guzzler and oil change is more expensive since you have to use synthetic. That's it!"

wonderful car

By on Monday, September 14, 2009

"most comfortable vehicle to drive, with top-notch reliability. sorry they no longer make red metallic available."

By on Saturday, September 12, 2009

"We bought this car to drive our two kids to and from skiing and soccer. Volvo engineers, with all of their wisdom, failed to create a comfortable back seat. It is too small and doesn't recline to a comfortable position. They could easily have reduced the trunk room and increased the back seat."

Love it

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2008

"I looked long and hard for this vehicle. I was able to buy one used with only 13,000 miles. The car is by far the most comfortable and enjoyable car to drive I have ever owned. It does extremely well on the interstate cruising at 75 MPH. I am thrilled with the highway MPG. I only wish I had not been so hasty to buy my Honda Pilot as our household would have two XC 70s in the garage. My only complaint is the drivers side door seal has come off and the preset buttons on the radio stuck requiring the radio to be replaced."

Super Ski Wagon

By on Saturday, August 23, 2008

"They just keep making them better. I really liked my 01 X/C, but my 06 is even better. The safety features are superior to any vehicle in its class. Load it up and it will take you to the mountains for skiing without any problems. It is comfortable with room for all your gear."

Great Wagon!

By on Saturday, July 19, 2008

"I owned a '91 XC70 and traded it in for an '07. Some features are absent on the new wagon that I really miss. Above all, the Cross Country can't be topped for comfort and for road handling. I also own a Volvo Bertone. Convinced two family members to change to Volvo. I hope Ford doesn't lose the luxury on the XC70! Excellent in rain, sleet, snow..all!! I am amazed at the amount of cargo space too."

XC 70

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"I have had the car for around a year and have to say that I do not have one complaint. the car handles great in snow, rain etc. Very comfortable the trunk space is big!"

Can't beat it

By on Saturday, May 03, 2008

"The XC70 is an absolutely great car, though I've never been thrilled with the service I receive from my local dealer so I take it to a mechanic who specializes in imports who does a fabulous job with it. Smooth ride, though the in-city mpg isn't the best (average 18). All the features you should expect and the most comfortable seats going. Retains it's value so well I bought it after my 4-year lease expired and I was still money ahead."

alaska

By on Friday, February 08, 2008

"This is car is a tank, handles great in snow and ice."

Why do I keep buying these?

By on Saturday, January 26, 2008

"This is my seventh Volvo in a span of 25 years. Although the first few... a 142, 144, 164 were just for cheap transportation post military and going to college, the rest: a 740GL, 940T sedan, 940T wagon, and now, a XC70 have been for family and lots of miles traveled. 740-100,000+ [bored of it and traded it, solid and reliable], 940T-230,000+ [so far the best car, very little maintenance], 940T wagon-100,000+ [never satisfied and more repairs] Now of course all these cars were used and the actual miles were much higher per vehicle upon donation; I only posted what I drove during ownership. The XC70 although 1 year old when purchased with 16,000 miles, is still like a brand new car. Comfortable, super-safe, so-far reliable...a light year ahead of what I've owned; of course I no longer drive the Volvo, it's my wife's new ride. Some things DO change. I never did tell you why I keep buying them... I just do."

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

Great car...purchased new in 04 & not selling it

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Winter driving and hauling"

Cons: "Ugly soccer moms check you out"

"I use this wagon like most people use trucks. I am a single guy with no kids and love my wagon. I have over 135 000 miles on it and have put next to nothing into it. I have hauled two large dog into Canada numerous times, transported a dingy from one end of the Chesapeake to the other, dock boxes 1000 lbs of sails and equipment from Daytona to Baltimore all without a problem and she still drives like the day I drove it off the lot. And she will smoke most other cars off the line and when most people are unable to get through 1 to 2 feet of snow I can still make the seed limit"

reliable luxury great for distance

By on Friday, November 09, 2012

Pros: "reliability, longevity, value"

Cons: "price"

"this is the second xc70 that ive bought the 1st was a 99 xc70 awd base, i put 550,000 on that car and it still ran great when i traded it in for a newer one. this one drives like a cloud on air and is as safe as a leopard tank, the interior design is great especially in the drivers area."

2004 much better than previous except 850

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Safe!!Safe!!Safe!! 27mpg"

Cons: "cupholder plastics break -wish it had an ipod adap"

"This car was garage kept and serviced. I would recommend any volvo owner to change the transmission fluid at dealer and do it every 40000 or so for reliability. The previous xc 70 had saved our lives when someone rearended us on the highway doing over 90 mph...we were going 65 and the traction system engage and we were able to pull over safely. If we were in the toyota we would possibly have flipped and may not be here today. So having put 1500.00 in "routine" service I can not put a value on life. This car has great steel construction that is built for such an impact."

A workhorse

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Ok, it's my wife's car but I take care of it and I use it to pick up supplies from the garden center and hardware store. We're going on 5 years with our 2004 XC-70 and in a nutshell it's a great car to own if you can only have one car in the garage. Drives like a sedan (an AWD S60 of course), decent mileage (21 mpg), decent pick up, great sense of safety, great residual value, and of course versitility in hauling stuff. Why anyone would drive an SUV/crossover when you can drive an AWD wagon is beyond my reasoning. This is our 2nd Volvo after a 98 S70 and I see no reason why a 3rd isn't in our future. If you think the XC70 seats are comfortable, they're nothing next to those in that S70. Volvo does seats right people. Why can't others? Make no mistake however, it's no sport sedan and I know because I keep those for myself. Other downsides: the stock Pirelli tires which you have to get get chewed up, brakes go fast likely due to the heavier weight of AWD, and the interior is now behind the times for a luxury brand. Still, I'd have a tough time trading this one in for a new one as I don't see enough difference with the new 2008. After a few more years however..."

All around awesome all road vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

"I have owned Volvo's for 40+ years, and the XC 70 is the best of the bunch! Wonderful roadability, exceptional dependability,easy to maintain, and quality throughout. Still going strong at 200k miles (she's just getting her second wind)!"

Best Dog Car

By on Thursday, June 04, 2009

"I Googled "best car for dogs" and up came the XC70 and XC90. I didn't like the look of the XC90 so went with the wagon. I now imagine having a Volvo wagon as our dog wagon for life. The Volvo accessories are great - dog doors, dividers, tailored waterproof floor and trunk mats. Dogs also appreciate the softer ride. They barfed all the time in our ML55! I thought I would miss my Mercedes but once I upgraded the stereo to get Bluetooth, XM and nav, I had myself the perfect vehicle for a multi-dog family. MPG could be better and a bit more oomph would be nice, but the raised ride height in wet weather and all wheel drive is great. Brakes are probably the only real weak point."

Multipurpose

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2008

"Drove for 4 straight hours without ever moving neck/back. Most comfortable seats on the market. Gettitng 27mpg highway and 19city on REGULAR GAS! Unbelievable cargo capacity (more than most SUV's). We put a queen sized air mattresess is back and camped in the car overnight. Great for hauling baby/dog stuff everywhere. Great handling in the snow/rain and comparable 0-60 times to the Audi allroad. Bought as a CPO vehicle and have had 0 problems. Looks great while driving through the snow or pulling up to an expensive restaraunt. The true multipurpose vehicle. Hope it runs for 10 more years. Check out the offroad test in Motor Trend too... it beat out the V6 Tourag, BMW X5, and the audi allroad in offroad capability). In fact the X5 didn't even finish the test!"

Sturdy, comfortable, reliable vehicle

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, safe, and solid, luxury feel"

Cons: "A little expensive"

"This Volvo was extremely comfortable and easy to drive for someone who never felt at ease driving a larger car. The feel of the interior is very luxurious, and it is an excellent car in every way. Most importantly, I recently lost my Volvo after we were hit by a driver going at least 80 miles an hour, but everyone in our car walked away unharmed. The area that was hit was completely destroyed, but the side airbag and the solidity of the car probably saved our lives. It was definitely the best car I've owned, and I will be looking for another just like it!"

Lots of Good.. just a few "not so".

By on Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, powerful"

Cons: "More than expected tire wear. Dealer parts are VERY expensive."

"Definitely happy with this car, with a few exceptions you should be aware of. Be prepared to do a bit of extra-curricular parts hunting to avoid dealer's exorbitant pricing. Cases in point: HID ballast resitors, HID bulbs"

Love my volvo XC70!

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, solid and safe but has pick up!"

Cons: "console is a bit awkward to reach"

"This car is a dream to drive and I have not had any issues with it. Great in snow, awesome turbo when you need it for the mountain passes or to scoot out of the way. Very comfortable and smooth on road. Great car for Colorado weather!"