2005 Volvo XC70

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

I've owned four of these

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"2 white ones, 1 brown one, and currently own a maroon one. This vehicle takes the C out of compromise. I've had back problems for years and this vehicle is the only one I can drive for thousands of miles and not get out sore. Yet, I never get stuck in the snow, and I ski a lot and am in snowy conditions all the time. The ground clearance is substancial and gives me the confidance to go on dirt, rough roads, or just pull up to the curb without scraping anything. This car just works, I put in the key, turn, and I'm off. Be aware however that taking this vehicle into the dealer for routine maintiance is expensive. Try and find a local independent shop and you'll save. This car is not for driving-entheusasts, actually it's boring. But, if your purpose is utility, confort, safety, and reliability then buy one. :)"

Good car, couple of flaws

By on Saturday, September 29, 2007

"We own this car with 63K miles in 4.5 years. Great on road trips, snow, vacation w/ all the gear, dogs, kids, even mother in law. BUT there is always something nagging with it - transmission will sometimes put on a show, the engine just has "just enough" power to get through all situations and lastly - if you don't like squeeks and rattles STAY AWAY. This baby moans and groans and creaks and squeeks all the live long way home ... other than that I (for my wife you understand) would buy another one without question."

Maintenance is expensive

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I LOVE this car. However, after about the 3rd year of owning it, the maintenace costs far outweigh the value. We are trading it in, for the sole reason that our maintenance bill was close to $3000 this year. Last year it was $2000. It is just out of control. As another reviewer said - it is at least $1000/year for general maintenace. When things go wrong - look out! It saddens me to see it go. Best car I ever had."

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007