2005 Volvo XC70

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"I bought my 2005 XC70 New and have loved it from the day I brought it home! It is AMAZING in the snow and will plow through just about anything. The seats are comfortable, it gets good gas mileage for an AWD wagon, and there is enough space for my family of four. For a wagon, it has a sleek and sexy look to it. We had all of the windows tinted on ours, which helps. Doesn't look like the rest of suburbia."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Friday, March 28, 2008

"This is my 5th Volvo. Had the dealer find it for me and bought it used with 16,000 miles. Now has 65,000 miles. All I do is change the oil every 5000 miles. Do have the transmission serviced by an independent as Volvo seems to have trans problems around 70000 miles on those v-70 type cars that didn't have the trans fluid changed at 50-60K miles. It's rugged and can handle the off road dirt and ditches and 115 degree days of the big bend area with no problem. My wife loves the built in booster seats for the kids and it's an estremely safe and well built car. Was rear ended at a stop light. The other car had to be towed away and we drove away without even a scratch to the bumber. Most comfortable seats and can drive for long 800 mile highway trips without getting tired. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. You can't beat the value of a known used XC70."

I've owned four of these

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"2 white ones, 1 brown one, and currently own a maroon one. This vehicle takes the C out of compromise. I've had back problems for years and this vehicle is the only one I can drive for thousands of miles and not get out sore. Yet, I never get stuck in the snow, and I ski a lot and am in snowy conditions all the time. The ground clearance is substancial and gives me the confidance to go on dirt, rough roads, or just pull up to the curb without scraping anything. This car just works, I put in the key, turn, and I'm off. Be aware however that taking this vehicle into the dealer for routine maintiance is expensive. Try and find a local independent shop and you'll save. This car is not for driving-entheusasts, actually it's boring. But, if your purpose is utility, confort, safety, and reliability then buy one. :)"

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"THis car is a comfortable car to drive however it has been a nightmare to deal with. The transmission is shot after 85000 and Vovlo is terrible to deal with. Nothing but a hole on the road into one pours money..Never again"

Trade our 4th Volvo wagon for one at the factory.

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pros: "Best station wagon made."

Cons: "No diesel engine option for the US."

Picking up a San Juan 21 in Kansas to sail back on the Chesapeake Bay.

"Our fourth Volvo wagon is eleven years old and we're looking forward to a trip to Gothenburg to get the latest XC70 T6 and enjoy a vacation in Europe. This is our favorite wagon to accomodate two grandsons with their own booster seats, to hoist our canoe onto roof racks lower than any SUV's and to install a factory trailer hitch for various trailers, not to mention safety and the world's best seats."

Picking up a San Juan 21 in Kansas to sail back on the Chesapeake Bay.