2004 Volvo XC70

Based on 125 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Sturdy, comfortable, reliable vehicle

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, safe, and solid, luxury feel"

Cons: "A little expensive"

"This Volvo was extremely comfortable and easy to drive for someone who never felt at ease driving a larger car. The feel of the interior is very luxurious, and it is an excellent car in every way. Most importantly, I recently lost my Volvo after we were hit by a driver going at least 80 miles an hour, but everyone in our car walked away unharmed. The area that was hit was completely destroyed, but the side airbag and the solidity of the car probably saved our lives. It was definitely the best car I've owned, and I will be looking for another just like it!"

Not that reliable

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "Style and safety"

Cons: "Relibility and MPG"

"We owned a 2007 XC 70, which got hit on the back at 50 mph and car was totaled. A very safe car, my wife juts walked away from the accident unhurmend. Unfurtuanaly for volvo that is all is got going for it, SAFETY, otherwise this was a very bad car for us. Battery went bad after 30 months, radiator replaced at 40,000 miles , front anxle and control arms replaced at 45,000 miles at a cost of $3,000.00 ,but under warenty and hedious gas milage we averaged 15 mpg for the 6.25 years we owned it."

All around awesome all road vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

"I have owned Volvo's for 40+ years, and the XC 70 is the best of the bunch! Wonderful roadability, exceptional dependability,easy to maintain, and quality throughout. Still going strong at 200k miles (she's just getting her second wind)!"

Value for the Money

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Cons: "Driver seat split but Colorado sun is hard"

"I just love my Volvo and will never own any thing else for a passenger car. I have owned 20+ cars in my lifetime...everything from a huge HD pickup, sports cars, cheap cars, mid size passenger vehicles, domestic and foreign, you name it. BUT this is the longest I've owned a vehicle and its not due to the economy. Fantastic engine - pickup to pass when you need it on two lane winding mountain roads, security - you and your family are safe in this heavy safety cage vehicle, comfortable - short trip or cross country I never have any comfort issues, good on gas. Excellent cup holders. Repairs are pricey at Volvo dealers but you can find other repair shops but watch what the products they install..especially brakes...you want to keep your good quality parts...I've replaced both brakes, radiator, spark plugs, flushed radiator, etc. but at 110K miles in hard conditions of the Rockies, what car would not need these repairs? I highly recommend my XC70 basic model...I did not pay the the high end package."

reliable luxury great for distance

By on Friday, November 09, 2012

Pros: "reliability, longevity, value"

Cons: "price"

"this is the second xc70 that ive bought the 1st was a 99 xc70 awd base, i put 550,000 on that car and it still ran great when i traded it in for a newer one. this one drives like a cloud on air and is as safe as a leopard tank, the interior design is great especially in the drivers area."