2004 Volvo XC70

Based on 133 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Great family vehicle

By on Saturday, January 29, 2011

"Vehicle feels like a european touring sedan. Handles terrific and is amazing in the snow. The built in child booster seats are great. I was able to have all three kids in the second row because of the two (yes two) boosters. With the third row jump seat I can put 7 in this car. And did I mention I get 19 miles per gallon in the city and have gotten as high as 29 on the highway. She is great on gas! Purchased as a certified vehicle. Put this one high on your list when shopping for a used car."

Awesome Mom Ride

By on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"Love this car. Bought a loaner from dealer and it has been the very best car for me, my kids and their sports equipment and my dog with the retractable rear netting."

FIFTH AND LAST

By on Thursday, September 03, 2009

"Volvo has lost its edge. Our "04 XC has been in the shop six times in the past 14 months. Fortunately we had the extended warranty which covered in excess of $6K worth of repairs, coupled with the scheduled maintenance this is a VERY expensive vehicle to drive. We have our eye on a used Mercedes wagon which appears to be a suitable substitute that we're willing to try the next time around."

The best of all volvos

By on Thursday, June 11, 2009

"We have owned 4 volvos from 1985 to 2003. Our 2003 XC70 is the best vehicle we have ever had. We have had since new, it has 76K miles and still drives and rides like new. Replaced stock Pirellis with Yokohama AVID TRZ's. Great dealer support we do have the extended warranty that came in handy recently when instrument panel needed to be replaced."

Love it

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2008

"I looked long and hard for this vehicle. I was able to buy one used with only 13,000 miles. The car is by far the most comfortable and enjoyable car to drive I have ever owned. It does extremely well on the interstate cruising at 75 MPH. I am thrilled with the highway MPG. I only wish I had not been so hasty to buy my Honda Pilot as our household would have two XC 70s in the garage. My only complaint is the drivers side door seal has come off and the preset buttons on the radio stuck requiring the radio to be replaced."

Great Wagon!

By on Saturday, July 19, 2008

"I owned a '91 XC70 and traded it in for an '07. Some features are absent on the new wagon that I really miss. Above all, the Cross Country can't be topped for comfort and for road handling. I also own a Volvo Bertone. Convinced two family members to change to Volvo. I hope Ford doesn't lose the luxury on the XC70! Excellent in rain, sleet, snow..all!! I am amazed at the amount of cargo space too."

Can't beat it

By on Saturday, May 03, 2008

"The XC70 is an absolutely great car, though I've never been thrilled with the service I receive from my local dealer so I take it to a mechanic who specializes in imports who does a fabulous job with it. Smooth ride, though the in-city mpg isn't the best (average 18). All the features you should expect and the most comfortable seats going. Retains it's value so well I bought it after my 4-year lease expired and I was still money ahead."

Conflicted in Lake Tahoe

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"Safest car I have ever driven (once I installed Continental M/S tires). Driving between the Lake and the Bay Area (220 miles) is now a pleasure! My only real complaint is that the anti skid device has failed twice, rendering the car inoperable. The dealer replaced the sensors twice under warranty, but I am nervous about driving it on the highway! Warranty about to expire...do I pay $3,000 for an extended warranty,dump it for a Toyonda or just pray? Deep down I really do love the XC70..."

Exceptional

By on Saturday, November 10, 2007

"My husband and I are between 45-50 and have really enjoyed this car. It is a great vehicle to travel in.....first trip to california neither of us were tired or had stiff necks. Wish we could have afforded it when our children (5) were young. An added plus for me is I love driving it in snowy weather and I use to hate driving on icy or snow packed roads. Great investment, but it is on the expensive side for young families."

Good car, couple of flaws

By on Saturday, September 29, 2007

"We own this car with 63K miles in 4.5 years. Great on road trips, snow, vacation w/ all the gear, dogs, kids, even mother in law. BUT there is always something nagging with it - transmission will sometimes put on a show, the engine just has "just enough" power to get through all situations and lastly - if you don't like squeeks and rattles STAY AWAY. This baby moans and groans and creaks and squeeks all the live long way home ... other than that I (for my wife you understand) would buy another one without question."