2004 Volvo XC70

Based on 125 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Me and my car have been through so much

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "tons of space, fun to drive in winter, reliable"

Cons: "stuff falls between seat and center console"

"This is my first car and will be my car for years to come. it is so reliable, and does everything i could possibly want it to. I attatched a trailer hitch and can tow stuff, I have a roof rack and can carry stuff. I camp, sleep, and spend so much time in this car i could never sell it even if I wanted to. seriously a great car and will last forever. although im embarrassed to admit it, I have needed anti-skid service since last winter and its ran perfectly despite that the whole time. It even has parking assist!!! I live in new england and it is perfect for winter and camping and outdoors and all the things you could possibly want. totally comfortable for long drives out of state and all around. Ive slept in it under multiple circumstances and it is always comfortable to recline the seat and lay there, or if you need more room put the back seats down and chill out in the back, you could even fit an air mattress if you really wanted to. amazing car. VOLVO XC70 <333333333333"

Great car...purchased new in 04 & not selling it

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Winter driving and hauling"

Cons: "Ugly soccer moms check you out"

"I use this wagon like most people use trucks. I am a single guy with no kids and love my wagon. I have over 135 000 miles on it and have put next to nothing into it. I have hauled two large dog into Canada numerous times, transported a dingy from one end of the Chesapeake to the other, dock boxes 1000 lbs of sails and equipment from Daytona to Baltimore all without a problem and she still drives like the day I drove it off the lot. And she will smoke most other cars off the line and when most people are unable to get through 1 to 2 feet of snow I can still make the seed limit"

A fine, solid, well-made vehicle.

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "Sturdy, attractive, reliable, great winter car."

Cons: "Parts can be pricey."

"This car has been reliable, comfortable and has kept my family safe for the past few years. I recommend it."

love my volvo ,

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Great cars, safe and comfortable"

Cons: "Pricey to repair"

"I love my volvos, they are expensive but well worth the $."

This has been a great car for us!

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "Drives great in all conditions, safe and solid!"

Cons: "Expensive for replacement parts, road noise"

"This car has been very reliable for us. Very little maintenance, only the recommened services. I do hear that the year of the Volvo makes a lot of difference in the amount of reliabilty you get from your Volvo. Well, 2004 was a great year! I do have a couple of small problems with Volvo though. We bought it used from someone we new who had unfortunatly cut out the third row seatbelts that we replaced - that was expensive! That is one of my two gripes with Volvo, Expensive to replace parts (I lost a very expensive remote key - ugh) Finding the right shop is important. The Spokane area Volvo dealer is tops - had to run in there once on a long road trip (my local dealers short sightedness - Spokane dealer rocks!) My second gripe with this Volvo is road noise! It has a lot. However, I have been told it would make a substantial difference if I would take the all season tires off and put different ones on. But hey, its a cross country, shouldn't it be able to have a heavier tire?"

Sturdy, comfortable, reliable vehicle

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, safe, and solid, luxury feel"

Cons: "A little expensive"

"This Volvo was extremely comfortable and easy to drive for someone who never felt at ease driving a larger car. The feel of the interior is very luxurious, and it is an excellent car in every way. Most importantly, I recently lost my Volvo after we were hit by a driver going at least 80 miles an hour, but everyone in our car walked away unharmed. The area that was hit was completely destroyed, but the side airbag and the solidity of the car probably saved our lives. It was definitely the best car I've owned, and I will be looking for another just like it!"

Not that reliable

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "Style and safety"

Cons: "Relibility and MPG"

"We owned a 2007 XC 70, which got hit on the back at 50 mph and car was totaled. A very safe car, my wife juts walked away from the accident unhurmend. Unfurtuanaly for volvo that is all is got going for it, SAFETY, otherwise this was a very bad car for us. Battery went bad after 30 months, radiator replaced at 40,000 miles , front anxle and control arms replaced at 45,000 miles at a cost of $3,000.00 ,but under warenty and hedious gas milage we averaged 15 mpg for the 6.25 years we owned it."

All around awesome all road vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

"I have owned Volvo's for 40+ years, and the XC 70 is the best of the bunch! Wonderful roadability, exceptional dependability,easy to maintain, and quality throughout. Still going strong at 200k miles (she's just getting her second wind)!"

Value for the Money

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Cons: "Driver seat split but Colorado sun is hard"

"I just love my Volvo and will never own any thing else for a passenger car. I have owned 20+ cars in my lifetime...everything from a huge HD pickup, sports cars, cheap cars, mid size passenger vehicles, domestic and foreign, you name it. BUT this is the longest I've owned a vehicle and its not due to the economy. Fantastic engine - pickup to pass when you need it on two lane winding mountain roads, security - you and your family are safe in this heavy safety cage vehicle, comfortable - short trip or cross country I never have any comfort issues, good on gas. Excellent cup holders. Repairs are pricey at Volvo dealers but you can find other repair shops but watch what the products they install..especially brakes...you want to keep your good quality parts...I've replaced both brakes, radiator, spark plugs, flushed radiator, etc. but at 110K miles in hard conditions of the Rockies, what car would not need these repairs? I highly recommend my XC70 basic model...I did not pay the the high end package."

reliable luxury great for distance

By on Friday, November 09, 2012

Pros: "reliability, longevity, value"

Cons: "price"

"this is the second xc70 that ive bought the 1st was a 99 xc70 awd base, i put 550,000 on that car and it still ran great when i traded it in for a newer one. this one drives like a cloud on air and is as safe as a leopard tank, the interior design is great especially in the drivers area."