2004 Volvo XC70

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Love this car!

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"I swore I would NEVER own a station wagon - this one changed my mind. Our first experience was with a rental in Germany and I got in this car and everything just felt like it was in the right place. When it came time to buy this was what we decided on - both of us have owned many cars and worked on them ourselves. It drives so smooth - in Germany I got up to about 150 mph without even realizing it and it still felt safe. It has taken us all over Europe - to the Alps, up a volcano - and never a worry. And the looks - from the front these cars look great - stylish, aggressive and not trimmed in too much garish plastic. We already owned two Jeeps - a Cherokee and an old CJ - we always thought our move up to a "nicer" car would be a Grand Cherokee - but not anymore. This is the one! The only thing close to a complaint - if Volvo could improve the gas mileage just a bit - it's not bad, but more would be better."

Bought Before 08 Change

By on Sunday, December 02, 2007

"Saw previews of 08 and just had to buy the last of the 07. XC70 for 08 is "pansy girly-car" while the 07 still retains its' "hostile and aggressive ... get out of my way car" attitude. Besides, end-of-model dealer rebate lowered the price to where I could not resist. This is my 11th Volvo in 30 years. Kids still have 3 of my older models, each w/over 100K [245 has 200K + and still w/o any major work]. Other 2 still running w/o any major work. Gotta say Volvo did make good cars ... too bad FORD got their hands into the mix! My next new car will probably NOT be a Volvo due to Ford's gimmericky!"

Wonderful family car

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

"We have loved this car. We bought it as our first family vehicle and have thoroughly enjoyed it. It was super for putting in a car seat for our child. We will miss it very much when we replace it."

I love this car.

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "great car, fun to drive, very good mileage"

Cons: "small amount of backseat legroom"

"I am very happy with this car. Best features: great looks, acceleration, interior trim and finish, comfortable seats. Handles tremendously in the snow. Least favorite features: small amount of legroom in the backseat, no MP3 capability."

Great, reliable, safe, fun vehicle

By on Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pros: "Full of safety features and a comfort to drive"

Cons: "Routine maintenance costs higher than other brands"

"I've driven this very car in Sweden, Norway, Germany, Belgium, France, Austria, Netherlands, Illinois, Wisconsin, South Dakota, Montana, Idaho and Washington. It does great in winter, fits my family of six (fold-down rear-facing, rear seat option)--has grown with us from having one infant to toting that 8 year old to soccer with all the siblings. Only negative, if I have to name one, it the expense of dealer repairs when needed. To that I say its a quality vehicle, kept up to standard. It hasn't needed anything unusual and I'm confident I'll have it still to give over as that "infant's" first car."