2003 Volvo XC70

Based on 133 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"I bought my 2005 XC70 New and have loved it from the day I brought it home! It is AMAZING in the snow and will plow through just about anything. The seats are comfortable, it gets good gas mileage for an AWD wagon, and there is enough space for my family of four. For a wagon, it has a sleek and sexy look to it. We had all of the windows tinted on ours, which helps. Doesn't look like the rest of suburbia."

Love this Car!

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"We bought our 04 model when we moved to Germany. We have owned it almost 5 years and I still am in love with it. It handles great in the snow and is still smooth on the autobahn. My husband even looks good driving it. The XC70 has a classic rugged look, not cheap and plasticy like so many cars today. On top of that it is an inviting ride on the inside. We can fit our dogs or bikes and go anywhere in comfort. Wow, it is expensive to maintain but if it lasts me ten or more years it will be worth it!"

I've owned four of these

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"2 white ones, 1 brown one, and currently own a maroon one. This vehicle takes the C out of compromise. I've had back problems for years and this vehicle is the only one I can drive for thousands of miles and not get out sore. Yet, I never get stuck in the snow, and I ski a lot and am in snowy conditions all the time. The ground clearance is substancial and gives me the confidance to go on dirt, rough roads, or just pull up to the curb without scraping anything. This car just works, I put in the key, turn, and I'm off. Be aware however that taking this vehicle into the dealer for routine maintiance is expensive. Try and find a local independent shop and you'll save. This car is not for driving-entheusasts, actually it's boring. But, if your purpose is utility, confort, safety, and reliability then buy one. :)"

Best Car I've Ever Owned

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "Goes anywhere, hauls anything, comfy, power"

Cons: "Mileage"

"I've owned 11 cars, and this has by far been the best."

Best car that I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, June 21, 2015

Pros: "Style, handling and price to value"

Cons: "Back seat leg room"

"Bought this demo from a dealer with 4300 miles. Car is now 9 years old. Absolutely the best road car for the money. 20 MPG in town and 28 MPG w/steady highway use. Key is to faithfully maintain oil changes and other maintenance. Minor negative is back seat leg room. Near the point of needing major maintenance including timing belt but well worth the investment."