2014 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $31,763 - $32,962.

10/7.0

8.3

Based on 63 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

I love this car. It practically drives itself.

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "Great pick up, smooth driving"

Cons: "The doorway is low, I have to duck when I get in"

"This car is fun to drive."

Drives like a race car!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Zippy and super comfortable"

Cons: "Too expensive for this type of vehicle"

"Great car. Super fun to drive. Gas mileage not wonderful, I average 20 around town and tank is small so I fill up often. The most comfortable seats ever, better then my hubby's BMW."

Great SUV with Style

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Nice look and great safety features"

"I bought this car and have enjoyed it ever since. The outside styling is great, but the interior styling is well designed and thought out. Seating is comfortable and the back seat has more leg room then the Audi Q5. The electronic dash is easy to use and very functionable. Volvo has come a long way and this new style is going to bring folks back into their showroom."

One of the best cars I have ever owned

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Great value for the money"

Cons: "fuel mileage"

"Great car for traveling long distance, extremely comfortable. Handles well in all weather conditions. Would have liked to see better gas mileage. Would buy this car again."

This has been a great and dependable car.

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Nice car to drive."

Cons: "Not the most fuel efficient."

"I have enjoyed owning this car and it is a pleasure to drive."

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned!!!!!!

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Excellent handling, very stylish,"

Cons: "None!"

"I've owned Ford SUV's, I've sold Toyotas, I've owned Lincoln's, Chrysler's and many other top domestic and imported luxury vehicles. I rented a BMW to compare the ride and performance; will never do that again.... BMW feels like a tin can compared to the Volvo! Hands down the XC60 is worth every penny! Performance and handling are second to none! It looks and drives the same as the first day I drove it off the lot. The sleek styling of the XC60 continues to give me compliments. I am now a very loyal Volvo customer!"

LOVE my XC60!

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Pretty, perfect size, durable, reliable"

Cons: "Expensive"

"This car has been all I expected. The only thing I would change if I were to purchase again is to upgrade to AWD and/or turbo, as the 3.2 lacks the initial punch when you accelerate. Service has been easy and convenient. I have only had 1 issue and that was with a battery, not the car. Volvo covered the tow and repair without hassle and no charge to me. Still under warranty, so we shall see what the older years bring, but I plan to drive this car for its life."

May be safe but not reliable and bad gas mileage

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Reason: Not reliable,

Pros: "Unreliable, bad on gas, service terrible"

Cons: "No storage, hard ride"

"With less than 2,000 miles it had left me stranded in traffic and had to be towed to dealer. Dealer could not give me a loaner because I didn't buy it from them. At 4,300 miles I was on a tow truck on my way to the dealer again. The following week I sold it. Very un reliable and the service in the Miami area is terrible. Big mistake that won't happen again."

I really love this vehicle

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "power, handling, comfort, and fuel economy"

Cons: "expensive brand new"

"The mix of power, handling, comfort, and fuel economy are unparalled! It is extremely comfortable, and the AWD system affords you outstanding confidence, no matter the weather! The 300hp from the turbochard straight 6 provides comparable power to some V8s. And the space; a family of five, we went all over Europe in this vehicle, and always had space for ourselves and our luggage. I think this is a sporty Urban Utility Vehicle with the soul of a sport car. Definitely would recommend, though it is pricey brand new; so if you can get a used one, go for it!"

Everything I Expected

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Excellent controls, comfortable seats, reliability"

Cons: "No heated steering wheel available in 2012"

"Although I have owned many Volvos in the past I did not just go to a Volvo dealer without trying the competition. While the Lexus RX, Infiniti models, and Acura just didn't appeal to me on a gut level [purely subjective] I did look at the Audi Q5, BMW X3, and Mercedes GLK. I did not ttest drive the Q5 because I found the room behind the back seat lacking. I test drove the X3 and GLK but found the XC60 most to my liking. The GLK was definitely less roomy. While the X3 had excellent driving dynamics I found the style and comfort superior in the Volvo. I ended up with the T6 Premier plus and have not been disappointed. The power and smoothness are fabulous. While the fuel consumption has been commented on, at least it takes regular gas. Compared to the BMW X3 I found trip cost estimates using GasBuddy to be comparable even though the X3 has better fuel economy figures. I ended up installing the Nav system which is pricey but very good. Reliability has been excellent with just a couple of minor issues in almost two years. The performance in the winter is excellent. My only complaints are that a heated steering wheel was not available [one is for 2014] and that a backup camera is only available in the Platinum trim level."

Too many problems

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

"Three years, three batteries....three flat bed tows. Something is obviously draining the battery and I was told they thought it might be the Serius radio that I don't subscribe to but they said that because it's available they think it's still "on"??? Sun Roof leaked requiring 3 separate trips to finally repair, car spent about 2-1/2 wks in the service dept. drying out. Three more flat bed tows when I couldn't shift out of park before they diagnosed a solenoid malfunction. Hope that's it and the kinks are worked out otherwise I'll drive this until the warranty is up. It's too bad because if not for these issues I love this car!"

The XC60 is overall an excellent SUV.

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "Price, comfort, ride, safety, and features."

Cons: "Not the best mileage but it's an SUV."

"Aesthetics aside, sitting and driving in this car has been an absolute pleasure. The ride is comfortable for an SUV. Noise level is very good only noticeable above 80mph. Steering has very good feel and excellent response.The seats are fabulous, comfortable for short or long runs. Volvo designs in the little things that make driving enjoyable. Touches like a versatile audio system, bluetooth, power tailgate, panoramic moonroof, quality craftsmanship, and many many more niceties. But the primary reason I chose the XC60 were all the safety features, I feel safer driving this car than the others I've had.Another plus is the value you get when compared to other SUVs like the X3, RDX, Q5, etc. The other SUV I like is the X5 but it approached 56k when customized. I purchased the XC60 T6 Platinum with tech, climate, and blis for much less. It was also much more pleasant working with my Volvo sales person than the BMW one I leased my 328 three years ago. I love this car and would recommend it without hesitation."

I wanted so much to love this car!

By on Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Pros: "Safety features"

Cons: "everything else"

"But I don't. Bought it pre-owned with 39K miles on it, which is probably the source of my frustration and angst. It's at the dealership every few months for something. The check engine light came on twice in the first week, dealer blamed it on low amount of gas in the tank while it was sitting around the parking lot waiting to be sold. The latest issue was the low oil warning light. How could the car practically be out of oil with only 1000 miles over the next oil change? I love the car's safety features and have felt safe in the car since day 1. I just can't keep taking days off from work to have it looked at. Sorry to say, I can't wait to get rid of it."

Safe car with exceptional handling

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "Good value, exceptional handling"

Cons: "Nothing major"

"We bought the XC60 3.2 (no turbo, 2WD) as a commuter car for my wife's 50+ mile commute. Main reason was safety. Volvo's always had the reputation for being safe and looking bad - this one actually looks good too. We got a 60.000 mls free maintenance and repairs and that means we don't pay anything - even wiper blades are free. There are two issues with the car: the software has a few glitches and it took the dealer a few visits to finally make it work properly. All the glitches were minor, i.e. it wouldn't beep when locking. The second issue is really bad design on the seatbelts in the front. The angle of the slot where the seatbelt goes in is off, thus kinking the belt and sometimes not really rolling it up properly. Also minor, but it's odd to see such a flaw on an otherwise well designed car. That all said, if you want a vehicle you can pull off the road onto a soft gravel shoulder at 70 mph and have no problem controlling the car, the XC60 is the car to go. I had to do that on I5 when someone pushed me off the road and I would be in the hospital if not dead had I driven our second car (ford escape). The chassis is incredibly stiff for an SUV - it's more like a porsche or other high end sportscar. So don't wonder when your inner rear wheel lifts off when you pull into an elevated driveway. The stiff chassis gives you exceptional handling in corners and emergencies. The mileage is pretty good for a car that weight. We average close to 26 mpg with around 80/20 highway to city. It's a safe fun car to drive and for the price it outperforms pretty much all of it's more expensive competitors."

Transmossion problems

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Reason: Transmission problems

Pros: "It's a beautiful car very luxurious."

Cons: "Transmission problems, terrible GPS"

"After a week of driving the XC60, I noticed a problem with the transmission, a hesitation when accelerating from a complete stop/speeding up to pass etc. Like driving manual transmission in the wrong gear. Took it for service repetedly. Volvo wouldn't admit a problem and told me to use premium fuel. One mechanic said it's a 5000lb car you have to gun it (!!). Finally they said they knew what was wrong and to wait for a software update, that took 6 months. It helped but the problem was still there. Volvo went back to saying there was nothing wrong with the car. After a year, I had had it and asked how much they would give me for the car to end this, Carmax gave me more. The GPS stinks too. I didn't have the time or energy to persue the lemon law."

Nice cross over!

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "Power is nice with the T6"

Cons: "Never use the tiptronic transmission or CD, waste"

"I got 50K on this with no problems. The T6 is the way to go..nice! The CD payer is a waist. Who uses CD's? The tiptronic transmission is not needed. Just push on the peddle that’s on the right (its fast), no need to change gears or try to make it into stick shift, just going to mess up the trans. Arm rest in the door is small and not in the correct location and I could really use a remote starter (Buffalo NY). I had no other problems! Picked up snow tires and it holds the road, summer tires do not do it for the winter. Safty Safty is the key feature. Third Volvo for me. Good size with power and speed!"

A Luxury drive in the lap of safety

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

"This car is an exhibit in practicality, safety, luxury and speed! Gorgeous interior, sound system amazing. Honestly, I realized the true value of this car when a few days after my purchase, I drove about 750 miles in horrific storms. It was raining sideways, visibility was very low and there was flooding on I-95. This car handled the road so securely as cars slid off to the side in droves. While it is beautiful, nothing compares to the feeling of confidence developed when a vehicle is truly tested in dangerous conditions and performs well beyond expectations. Don't think twice, by the way, insurance companies LOVE this car and you see it in your rates."

I love this car

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

"Practical car with great get up and go!!"

Best car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Great value for the money."

Cons: "Wish it was about 4 inches higher."

"I have owned quite a few cars in my lifetime, "60 plus years of driving," including 7 different Jaguars. This Volvo is really the best car I have ever owned. Picked it up at the factory last year and drove around Europe for month. Car handles well, rides great, visibility is good. Found out the wipers worked well the first few days. Averaged 26.6 MPG for the 3500 miles I put on in Europe. I really can't find fault with anything about the car. By the way, this is my first Volvo. Drove Jeep Grand Cherokees before buying this Volvo. Was looking to duplicate as close to the overall size that I found I really liked in the 1998 to 2004 Grand cherokees. Didn't like the newer Jeeps, they just looked fat."

My first Volvo

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, feels solid and safe."

Cons: "Center (wave) open console annoys me."

"After having gotten into a potentially life-threatening accident in my boyfriend's Volvo, I realized how safe they were-we all came out without a scratch--even the 2 dogs! I've owned about 20 new cars in my life, the last three were a Honda Accord V-6 Ex-L, with navigation. I loved my last Honda and kept it the longest of any of my other cars, so it was difficult for me to change, but I'm glad I did. The Volvo XC-60 sits higher up, is more comfortable, and has the hands-free feature for my Blackberry phone. I am used to having more power, though. My commute is 40 minutes each way every day, so to save gas, I didn't get the Turbo version. I don't like the open area under the center console. The flip down back headrests are a nice feature for visibility and it is easy to put the seats down for loading large items. I feel safe in this car and as an older lady, who would heal a bit slower than younger people, I'm glad I made the change. I've owned the car about a month and put 1200 miles on it."

Glad I got this car

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Solid, safe vehicle; looks great; perfect size"

Cons: "Hard to use NAV system"

"I have had my Volvo XC60 for almost 2 years now and don't regret it a bit. It drives great, and looks great, too. I like the fact that there are not a lot of them on the road. There have been a few unexplained electrical issues (Nav was acting up; battery had to be replaced), but the car has a great warranty, so I don't have to spend any money at the dealership. Even oil changes are free."

XC60: The SUV that coddles you

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "Safest vehicle on the road"

"I purchased my XC60 T6 in May 2010 (new) and couldn't be happier with it to this day. On a snowy winter day, someone pulled out in front of me. Though I couldn't stop to avoid the vehicle due to road conditions, the Volvo performed exceedingly well with very minimal damage (unlike the Grand Prix that did not fare well); on top of this, the car put itself into safety mode automatically, which included turning the hazard lights on by itself and telling me that it was not safe to drive the vehicle (it even disabled most driving functions despite only minor vehicle damage). The seats are quite comfortable, even on long trips, and the cabin design overall is exceptional. My only complaint is the armrest positioning on the front doors are awkward; I am really stretching to find flaws with the design. The outside is quite the looker as well, especially the taillights. There are so many features I love, such as the City Safety, headlight washers, rain sensing wipers, messages that tell me which rear seats are buckled up, the integrated child booster seats (bye-bye hidious independent booster seat clutter), rear center seat fold-down stowage and cup holders, keyless entry and ignition, bluetooth and ipod integration, and the list goes on. I highly recommend the Volvo rubber floor mats and trunk liner. They are essential in weather conditions and with kids! This vehicle runs on regular unleaded fuel. The gas mileage is not exceptional, but not bad either (average 19 city, 23 highway). It's fun to drive, and you definitely need the cruise control as this car likes to zoom."

the best

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "comfort and safety"

Cons: "rear seat leg room just enough"

"love this baby"

Comfortable and Dependable

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable seating. Nice look."

Cons: "Slow pick up if it doesn't have turbo option."

"Great seats designed by chiropractor. Most comfortable car I have driven. I have herniated disks in my lower back and the seat supports my back beautifully. Love the long sunroof. Next time I would pick the turbo option because it is a little slow on pick ups."

Great Car! So happy I got it--worth every penny!

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Great options, Great Quality"

Cons: "Confusing Audio / Adding Oil B4 Scheduled Maint."

See! Kids love the XC 60

"Pros: City Safety: This vehicle, with the City Safety feature, has saved me from two fender benders at low mph. Let's say I was under 20 mph for each near miss. Automatic Seats: Seating is way comfortable with the lumbar adjustment in addition to the 8-way seat. The seats have incredible resilency after sitting in them for a long drive and will keep their mold vs. mold to you. BLIS: The blind spot avoidance system is a feel good feature because I depend on my mirrors and don't turn around to check when changing lanes. Parking Assist: The parking sensors let me know when someone is close to my car or when I'm close to an object in the garage, etc. I depend on this everyday, at least 5 times a day. Very useful! Head Rests: For extra rear view mirror coverage, the automatic head rest "drop" is handy. You'd never remember to drop the head rests after your co-workers ride to lunch with you. Trunk/Cargo Area: Not too small and really kind of roomy. This is a cross-over vehicle but I'd say is more of an SUV than most cross-overs. Upholstery/Leather: Have kids? Get leather. The fabric will stain from your milk, juice, etc. The leather is nice and easily cleaned with wipes. Very nice feel and doesn't get too hot during our 110 degree summers in the Mojave. The lighter upholstery tends to collect lint and to me that's annoying. Options: Options galore for how your vehicle will respond to you. These include: door locks, light timing, audio settings, navi settings, mirror settings, etc. Cons: After a year, the radio/audio system is still a little confusing. They tried to do more with less controls; as well as, some features are available in park and others (mostly all) are available when driving. It's knowing the difference that will save you time in learning your system. Manufacturer says it's within normal limits to add a quart of oil monthly to the vehicle. In my opinion and most others' opinions adding oil to any vehicle between scheduled maintenances flags a problem and frankly, is a hassle. I've done this twice in one year. I drive my vehicle hard and maybe that is why, but I cannot say for sure. Dealership performed a software update and changed out the dip stick (uses qtr measurement instead of thirds). Asked me to come back at 1,000 miles to measure the amount my vehicle ?consumed?. We'll see! In conclusion: Heavy Foot Drivers: Get the T6, it's drives just like my old BMW. If you like to go fast, but feel isn't your deal, 3.2 liter FWD is fine for you. Must Haves: Keyless Entry Remote--great for parents with kids Auto-Open Trunk Hatch--great for when you're in a hurry"

See! Kids love the XC 60