• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,346 - $31,825.

10/7.1

8.3

Based on 62 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

don't buy

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

"Towed into dealer for third time , once power steering broke, twice just dead, dealer replaced battery both times and refuses to admit it has an short in electrical system. Actually told my wife we should keep it hooked to a trickle charger. I hooked a volt meter up to it and voltage drops 1/10 volt every hour just sitting, so if you leave it in the garage for a week, guess what? Told dealer today he might want to look up Calif. lemon law."

Love it.

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Quality of materials."

Cons: "Could use more storage. MPG"

"2012 XC 60 R-Design This is the first Volvo I have owned and really love it. Love the styling, quality, power (325 HP) and it's fun to drive. I wish it had more storage compartments in the driver / passenger areas, but that's the only thing I would change. OK, I would also change the MPG, given the chance. The navigation is better than any other car I have owned."

Competitive in it's class!

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "Safety features, Nav/radio interface, acceleration"

Cons: "Center console armrest too low"

"Nice ride, cool technology, great bluetooth, active bending lights took some getting used to, but now they're great! Sexy styling; some hard plastics on the inside, but leather is nice. Center console armrest is too low to offer support. T6 with 300 HP has real pep, but gas mileage suffers. Kids love DVD screens in headrests, and fold down seats in back are versatile."

A GREAT PURCHASE

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Great Car - Technology Package is a must buy"

Cons: "No front fog lights"

"Just recently took deliver of XC60 with AWD, Climate Package, Premium Plus and Technology Package. So far the best car I ever purchased and I have purchased many. That might not be saying much because the 1st car I purchased was a 1971 Fiat 128, which came standard with rust. I think the Technology package is a must buy. It provides Adaptive Cruse Control which is fantastic. I don’t think I can ever purchase another vehicle with Adaptive Cruse Control. Driver Alert System (weaving in your lane of traffic) and Lane Departure Warning, (drifting into the next lane) work great. I didn’t realize how bad a driver I am. The Turning Radius is unbelievable. Three small complaints: Unless you purchase the Navigation system you do not have voice activated Bluetooth. (I did not know that). Make sure the car is equipped with Navigation Prep so you can add the Navigation system. (Good advise from my salesman) For some reason the Pre-Sets stations for the Sirius radio do not function off of the STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS, unless you block all of the other Sirius stations. No front fog lights"

Sleek, stylish and fast...

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "Faster than most would expect!"

Cons: "Rear leg room a little tight..."

THIS ME!

"Car is very fast with 325hp and 354 torque...A lot of people are surprised how fast you can get around/by another vehicle."

THIS ME!

Do not buy this car!

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "like the leather seats"

Cons: "it is not reliable and service in TERRIBLE"

"nothing to tell but I have had problems since the day I purchased it brand new! purchased in Oct of 2010 and have had in the shop 10 times and broke down three. service is terrible go to another car. I will never buy a Volvo again"

Very good all around vehicle

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "Safety"

Cons: "Mileage"

"Overall I like the car. Nice serene ride. Love the bluetooth and iPod interface. Feel comfortable in it. My only gripe is mileage. Averaging 16mpg city, 13 mpg in the winter. Would definitely recommend it. Safe and secure package is good, especially where it is for 5 years."

XC60-R Design Seats are very uncomfortable

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "looks, driving, turbo engine"

Cons: "uncomfortable seats, electronics not reliable"

"Car looks and drives great. A concrete bench seat would be more comfortable, seats make car miserable to drive on trips. Back up camera not reliable. Works when it wants to. Has been in shop five times - just gave up on it ever working like it was designed."

I really like this car

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "Great all around vehicle."

Cons: "After 5 months I can't think of any cons"

"This is my fourth new car and second new Volvo and this is the first car I have ever had that I can say I really like. Don't get me wrong I had a supra and a mustang mach1 which were fine cars but I did not absolutely love them (the supra was close). Even the s60 doesn't quite compare, this car is awesome!!!!"

awesome

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "smooth drive, luxury, lots of gadgets"

Cons: "not user friendly nav system"

"i love this car! the technology is great...one of the biggest reasons i leased the car. only thing i don't like is the nav system. i'm used to a Magellan with touch screen. wish this one had a touch screen."

AMAZED

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "SEATS,PERFORMANCE,LOOKS,FUN"

Cons: "N/A"

"I THINK THIS IS THE ONE OF THE BEST CARS I EVER OWNED. I HAVEN'T HAD A PROBLEM, THE DEALER IS THE BEST DEALER I HAVE EVER WORKED WITH. IT HANDLES GREAT, I TOW A BOAT WITH IT AND YOU WOULD NEVER EVEN KNOW IT WAS ON THE BACK OF IT. THE CAR IS EXCELLENT IN THE SNOW AND THAT IS COMPAIRING IT TO MANY SUVS WE HAVE OWNED. T6 IS SEAMLESS AND THE TRANSMISSION IS QUICK AND SMOOTH. WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY? JUST ONE THING....IF YOU BUY ONE MAKE SURE YOU OPT FOR THE T6. LOVE IT !!!!"

Just try it, You will want it. 2012 xc60 R design

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Ride, seats, quiet, speed!!!, features max'd out"

Cons: "Charger between the cup holders,, odd but it works"

"3000 miles on it"

Incredible Highway Driving!

By on Saturday, October 01, 2011

"This car is perfect. Size, manuevering, features. Drives like a dream on the highway. Simplicity and elegance inside. Love it."

Best volvo ever built

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

Pros: "You really feel protected and amused"

Cons: "Nothing at this point I can find"

"Hi everyone! Great car i every aspect. I am an owner of a D5 with Geartronic, premium sound and RTI. I love it, low fuel consumtion and good driving capabilities. Had a BMW X3 before and this beuty outperforms the predecessor in every aspect..."

nice

By on Sunday, July 24, 2011

"just trade my chevy avalanche for this xc60 r design..i own 3 volvo before..850r.s80t6,this is the most performant car i have...just wait for winter to test on pa..and no repair for 5 year..i love it.."

Enjoying this SUV

By on Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, quiet ride, safety features"

Cons: "Radio reception was disappointing, gas mileage is average"

"Got my XC60 in April 2011....never had an SUV and love sitting up higher, car feels solid, rides smooth and quiet, and can't beat the safety features. My only caution is to test out the satellite radio and regular radio. Sirius in the Charlotte NC area stinks and blips out constantly throughout various areas. Very annoying so I don't listen to satellite while driving in Charlotte. Dealer says its the reception and nothing with the car. Satellite worked fine when I travelled to OH a couple weeks ago. Several of the regular radio stations I used to listen to in Charlotte on my old V70, now on the XC60 have more static and blip out, which also gets annoying. But when the car has a good reception the radio sounds great. I'm averaging about 22-23 mpg with a mix of hwy and in-town driving...a little disappointing, dealer told me I should avg more closer to 28-30. Love the extra options I ordered."

Great looking and riding

By on Friday, May 20, 2011

"This car looks great and drives beautifully.The 3.0 T6 has excellent power going up mountain roads while handling well. The best vehicle I have driven for handling in snow. Perfect size for outdoor acticities."

Good Choice

By on Thursday, April 21, 2011

"I did lots of competeing dealer visits and research. Drove some ,more than once. Didn't bother driving others after a look. I'm very happy with the choice so far. A big issue for me was safety and this is top of the heap. Very solid feel and fun to drive with 300hp. I was worried about gas mileage, but I'm gettting 22-24 overall in mixed driving. I guess my biggest complaint would be a stiff busy ride, but it's far more responsive than the cometition that I drove."

By on Saturday, April 16, 2011

By on Sunday, April 10, 2011

My opinion

By on Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"From what i've read so far in most of the consumer reports, problems exist on this vehicle when it is fully loaded with tones of electronics. The solution for everyone who wants to purchase the xc60 is to avoid having all the electronics together such as the bluetooth phone and sat nav and rear camera and front and back sensors and BLIS and DAC and... When you want to combine all your house & office furniture and electrical equipment in a vehicle then problems occur. I have an XC60 for 1 year and does everything as it is supposed to. By far the most reasonably priced luxurious and comfort solution for family work."

Great vehicle

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

"Bought this vehicle in June of 2010 and loved it from the minute I drove it from the lot. I'm over 6 feet and have plenty of legroom and find it very comfortable. Have taken it on trips of 4+ hours on several occasions and have found this to be the most comfortable vehicle I have driven. Performance wise I average about 23 mpg on a highway trip and on about 18 on combined city/highway. Unfortunately this is the wife's car and I only get to drive it when it needs gas or when on long trips. I would probably get in trouble with the traffic cops if I did drive it on a daily basis due to the performance and handling. Drives like a sports car and at 75 mph it just wants to go faster. Have to use the cruise control to keep my speeds down to an acceptable limit. Overall I am extremely satisfied with all aspects of this car and would recommend it to everyone I know."

Worst purchase I've ever made

By on Wednesday, January 05, 2011

"We purchased our xc60 in August and it has spent an entire month in the garage. It has major electrical issues. For spending 42,000 on a brand new car we are extremely unhappy. I will never purchase another volvo again. We are currently trying to get rid of it but we are having huge issues with our dealer. Bottom line never purchase a Volvo and never purchase anything from Stadel Volvo in Lancaster PA. They do not know the definition of customer service."

Best Car EVER

By on Thursday, November 04, 2010

"My husband and I purchased our XC60 while stationed in Germany. We bought it over a year ago when it was released for American spec purchase. I test drove it twice and knew I wanted to purchase it the minute I sat in the luxurious seats. My car has been driven to Normandy, Holland, and northern Germany. Now that we are back in the States it has been driven from Colorado to the south where we are currently living. I have read other peoples complaints about their XC 60 and it shocks me that engine lights are coming on and I question the type of gas you are putting into your car. We were told premium gas which yes is more expensive but with the high performance engine in a Volvo you need the extra octane. If your mechanic says that isn't the issue I would like to comment that each time you take your car into the mechanic he or she is getting paid... I am sure there are problems with some of these cars they are all electrical and anything can happen if things are not set up correctly. My car currently has 15000 miles on it and my only concern is getting a door ding or a scratch. She's kept in pristine condition and because of this my husband drives her more because he has better parking at work. I love my XC60 and would recommend them to anyone."

Best Volvo Ever

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

"This vehicle handles like a dream, and is fast. It is also a head turner in Terra Bronze with the exterior accents. Love it!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25