2012 Volvo XC60

Based on 82 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Love it.

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Quality of materials."

Cons: "Could use more storage. MPG"

"2012 XC 60 R-Design This is the first Volvo I have owned and really love it. Love the styling, quality, power (325 HP) and it's fun to drive. I wish it had more storage compartments in the driver / passenger areas, but that's the only thing I would change. OK, I would also change the MPG, given the chance. The navigation is better than any other car I have owned."

Great Car! So happy I got it--worth every penny!

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Great options, Great Quality"

Cons: "Confusing Audio / Adding Oil B4 Scheduled Maint."

See! Kids love the XC 60

"Pros: City Safety: This vehicle, with the City Safety feature, has saved me from two fender benders at low mph. Let's say I was under 20 mph for each near miss. Automatic Seats: Seating is way comfortable with the lumbar adjustment in addition to the 8-way seat. The seats have incredible resilency after sitting in them for a long drive and will keep their mold vs. mold to you. BLIS: The blind spot avoidance system is a feel good feature because I depend on my mirrors and don't turn around to check when changing lanes. Parking Assist: The parking sensors let me know when someone is close to my car or when I'm close to an object in the garage, etc. I depend on this everyday, at least 5 times a day. Very useful! Head Rests: For extra rear view mirror coverage, the automatic head rest "drop" is handy. You'd never remember to drop the head rests after your co-workers ride to lunch with you. Trunk/Cargo Area: Not too small and really kind of roomy. This is a cross-over vehicle but I'd say is more of an SUV than most cross-overs. Upholstery/Leather: Have kids? Get leather. The fabric will stain from your milk, juice, etc. The leather is nice and easily cleaned with wipes. Very nice feel and doesn't get too hot during our 110 degree summers in the Mojave. The lighter upholstery tends to collect lint and to me that's annoying. Options: Options galore for how your vehicle will respond to you. These include: door locks, light timing, audio settings, navi settings, mirror settings, etc. Cons: After a year, the radio/audio system is still a little confusing. They tried to do more with less controls; as well as, some features are available in park and others (mostly all) are available when driving. It's knowing the difference that will save you time in learning your system. Manufacturer says it's within normal limits to add a quart of oil monthly to the vehicle. In my opinion and most others' opinions adding oil to any vehicle between scheduled maintenances flags a problem and frankly, is a hassle. I've done this twice in one year. I drive my vehicle hard and maybe that is why, but I cannot say for sure. Dealership performed a software update and changed out the dip stick (uses qtr measurement instead of thirds). Asked me to come back at 1,000 miles to measure the amount my vehicle ?consumed?. We'll see! In conclusion: Heavy Foot Drivers: Get the T6, it's drives just like my old BMW. If you like to go fast, but feel isn't your deal, 3.2 liter FWD is fine for you. Must Haves: Keyless Entry Remote--great for parents with kids Auto-Open Trunk Hatch--great for when you're in a hurry"

See! Kids love the XC 60

I really love this vehicle

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "power, handling, comfort, and fuel economy"

Cons: "expensive brand new"

"The mix of power, handling, comfort, and fuel economy are unparalled! It is extremely comfortable, and the AWD system affords you outstanding confidence, no matter the weather! The 300hp from the turbochard straight 6 provides comparable power to some V8s. And the space; a family of five, we went all over Europe in this vehicle, and always had space for ourselves and our luggage. I think this is a sporty Urban Utility Vehicle with the soul of a sport car. Definitely would recommend, though it is pricey brand new; so if you can get a used one, go for it!"

XC60: The SUV that coddles you

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "Safest vehicle on the road"

"I purchased my XC60 T6 in May 2010 (new) and couldn't be happier with it to this day. On a snowy winter day, someone pulled out in front of me. Though I couldn't stop to avoid the vehicle due to road conditions, the Volvo performed exceedingly well with very minimal damage (unlike the Grand Prix that did not fare well); on top of this, the car put itself into safety mode automatically, which included turning the hazard lights on by itself and telling me that it was not safe to drive the vehicle (it even disabled most driving functions despite only minor vehicle damage). The seats are quite comfortable, even on long trips, and the cabin design overall is exceptional. My only complaint is the armrest positioning on the front doors are awkward; I am really stretching to find flaws with the design. The outside is quite the looker as well, especially the taillights. There are so many features I love, such as the City Safety, headlight washers, rain sensing wipers, messages that tell me which rear seats are buckled up, the integrated child booster seats (bye-bye hidious independent booster seat clutter), rear center seat fold-down stowage and cup holders, keyless entry and ignition, bluetooth and ipod integration, and the list goes on. I highly recommend the Volvo rubber floor mats and trunk liner. They are essential in weather conditions and with kids! This vehicle runs on regular unleaded fuel. The gas mileage is not exceptional, but not bad either (average 19 city, 23 highway). It's fun to drive, and you definitely need the cruise control as this car likes to zoom."

One of the best cars I have ever owned

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Great value for the money"

Cons: "fuel mileage"

"Great car for traveling long distance, extremely comfortable. Handles well in all weather conditions. Would have liked to see better gas mileage. Would buy this car again."

Awesome Crossover!!!

By on Monday, May 17, 2010

"I just bought this XC60 R-Design T6 AWD for my wife and we love it! We test drove Audi Q5, BMW X5, Infiniti FX & EX35 and all the domestics crossovers and all paled in comparison to the overall design, form and function of the XC60. I know it's too early to tell the whole story but for now I'll just say, take a drive in one and you'll fall in love with it. Gas mileage could be better but the turbo feels so good i'll just have to deal with the gas bills. Lots of space and the seats are so comfortable. Can't wait for the long road trip! I love the BLIS, City Safe, and the Dynaudio. Go get one!"

Enjoying this SUV

By on Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, quiet ride, safety features"

Cons: "Radio reception was disappointing, gas mileage is average"

"Got my XC60 in April 2011....never had an SUV and love sitting up higher, car feels solid, rides smooth and quiet, and can't beat the safety features. My only caution is to test out the satellite radio and regular radio. Sirius in the Charlotte NC area stinks and blips out constantly throughout various areas. Very annoying so I don't listen to satellite while driving in Charlotte. Dealer says its the reception and nothing with the car. Satellite worked fine when I travelled to OH a couple weeks ago. Several of the regular radio stations I used to listen to in Charlotte on my old V70, now on the XC60 have more static and blip out, which also gets annoying. But when the car has a good reception the radio sounds great. I'm averaging about 22-23 mpg with a mix of hwy and in-town driving...a little disappointing, dealer told me I should avg more closer to 28-30. Love the extra options I ordered."

Glad I got this car

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Solid, safe vehicle; looks great; perfect size"

Cons: "Hard to use NAV system"

"I have had my Volvo XC60 for almost 2 years now and don't regret it a bit. It drives great, and looks great, too. I like the fact that there are not a lot of them on the road. There have been a few unexplained electrical issues (Nav was acting up; battery had to be replaced), but the car has a great warranty, so I don't have to spend any money at the dealership. Even oil changes are free."

Nice cross over!

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "Power is nice with the T6"

Cons: "Never use the tiptronic transmission or CD, waste"

"I got 50K on this with no problems. The T6 is the way to go..nice! The CD payer is a waist. Who uses CD's? The tiptronic transmission is not needed. Just push on the peddle that’s on the right (its fast), no need to change gears or try to make it into stick shift, just going to mess up the trans. Arm rest in the door is small and not in the correct location and I could really use a remote starter (Buffalo NY). I had no other problems! Picked up snow tires and it holds the road, summer tires do not do it for the winter. Safty Safty is the key feature. Third Volvo for me. Good size with power and speed!"

Sleek, stylish and fast...

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "Faster than most would expect!"

Cons: "Rear leg room a little tight..."

THIS ME!

"Car is very fast with 325hp and 354 torque...A lot of people are surprised how fast you can get around/by another vehicle."

THIS ME!

awesome

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "smooth drive, luxury, lots of gadgets"

Cons: "not user friendly nav system"

"i love this car! the technology is great...one of the biggest reasons i leased the car. only thing i don't like is the nav system. i'm used to a Magellan with touch screen. wish this one had a touch screen."

Great looking and riding

By on Friday, May 20, 2011

"This car looks great and drives beautifully.The 3.0 T6 has excellent power going up mountain roads while handling well. The best vehicle I have driven for handling in snow. Perfect size for outdoor acticities."

disappointed

By on Thursday, April 08, 2010

"CHECK ENGINE!!! That is what my new car says, almost everytime I drive it! First at 1600 miles...check engine, 1800 miles, check engine....thought it was fixed, but at 2100 miles check engine again!!!!This is my third visit to the service department in 2100 miles!!! I would never buy another Volvo."

Transmossion problems

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Reason: Transmission problems

Pros: "It's a beautiful car very luxurious."

Cons: "Transmission problems, terrible GPS"

"After a week of driving the XC60, I noticed a problem with the transmission, a hesitation when accelerating from a complete stop/speeding up to pass etc. Like driving manual transmission in the wrong gear. Took it for service repetedly. Volvo wouldn't admit a problem and told me to use premium fuel. One mechanic said it's a 5000lb car you have to gun it (!!). Finally they said they knew what was wrong and to wait for a software update, that took 6 months. It helped but the problem was still there. Volvo went back to saying there was nothing wrong with the car. After a year, I had had it and asked how much they would give me for the car to end this, Carmax gave me more. The GPS stinks too. I didn't have the time or energy to persue the lemon law."

I wanted so much to love this car!

By on Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Pros: "Safety features"

Cons: "everything else"

"But I don't. Bought it pre-owned with 39K miles on it, which is probably the source of my frustration and angst. It's at the dealership every few months for something. The check engine light came on twice in the first week, dealer blamed it on low amount of gas in the tank while it was sitting around the parking lot waiting to be sold. The latest issue was the low oil warning light. How could the car practically be out of oil with only 1000 miles over the next oil change? I love the car's safety features and have felt safe in the car since day 1. I just can't keep taking days off from work to have it looked at. Sorry to say, I can't wait to get rid of it."

Great SUV with Style

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Nice look and great safety features"

"I bought this car and have enjoyed it ever since. The outside styling is great, but the interior styling is well designed and thought out. Seating is comfortable and the back seat has more leg room then the Audi Q5. The electronic dash is easy to use and very functionable. Volvo has come a long way and this new style is going to bring folks back into their showroom."

Comfortable and Dependable

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable seating. Nice look."

Cons: "Slow pick up if it doesn't have turbo option."

"Great seats designed by chiropractor. Most comfortable car I have driven. I have herniated disks in my lower back and the seat supports my back beautifully. Love the long sunroof. Next time I would pick the turbo option because it is a little slow on pick ups."

Competitive in it's class!

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "Safety features, Nav/radio interface, acceleration"

Cons: "Center console armrest too low"

"Nice ride, cool technology, great bluetooth, active bending lights took some getting used to, but now they're great! Sexy styling; some hard plastics on the inside, but leather is nice. Center console armrest is too low to offer support. T6 with 300 HP has real pep, but gas mileage suffers. Kids love DVD screens in headrests, and fold down seats in back are versatile."

Very good all around vehicle

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "Safety"

Cons: "Mileage"

"Overall I like the car. Nice serene ride. Love the bluetooth and iPod interface. Feel comfortable in it. My only gripe is mileage. Averaging 16mpg city, 13 mpg in the winter. Would definitely recommend it. Safe and secure package is good, especially where it is for 5 years."

Just try it, You will want it. 2012 xc60 R design

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Ride, seats, quiet, speed!!!, features max'd out"

Cons: "Charger between the cup holders,, odd but it works"

"3000 miles on it"

Good Choice

By on Thursday, April 21, 2011

"I did lots of competeing dealer visits and research. Drove some ,more than once. Didn't bother driving others after a look. I'm very happy with the choice so far. A big issue for me was safety and this is top of the heap. Very solid feel and fun to drive with 300hp. I was worried about gas mileage, but I'm gettting 22-24 overall in mixed driving. I guess my biggest complaint would be a stiff busy ride, but it's far more responsive than the cometition that I drove."

By on Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fantastic Car

By on Thursday, November 26, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, confident in the snow, great seats"

Cons: "Takes a while to learn the Navigation System well"

"Bought a 2015.5 T5 (5cyl) Platinum AWD XC60 in Oct of 2014. It has CTC, Volvo's torque vectoring system, and 20 in Pirellis, and it will flat go around a corner. Fantastic driving dynamics. But still very confident in the snow despite having performance tires -- and I've driven it in some very slippery wet snow in the Colorado foothills. The car's been nothing but a joy, no problems. Incredibly comfortable seats and great storage in the back."

My name says it all

By on Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Blind spots when backing up. However, the back up"

"This is the best Volvo I have owned! So easy to drive and more comfortable than our 2013 Lincoln MKS,"

Worst purchase I've ever made

By on Wednesday, January 05, 2011

"We purchased our xc60 in August and it has spent an entire month in the garage. It has major electrical issues. For spending 42,000 on a brand new car we are extremely unhappy. I will never purchase another volvo again. We are currently trying to get rid of it but we are having huge issues with our dealer. Bottom line never purchase a Volvo and never purchase anything from Stadel Volvo in Lancaster PA. They do not know the definition of customer service."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo XC60 near Honolulu. See local deals