2012 Volvo XC60

Based on 86 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Everything I Expected

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Excellent controls, comfortable seats, reliability"

Cons: "No heated steering wheel available in 2012"

"Although I have owned many Volvos in the past I did not just go to a Volvo dealer without trying the competition. While the Lexus RX, Infiniti models, and Acura just didn't appeal to me on a gut level [purely subjective] I did look at the Audi Q5, BMW X3, and Mercedes GLK. I did not ttest drive the Q5 because I found the room behind the back seat lacking. I test drove the X3 and GLK but found the XC60 most to my liking. The GLK was definitely less roomy. While the X3 had excellent driving dynamics I found the style and comfort superior in the Volvo. I ended up with the T6 Premier plus and have not been disappointed. The power and smoothness are fabulous. While the fuel consumption has been commented on, at least it takes regular gas. Compared to the BMW X3 I found trip cost estimates using GasBuddy to be comparable even though the X3 has better fuel economy figures. I ended up installing the Nav system which is pricey but very good. Reliability has been excellent with just a couple of minor issues in almost two years. The performance in the winter is excellent. My only complaints are that a heated steering wheel was not available [one is for 2014] and that a backup camera is only available in the Platinum trim level."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Great value for the money."

Cons: "Wish it was about 4 inches higher."

"I have owned quite a few cars in my lifetime, "60 plus years of driving," including 7 different Jaguars. This Volvo is really the best car I have ever owned. Picked it up at the factory last year and drove around Europe for month. Car handles well, rides great, visibility is good. Found out the wipers worked well the first few days. Averaged 26.6 MPG for the 3500 miles I put on in Europe. I really can't find fault with anything about the car. By the way, this is my first Volvo. Drove Jeep Grand Cherokees before buying this Volvo. Was looking to duplicate as close to the overall size that I found I really liked in the 1998 to 2004 Grand cherokees. Didn't like the newer Jeeps, they just looked fat."

My first Volvo

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, feels solid and safe."

Cons: "Center (wave) open console annoys me."

"After having gotten into a potentially life-threatening accident in my boyfriend's Volvo, I realized how safe they were-we all came out without a scratch--even the 2 dogs! I've owned about 20 new cars in my life, the last three were a Honda Accord V-6 Ex-L, with navigation. I loved my last Honda and kept it the longest of any of my other cars, so it was difficult for me to change, but I'm glad I did. The Volvo XC-60 sits higher up, is more comfortable, and has the hands-free feature for my Blackberry phone. I am used to having more power, though. My commute is 40 minutes each way every day, so to save gas, I didn't get the Turbo version. I don't like the open area under the center console. The flip down back headrests are a nice feature for visibility and it is easy to put the seats down for loading large items. I feel safe in this car and as an older lady, who would heal a bit slower than younger people, I'm glad I made the change. I've owned the car about a month and put 1200 miles on it."

Best Car EVER

By on Thursday, November 4, 2010

"My husband and I purchased our XC60 while stationed in Germany. We bought it over a year ago when it was released for American spec purchase. I test drove it twice and knew I wanted to purchase it the minute I sat in the luxurious seats. My car has been driven to Normandy, Holland, and northern Germany. Now that we are back in the States it has been driven from Colorado to the south where we are currently living. I have read other peoples complaints about their XC 60 and it shocks me that engine lights are coming on and I question the type of gas you are putting into your car. We were told premium gas which yes is more expensive but with the high performance engine in a Volvo you need the extra octane. If your mechanic says that isn't the issue I would like to comment that each time you take your car into the mechanic he or she is getting paid... I am sure there are problems with some of these cars they are all electrical and anything can happen if things are not set up correctly. My car currently has 15000 miles on it and my only concern is getting a door ding or a scratch. She's kept in pristine condition and because of this my husband drives her more because he has better parking at work. I love my XC60 and would recommend them to anyone."

Unsolvable Electrical Problem

By on Saturday, October 10, 2009

"We have owned the car since July 09 and have 1600 miles on the odometer. The car has had an electrical problem in the nav/backup camera system from the beginning. It has been in the shop six times and the problem still exist. We have started the "lemon law" return process."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo XC60 near Honolulu. See local deals