2012 Volvo XC60

Based on 86 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

awesome SUV!!!

By on Sunday, May 22, 2016

"I have aways wanted a Volvo and purchased the XC-60 AWD a year ago. Love, love, love it and recommend to anyone looking for an SUV. The safety especially in rainy weather is amazing. I feel so confident in heavy rains due to traction control, handling and weight of the SUV. During a recent ice/snow storm, yes in North Carolina, my husband drive it and there were no problems what so ever. We are getting ready to purchase a Volvo Sedan S60. Great on trips, love the confidence and reliability."

Great Entry Into the Luxury Market

By on Friday, June 3, 2016

Pros: "Engine, Comfort, Visibility, Volvo On Call, leathe"

Cons: "Infotainment, could be slightly quiter on hwy"

"My wife and I traded in our 2007 Ford Edge for a 2016 XC60 R-Design Polestar. We looked at many other vehicles including the BMW x1, Volvo v60, Mercedes GLA, Lincoln MKC. To date, we could not be happier with our decision. The vehicle normally makes about 300 hp, but with the Polestar update it gets 325 HP and 350 lbft. It is much quicker than anything else we looked at. It is true that the infotainment system is dated, but in reality the number pad system is something you can use with your eyes on the road and is an interface most are used to and is simple to operate. The seats and leather are soft and comfortable and I have not noticed any quality issues yet. The car is no M or AMG, but it is exciting to see what Polestar can do with just a simple tune; I would imagine that their future with volvo is bright. The springs are a bit softer than I would like but firm enough to allow spirited driving without being crashy like the German competition. Based on reviews, I was worried about gas mileage but we are averaging around 22 with a lot of around town operation, on an engine that really hasn't been broken in yet, which is better than I expected. The luxury establishment (BMW, Mercedes) has its hold on peoples opinions but their entry levels are underpowered, loud and cheaply made once you really examine the interior quality. Out the door, the XC60 was significantly less than a used 2016 X1, despite being larger, faster and having more options. People really need to avert their eyes from the German manufacturers glare and look elsewhere. The domestics and lesser known european brands are making some hugely competitive vehicles."

A Luxury drive in the lap of safety

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

"This car is an exhibit in practicality, safety, luxury and speed! Gorgeous interior, sound system amazing. Honestly, I realized the true value of this car when a few days after my purchase, I drove about 750 miles in horrific storms. It was raining sideways, visibility was very low and there was flooding on I-95. This car handled the road so securely as cars slid off to the side in droves. While it is beautiful, nothing compares to the feeling of confidence developed when a vehicle is truly tested in dangerous conditions and performs well beyond expectations. Don't think twice, by the way, insurance companies LOVE this car and you see it in your rates."

A GREAT PURCHASE

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Great Car - Technology Package is a must buy"

Cons: "No front fog lights"

"Just recently took deliver of XC60 with AWD, Climate Package, Premium Plus and Technology Package. So far the best car I ever purchased and I have purchased many. That might not be saying much because the 1st car I purchased was a 1971 Fiat 128, which came standard with rust. I think the Technology package is a must buy. It provides Adaptive Cruse Control which is fantastic. I don’t think I can ever purchase another vehicle with Adaptive Cruse Control. Driver Alert System (weaving in your lane of traffic) and Lane Departure Warning, (drifting into the next lane) work great. I didn’t realize how bad a driver I am. The Turning Radius is unbelievable. Three small complaints: Unless you purchase the Navigation system you do not have voice activated Bluetooth. (I did not know that). Make sure the car is equipped with Navigation Prep so you can add the Navigation system. (Good advise from my salesman) For some reason the Pre-Sets stations for the Sirius radio do not function off of the STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS, unless you block all of the other Sirius stations. No front fog lights"

Would buy again

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2015

"I bought this car used with 30k miles on it. I've put 42,500 on it since (now has 72,500 total). I've been very happy with it and would buy again. The ride is very quiet, responsive. It's very comfortable even in harsh winter."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo XC60 near Honolulu. See local deals