2012 Volvo XC60

8.4

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

A GREAT PURCHASE

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Great Car - Technology Package is a must buy"

Cons: "No front fog lights"

"Just recently took deliver of XC60 with AWD, Climate Package, Premium Plus and Technology Package. So far the best car I ever purchased and I have purchased many. That might not be saying much because the 1st car I purchased was a 1971 Fiat 128, which came standard with rust. I think the Technology package is a must buy. It provides Adaptive Cruse Control which is fantastic. I don’t think I can ever purchase another vehicle with Adaptive Cruse Control. Driver Alert System (weaving in your lane of traffic) and Lane Departure Warning, (drifting into the next lane) work great. I didn’t realize how bad a driver I am. The Turning Radius is unbelievable. Three small complaints: Unless you purchase the Navigation system you do not have voice activated Bluetooth. (I did not know that). Make sure the car is equipped with Navigation Prep so you can add the Navigation system. (Good advise from my salesman) For some reason the Pre-Sets stations for the Sirius radio do not function off of the STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS, unless you block all of the other Sirius stations. No front fog lights"

Incredible Highway Driving!

By on Saturday, October 01, 2011

"This car is perfect. Size, manuevering, features. Drives like a dream on the highway. Simplicity and elegance inside. Love it."

Enjoying this SUV

By on Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, quiet ride, safety features"

Cons: "Radio reception was disappointing, gas mileage is average"

"Got my XC60 in April 2011....never had an SUV and love sitting up higher, car feels solid, rides smooth and quiet, and can't beat the safety features. My only caution is to test out the satellite radio and regular radio. Sirius in the Charlotte NC area stinks and blips out constantly throughout various areas. Very annoying so I don't listen to satellite while driving in Charlotte. Dealer says its the reception and nothing with the car. Satellite worked fine when I travelled to OH a couple weeks ago. Several of the regular radio stations I used to listen to in Charlotte on my old V70, now on the XC60 have more static and blip out, which also gets annoying. But when the car has a good reception the radio sounds great. I'm averaging about 22-23 mpg with a mix of hwy and in-town driving...a little disappointing, dealer told me I should avg more closer to 28-30. Love the extra options I ordered."

The XC60 is overall an excellent SUV.

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "Price, comfort, ride, safety, and features."

Cons: "Not the best mileage but it's an SUV."

"Aesthetics aside, sitting and driving in this car has been an absolute pleasure. The ride is comfortable for an SUV. Noise level is very good only noticeable above 80mph. Steering has very good feel and excellent response.The seats are fabulous, comfortable for short or long runs. Volvo designs in the little things that make driving enjoyable. Touches like a versatile audio system, bluetooth, power tailgate, panoramic moonroof, quality craftsmanship, and many many more niceties. But the primary reason I chose the XC60 were all the safety features, I feel safer driving this car than the others I've had.Another plus is the value you get when compared to other SUVs like the X3, RDX, Q5, etc. The other SUV I like is the X5 but it approached 56k when customized. I purchased the XC60 T6 Platinum with tech, climate, and blis for much less. It was also much more pleasant working with my Volvo sales person than the BMW one I leased my 328 three years ago. I love this car and would recommend it without hesitation."

Everything I Expected

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Excellent controls, comfortable seats, reliability"

Cons: "No heated steering wheel available in 2012"

"Although I have owned many Volvos in the past I did not just go to a Volvo dealer without trying the competition. While the Lexus RX, Infiniti models, and Acura just didn't appeal to me on a gut level [purely subjective] I did look at the Audi Q5, BMW X3, and Mercedes GLK. I did not ttest drive the Q5 because I found the room behind the back seat lacking. I test drove the X3 and GLK but found the XC60 most to my liking. The GLK was definitely less roomy. While the X3 had excellent driving dynamics I found the style and comfort superior in the Volvo. I ended up with the T6 Premier plus and have not been disappointed. The power and smoothness are fabulous. While the fuel consumption has been commented on, at least it takes regular gas. Compared to the BMW X3 I found trip cost estimates using GasBuddy to be comparable even though the X3 has better fuel economy figures. I ended up installing the Nav system which is pricey but very good. Reliability has been excellent with just a couple of minor issues in almost two years. The performance in the winter is excellent. My only complaints are that a heated steering wheel was not available [one is for 2014] and that a backup camera is only available in the Platinum trim level."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo XC60 near Honolulu. See local deals