2012 Volvo XC60

8.4

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

My first Volvo

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, feels solid and safe."

Cons: "Center (wave) open console annoys me."

"After having gotten into a potentially life-threatening accident in my boyfriend's Volvo, I realized how safe they were-we all came out without a scratch--even the 2 dogs! I've owned about 20 new cars in my life, the last three were a Honda Accord V-6 Ex-L, with navigation. I loved my last Honda and kept it the longest of any of my other cars, so it was difficult for me to change, but I'm glad I did. The Volvo XC-60 sits higher up, is more comfortable, and has the hands-free feature for my Blackberry phone. I am used to having more power, though. My commute is 40 minutes each way every day, so to save gas, I didn't get the Turbo version. I don't like the open area under the center console. The flip down back headrests are a nice feature for visibility and it is easy to put the seats down for loading large items. I feel safe in this car and as an older lady, who would heal a bit slower than younger people, I'm glad I made the change. I've owned the car about a month and put 1200 miles on it."

Great Car! So happy I got it--worth every penny!

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Great options, Great Quality"

Cons: "Confusing Audio / Adding Oil B4 Scheduled Maint."

See! Kids love the XC 60

"Pros: City Safety: This vehicle, with the City Safety feature, has saved me from two fender benders at low mph. Let's say I was under 20 mph for each near miss. Automatic Seats: Seating is way comfortable with the lumbar adjustment in addition to the 8-way seat. The seats have incredible resilency after sitting in them for a long drive and will keep their mold vs. mold to you. BLIS: The blind spot avoidance system is a feel good feature because I depend on my mirrors and don't turn around to check when changing lanes. Parking Assist: The parking sensors let me know when someone is close to my car or when I'm close to an object in the garage, etc. I depend on this everyday, at least 5 times a day. Very useful! Head Rests: For extra rear view mirror coverage, the automatic head rest "drop" is handy. You'd never remember to drop the head rests after your co-workers ride to lunch with you. Trunk/Cargo Area: Not too small and really kind of roomy. This is a cross-over vehicle but I'd say is more of an SUV than most cross-overs. Upholstery/Leather: Have kids? Get leather. The fabric will stain from your milk, juice, etc. The leather is nice and easily cleaned with wipes. Very nice feel and doesn't get too hot during our 110 degree summers in the Mojave. The lighter upholstery tends to collect lint and to me that's annoying. Options: Options galore for how your vehicle will respond to you. These include: door locks, light timing, audio settings, navi settings, mirror settings, etc. Cons: After a year, the radio/audio system is still a little confusing. They tried to do more with less controls; as well as, some features are available in park and others (mostly all) are available when driving. It's knowing the difference that will save you time in learning your system. Manufacturer says it's within normal limits to add a quart of oil monthly to the vehicle. In my opinion and most others' opinions adding oil to any vehicle between scheduled maintenances flags a problem and frankly, is a hassle. I've done this twice in one year. I drive my vehicle hard and maybe that is why, but I cannot say for sure. Dealership performed a software update and changed out the dip stick (uses qtr measurement instead of thirds). Asked me to come back at 1,000 miles to measure the amount my vehicle ?consumed?. We'll see! In conclusion: Heavy Foot Drivers: Get the T6, it's drives just like my old BMW. If you like to go fast, but feel isn't your deal, 3.2 liter FWD is fine for you. Must Haves: Keyless Entry Remote--great for parents with kids Auto-Open Trunk Hatch--great for when you're in a hurry"

See! Kids love the XC 60

Best Car EVER

By on Thursday, November 04, 2010

"My husband and I purchased our XC60 while stationed in Germany. We bought it over a year ago when it was released for American spec purchase. I test drove it twice and knew I wanted to purchase it the minute I sat in the luxurious seats. My car has been driven to Normandy, Holland, and northern Germany. Now that we are back in the States it has been driven from Colorado to the south where we are currently living. I have read other peoples complaints about their XC 60 and it shocks me that engine lights are coming on and I question the type of gas you are putting into your car. We were told premium gas which yes is more expensive but with the high performance engine in a Volvo you need the extra octane. If your mechanic says that isn't the issue I would like to comment that each time you take your car into the mechanic he or she is getting paid... I am sure there are problems with some of these cars they are all electrical and anything can happen if things are not set up correctly. My car currently has 15000 miles on it and my only concern is getting a door ding or a scratch. She's kept in pristine condition and because of this my husband drives her more because he has better parking at work. I love my XC60 and would recommend them to anyone."

Excellent Car

By on Thursday, September 30, 2010

"I purchased my XC60 R-Design about three months ago and absolutely love this car! I had two BMW X5's prior to and really wanted a change. I was looking for an SUV with less bulk and a luxury feel. I also wanted the car to move when I stepped on the gas. I have found it with this car! It is quick, gorgeous and extremely comfortable. I purchased a red car and it is a looker! I see people walking around the car when I leave it in parking lots. I am averaging 19 mpg which isn't too bad considering it is all in-town and very little highway. I would highly recommend this car. The only complaint I have is that heated-steering wheels are not an option. But I enjoy driving this car so much, I have almost forgotten about that option."

A GREAT PURCHASE

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Great Car - Technology Package is a must buy"

Cons: "No front fog lights"

"Just recently took deliver of XC60 with AWD, Climate Package, Premium Plus and Technology Package. So far the best car I ever purchased and I have purchased many. That might not be saying much because the 1st car I purchased was a 1971 Fiat 128, which came standard with rust. I think the Technology package is a must buy. It provides Adaptive Cruse Control which is fantastic. I don’t think I can ever purchase another vehicle with Adaptive Cruse Control. Driver Alert System (weaving in your lane of traffic) and Lane Departure Warning, (drifting into the next lane) work great. I didn’t realize how bad a driver I am. The Turning Radius is unbelievable. Three small complaints: Unless you purchase the Navigation system you do not have voice activated Bluetooth. (I did not know that). Make sure the car is equipped with Navigation Prep so you can add the Navigation system. (Good advise from my salesman) For some reason the Pre-Sets stations for the Sirius radio do not function off of the STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS, unless you block all of the other Sirius stations. No front fog lights"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo XC60 near Honolulu. See local deals