2010 Volvo XC60

Based on 82 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

A Luxury drive in the lap of safety

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

"This car is an exhibit in practicality, safety, luxury and speed! Gorgeous interior, sound system amazing. Honestly, I realized the true value of this car when a few days after my purchase, I drove about 750 miles in horrific storms. It was raining sideways, visibility was very low and there was flooding on I-95. This car handled the road so securely as cars slid off to the side in droves. While it is beautiful, nothing compares to the feeling of confidence developed when a vehicle is truly tested in dangerous conditions and performs well beyond expectations. Don't think twice, by the way, insurance companies LOVE this car and you see it in your rates."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Great value for the money."

Cons: "Wish it was about 4 inches higher."

"I have owned quite a few cars in my lifetime, "60 plus years of driving," including 7 different Jaguars. This Volvo is really the best car I have ever owned. Picked it up at the factory last year and drove around Europe for month. Car handles well, rides great, visibility is good. Found out the wipers worked well the first few days. Averaged 26.6 MPG for the 3500 miles I put on in Europe. I really can't find fault with anything about the car. By the way, this is my first Volvo. Drove Jeep Grand Cherokees before buying this Volvo. Was looking to duplicate as close to the overall size that I found I really liked in the 1998 to 2004 Grand cherokees. Didn't like the newer Jeeps, they just looked fat."

Safe car with exceptional handling

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "Good value, exceptional handling"

Cons: "Nothing major"

"We bought the XC60 3.2 (no turbo, 2WD) as a commuter car for my wife's 50+ mile commute. Main reason was safety. Volvo's always had the reputation for being safe and looking bad - this one actually looks good too. We got a 60.000 mls free maintenance and repairs and that means we don't pay anything - even wiper blades are free. There are two issues with the car: the software has a few glitches and it took the dealer a few visits to finally make it work properly. All the glitches were minor, i.e. it wouldn't beep when locking. The second issue is really bad design on the seatbelts in the front. The angle of the slot where the seatbelt goes in is off, thus kinking the belt and sometimes not really rolling it up properly. Also minor, but it's odd to see such a flaw on an otherwise well designed car. That all said, if you want a vehicle you can pull off the road onto a soft gravel shoulder at 70 mph and have no problem controlling the car, the XC60 is the car to go. I had to do that on I5 when someone pushed me off the road and I would be in the hospital if not dead had I driven our second car (ford escape). The chassis is incredibly stiff for an SUV - it's more like a porsche or other high end sportscar. So don't wonder when your inner rear wheel lifts off when you pull into an elevated driveway. The stiff chassis gives you exceptional handling in corners and emergencies. The mileage is pretty good for a car that weight. We average close to 26 mpg with around 80/20 highway to city. It's a safe fun car to drive and for the price it outperforms pretty much all of it's more expensive competitors."

Most Comfortable

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "Safest vehicle on the road with Technology Package"

Cons: "Back seat a little small for large people."

Lawrence County Pennsylvania

"The T6 version has a twin turbo Jaguar 6 cylinder engine that is smooth, quiet, and very quick acceleration. The technology package makes long trips much safer and enjoyable with the adaptive cruise control, navigation system, driver alert, and crash avoidance with auto brake. The seats are extremely comfortable. My car also has BLIS to warn you when there is an object in your blind spot. The premium sound system is great. I also have keyless entry and ignition, rear view camera, power lift gate and have not had a single issue in 37,000 miles. The city safe feature has stopped the car before running into fixed objects several times. The AWD is great in snow and ice. I think it is a very sharp looking car."

Lawrence County Pennsylvania

I really like this car

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "Great all around vehicle."

Cons: "After 5 months I can't think of any cons"

"This is my fourth new car and second new Volvo and this is the first car I have ever had that I can say I really like. Don't get me wrong I had a supra and a mustang mach1 which were fine cars but I did not absolutely love them (the supra was close). Even the s60 doesn't quite compare, this car is awesome!!!!"

Great little SUV

By on Saturday, April 17, 2010

"I own another Volvo and have driven most models as courtesy cars when mine has been in for service. This XC60 is easily the most pleasurable to drive, with the exceptions of my S60R and the cool little C30. It's been rock solid and a great road trip vehicle. No problems at all so far. In my eyes it's the best looking small SUV on the road--certainly the most distinctive. Volvo claims it's the safest car on the road, too. My only disappointment is with the mileage--we've been several MPG short of the government mileage figures, unlike my S60R, which is dead on."

Everything I Expected

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Excellent controls, comfortable seats, reliability"

Cons: "No heated steering wheel available in 2012"

"Although I have owned many Volvos in the past I did not just go to a Volvo dealer without trying the competition. While the Lexus RX, Infiniti models, and Acura just didn't appeal to me on a gut level [purely subjective] I did look at the Audi Q5, BMW X3, and Mercedes GLK. I did not ttest drive the Q5 because I found the room behind the back seat lacking. I test drove the X3 and GLK but found the XC60 most to my liking. The GLK was definitely less roomy. While the X3 had excellent driving dynamics I found the style and comfort superior in the Volvo. I ended up with the T6 Premier plus and have not been disappointed. The power and smoothness are fabulous. While the fuel consumption has been commented on, at least it takes regular gas. Compared to the BMW X3 I found trip cost estimates using GasBuddy to be comparable even though the X3 has better fuel economy figures. I ended up installing the Nav system which is pricey but very good. Reliability has been excellent with just a couple of minor issues in almost two years. The performance in the winter is excellent. My only complaints are that a heated steering wheel was not available [one is for 2014] and that a backup camera is only available in the Platinum trim level."

Would buy again

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2015

"I bought this car used with 30k miles on it. I've put 42,500 on it since (now has 72,500 total). I've been very happy with it and would buy again. The ride is very quiet, responsive. It's very comfortable even in harsh winter."

Best Car EVER

By on Thursday, November 04, 2010

"My husband and I purchased our XC60 while stationed in Germany. We bought it over a year ago when it was released for American spec purchase. I test drove it twice and knew I wanted to purchase it the minute I sat in the luxurious seats. My car has been driven to Normandy, Holland, and northern Germany. Now that we are back in the States it has been driven from Colorado to the south where we are currently living. I have read other peoples complaints about their XC 60 and it shocks me that engine lights are coming on and I question the type of gas you are putting into your car. We were told premium gas which yes is more expensive but with the high performance engine in a Volvo you need the extra octane. If your mechanic says that isn't the issue I would like to comment that each time you take your car into the mechanic he or she is getting paid... I am sure there are problems with some of these cars they are all electrical and anything can happen if things are not set up correctly. My car currently has 15000 miles on it and my only concern is getting a door ding or a scratch. She's kept in pristine condition and because of this my husband drives her more because he has better parking at work. I love my XC60 and would recommend them to anyone."

A GREAT PURCHASE

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Great Car - Technology Package is a must buy"

Cons: "No front fog lights"

"Just recently took deliver of XC60 with AWD, Climate Package, Premium Plus and Technology Package. So far the best car I ever purchased and I have purchased many. That might not be saying much because the 1st car I purchased was a 1971 Fiat 128, which came standard with rust. I think the Technology package is a must buy. It provides Adaptive Cruse Control which is fantastic. I don’t think I can ever purchase another vehicle with Adaptive Cruse Control. Driver Alert System (weaving in your lane of traffic) and Lane Departure Warning, (drifting into the next lane) work great. I didn’t realize how bad a driver I am. The Turning Radius is unbelievable. Three small complaints: Unless you purchase the Navigation system you do not have voice activated Bluetooth. (I did not know that). Make sure the car is equipped with Navigation Prep so you can add the Navigation system. (Good advise from my salesman) For some reason the Pre-Sets stations for the Sirius radio do not function off of the STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS, unless you block all of the other Sirius stations. No front fog lights"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo XC60 near Honolulu. See local deals