2007 Volvo V70

7.7

Based on 280 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Love the volvo wagons

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, safe, comfortable."

"I've had over 10 Volvo wagons in my life. All but one have given me good service (electrical short I couldn't figure out). Currently own 2000 V70 w/ 165k and 2004 XC70 w/115k. I am a salesman and put anywhere from 25k to 30k per year on my vehicle for work. Have always bought used wagons w/ over 100k miles on the odo. Do all basic service myself. Keep until the cars usually have well over 200k on them. Had a 740 wagon that had 450k on it with no major repairs before the rear main seal started leaking. Otherwise, it ran great, just didn't want to put money into a car w/ that many miles on it. Son-in-law, daughter and 8 month old granddaughter drive a 2001 V70 and were in an accident just last weekend w/ a Honda Accord. Honda T-boned the passenger front fender and door at an intersection. Both cars doing approx 35 mph. No one hurt. Honda definitely totalled, jury is still out on the Volvo. Do your maintenance, fix it immediately when it breaks, drive the car like an adult and these cars will last you a very long time."

Our 01 V70xc - ( xc70)

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pros: "comfort affordable luxury"

Cons: "08"

"Great car -unbelieveable in snow and ice - easy to maintain we have 2 01 v70xc's one has over 285,000 miles looks and runs brand new, does a 130 mile commute 6 days a week -3900 miles per month avg mostly city miles car avg mpg 24.9 and 32mpg hwy on longer trips - Our other has 130,000 commutes 242 miles each way twice a week and goes through some of the worst road conditions possible, ice, white outs, heavy snow the car is un stoppable. The key is maintainence, and have someone who knows what hey are doing work on the car, they are not hard to work on and the key is to change your oil every 3-5k and change your transmission fluid every 30,000 and you won't have any problems. Would highly reccomend this car to anyone, Nothing is better in snow and ice Period -(( Dont even waste your time looking at subaru not even close in any department Volvo For LIFE !!"

Wonderful family wagon

By on Saturday, October 27, 2007

"For those of us not interested in the American SUV craze, the V70 offers an excellent alternative. I recently leased a 2007 V70 non turbo version, this being my third V70. My first V70 was totaled in a broadside crash where my wife and daughter walked away with a only a few bruises. Seeing the car after the accident convinced me they would have been seriously injured had they been in a different vehicle. All three V70's have been very reliable with only regular maintenance having to be done. I have read other reviews about the non turbo version being underpowered. I think this is untrue having pulled a 900lb. sailboat behind my V70 with no problems. Why are people so impressed with 0-60 times, who really cares besides auto press writers? Quality of build is excellent and my dealings with Volvo service have been excellent in all regards. Service can be expensive though. Fuel economy is pretty good, 23 city and 29 highway, especially for a heavy, rock solid wagon like the V70. Sure wish Volvo would introduce a Hybrid V70 though."

Quality, Safety and Comfort

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"What a great vehicle !! 2002 V70 with non-turbo 2.4L engine. Purchased as a lease return at great savings off new. Luxury and comfort equal to Lexus and Audi. Top quality and safety combined in a great ride. I've put 37k miles on in under 3 years. A consistent 32mpg highway at 70mph, about 23 mpg city. Very reliable if you do the scheduled maintenance. 3 minor problems covered under warranty with no hassle. Seats are fabulous, you can drive for hours. Power and acceleration are good with the 5-speed auto trans but not rocket fast. Very happy with this purchase, I will buy another V70 after this one."

the best

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "gas milage, comfort, reliability, handling, VALUE"

Cons: "difficulty accessing beneath the front seat"

"We're just over 218,000 miles in this car. The other week I needed to replace the tires and elected to put the 80,000 mile tire on - I expect to get to a million miles on this baby. The mileage is great-exceeds 32 mpg on the highways. It handles beautifully, is so comfortable and I cringe at the mere suggestion of changing cars."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo V70 near Honolulu. See local deals