2007 Volvo V70

7.6

Based on 273 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Smokin' deal for a used car - V70 T5

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pros: "Great handling and cargo, fast, 7 seats, pretty"

Cons: "Dealer maintenance is pricey, turning radius"

"I bought my 2001 V70 T5 for chump change about a year ago, due to a transmission problem. Fortunately I was able to fix this myself for $30 (there was an unperformed but necessary update). Since then, I've put well over 30,000 miles on the car, and it's been a great road warrior. It has a cavernous cargo area, handles much, much better than pretty much any other wagon (and certainly than any SUV), will leave most sport sedans in the dust thanks to the high-pressure turbo motor, and looks MUCH newer than its actual vintage. It's a plus that it will hold a couple grandkids in the tailgunner seats. The black leather interior is in nearly perfect condition 240,000 miles down the road. All in all, this has been my best automotive purchase for the money (other than maybe that Opel GT for $50). I do twist my own wrenches, and would recommend that this isn't necessarily the right car for those dependent on the local (?) Volvo dealer to maintain - though that proviso holds for most brands. I've found the car to be reasonably low maintenance - I replaced the control arm bushings, the CV axles, and a few other items over the last 30,000 miles. I also had to do a rube goldberg fix on the A/C compressor (restoring the proper spacing to the compressor clutch using a bit of wire). In the end, this wagon is faster, handles better, looks better and is probably more comfortable than what you're driving now. It does great in snow or ice. They sell for peanuts because people are scared of the maintenance - but if you find a well-maintained example it should run for many hundreds of thousands of miles."

Expensive to own, major flaws Volvo knew about

By on Monday, January 19, 2015

Pros: "comfortable ride and seating"

Cons: "constant expensive maintenance"

"Transmissions are very weak, when they go (and they will) expect to pay over 6k to get a new one. There are no good ones out there in parts yards, that's the major reason they end up there. Constant electrical problems, very frequent check engine lights. Throttle bodies are know to be junk, Volvo originally was forced to replace them for free up to 100k, after that expect to pay 2k plus programming. Not your typical Volvo, either go back to pre01 v70's (old Style) or jump way ahead to around 07 when they finally stopped selling these cars new with the above flaws."

Very dependable

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and very safe"

"This vehicle performs wonderful. I handles the road very well. The greatest features is the sound system. What's not so great about this vehicle is that it sits down very low."

Great for Big Family

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "price, size"

Cons: "not attractive on the outside"

"I drive this car in Utah and it is fantastic in the snow. I recommend this car to anyone with a big family."

QUALITY VEHICLE VERY RELIABLE

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pros: "reliability,comfort,rugged longevity"

Cons: "must keep your volvo mantained"

"My Volvo V70 is the latest in a long list of volvos i have owned over the years starting in 1982 when i purchased a 1976 244 DL. I will probably drive volvo the rest of my life i would say. this V70 has been the best one yet and has never missed a beat.it stands out in traffic and is so comfortable to drive..I really dont feel it is any more expensive to service and mantain this car when compared to most other brands lets be honest."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo V70 near Honolulu. See local deals