2004 Volvo V70

7.7

Based on 283 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Love the volvo wagons

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, safe, comfortable."

"I've had over 10 Volvo wagons in my life. All but one have given me good service (electrical short I couldn't figure out). Currently own 2000 V70 w/ 165k and 2004 XC70 w/115k. I am a salesman and put anywhere from 25k to 30k per year on my vehicle for work. Have always bought used wagons w/ over 100k miles on the odo. Do all basic service myself. Keep until the cars usually have well over 200k on them. Had a 740 wagon that had 450k on it with no major repairs before the rear main seal started leaking. Otherwise, it ran great, just didn't want to put money into a car w/ that many miles on it. Son-in-law, daughter and 8 month old granddaughter drive a 2001 V70 and were in an accident just last weekend w/ a Honda Accord. Honda T-boned the passenger front fender and door at an intersection. Both cars doing approx 35 mph. No one hurt. Honda definitely totalled, jury is still out on the Volvo. Do your maintenance, fix it immediately when it breaks, drive the car like an adult and these cars will last you a very long time."

Our 01 V70xc - ( xc70)

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pros: "comfort affordable luxury"

Cons: "08"

"Great car -unbelieveable in snow and ice - easy to maintain we have 2 01 v70xc's one has over 285,000 miles looks and runs brand new, does a 130 mile commute 6 days a week -3900 miles per month avg mostly city miles car avg mpg 24.9 and 32mpg hwy on longer trips - Our other has 130,000 commutes 242 miles each way twice a week and goes through some of the worst road conditions possible, ice, white outs, heavy snow the car is un stoppable. The key is maintainence, and have someone who knows what hey are doing work on the car, they are not hard to work on and the key is to change your oil every 3-5k and change your transmission fluid every 30,000 and you won't have any problems. Would highly reccomend this car to anyone, Nothing is better in snow and ice Period -(( Dont even waste your time looking at subaru not even close in any department Volvo For LIFE !!"

Quality, Safety and Comfort

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"What a great vehicle !! 2002 V70 with non-turbo 2.4L engine. Purchased as a lease return at great savings off new. Luxury and comfort equal to Lexus and Audi. Top quality and safety combined in a great ride. I've put 37k miles on in under 3 years. A consistent 32mpg highway at 70mph, about 23 mpg city. Very reliable if you do the scheduled maintenance. 3 minor problems covered under warranty with no hassle. Seats are fabulous, you can drive for hours. Power and acceleration are good with the 5-speed auto trans but not rocket fast. Very happy with this purchase, I will buy another V70 after this one."

amazing cargo space. comfortable and powerful

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pros: "interior design, power, cargo space"

Cons: "front end clunks, headlights yellowed"

"Purchased the 2005 V70 2.5T with 75k on it 2 years ago. We live in Rochester, NY area. Since then, only routine maintenance (timing belt, tranny flush). put 80K touring tires on it Sept, 2012 and expect to wear them out on this car. Will be replacing the rotors and pads Sept, 2013 at 120K. Have run synthetic 5w-30 since 80k with a lifetime air filter. Fuel economy is 25-26mpg in our hilly area, and around 31mpg at 70mph highway cruising. I calculate my mileage each tankful and the computer is consistently 1-1.5mpg lower than reality. This car has decent cargo carrying capacity, but not like the 240 Wagon or the 98 V70 that we also own. I was successful loading up two 2x10x12' and two 2x10x16' pressure treated boards in the cargo area with front seat folded down and using the cargo tie-downs. Not many vehicles would be able to do the same. The rear folding seats are well designed and quick to flatten. Too many sensors on this car compared to the 240 and the 98 V70. I have yellow warning messages constantly. In the winter, do not drive this car in snow with all seasons. I didn't put on the Hakka steel rim snows until after the 1st significant snow (4") and the night I drove home, I was scared. My experience is 25+ years in snow with no accidents. This night I was literally going 15mph on the all seasons (brand new with less than 3k on them). Couldn't wait to get the snows on to give me the added security and stability. Compared to the 240 (the tank with 265k on it) and the 98 V70 (with 138k on it), this car will cost far more to operate, but we will enjoy being coddled in the more refined interior. I'm a do-it-yourself mechanic and if you shop around on specific Volvo parts sites, parts are not much more expensive than non-Volvo vehicles."

the best

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "gas milage, comfort, reliability, handling, VALUE"

Cons: "difficulty accessing beneath the front seat"

"We're just over 218,000 miles in this car. The other week I needed to replace the tires and elected to put the 80,000 mile tire on - I expect to get to a million miles on this baby. The mileage is great-exceeds 32 mpg on the highways. It handles beautifully, is so comfortable and I cringe at the mere suggestion of changing cars."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo V70 near Honolulu. See local deals