1999 Volvo V70

7.0

Based on 184 Ratings for the 1998 - 2000 models.

Best car ever

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Pros: "Octavia is the best car ever!"

Cons: "I should have got her sooner."

"I bought my 1998 Volvo V70 GLT a few months ago.17 yr old car that drives like new. I bought it from the original owners and they maintained it at Volvo dealer up until the last few years. The only things I have had to do to it was normal maintenance that the previous owner had let go ie. brakes, replacing timing belt, water pump etc. I did these as preventative measures because I believe it's a keeper. Need to replace 1 front fender because of a rust hole but that's the only spot on the car that has rusted. The car has 214 000m/344 000km and works like a dream. I can hardly wait to try her in the snow. I have taken it on many road trips and the gas mileage is much better than the Dodge van I had owned and it's much more comfortable on long trips. The turbo makes passing a dream..I'd really like to know how fast it will go...lol I LOVE THIS CAR! :)"

Very safe Vehicle - will survive extreme crash

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Safe - solid construction"

Cons: "My wife had this car so long she got tired of it."

1998 Volvo V70 GLT

"Its just too expensive to build them like this anymore. Volvo's built before Ford (like this one) are renowned for long life and being built like a tank. Leather and power everything this car is dependable and in very good shape. Front wheel drive, traction control, anti-lock brakes, rear seats that fold down completely flat for transport of large or bulky things. Will throw in roof rack."

1998 Volvo V70 GLT

99 XC V70 Wagon

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun, comfortable, safe, sturdy, easy to work on"

Cons: "part cost, strange tools"

"I purchased this car as at least the 2nd owner at over 170k miles. At this point little gremlins started popping up that apparently are very common for this car. Mass AFS (of which I've replaced 3 times in 25k miles) ABS module, and have since removed the drive shaft (again very common) due to the bad joint. It currently drives in front wheel just fine, although you pay for the AWD, thats what you want, right? Even with these problems I LOVE THIS CAR! It handles the the rally car its roots are set in. The engine has a pretty snarl. It has all the feel of luxury you could hope for in a car this age. Ergo seats are as nice as the brand new ones. Heated seats, defrosting mirrors, rain wiper sensors, this car has not really had anywhere to improve in 15 years (writing in 2014)! Great when you just want to cruise, satisfying when you want to show some spirit- for someone who has owned sports and luxury cars, this is a very comfortable middle ground."

V70 "R" = Rocket

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pros: "Really Fun to drive. Seats. Stereo"

Cons: "MPG 17 City, 22 Highway."

"My 16 year old daughter hates the way this car looks! She calls it the hearse. But I love my daily driver. I am the second owner of this car but have had it for 14 years. Every year I plan the the car will cost about $750.00 in maintenance, but when I consider something newer, I enjoy the extra money I can save. People forget this car stickered new for $42,000 in 1998! The things I love about the car are the comfortable front seats. A great sounding audio system and a high pressure turbo charged engine that makes this car a rocket on the highway. Like all mechanical things, my Volvo has had some things wear out over time. Most expensive has been the new condenser for the air conditioning about 7 years ago ($1800). I replaced the steering rack about two years ago. ($1500.00) This year I replaced the tires. For the first time I went away from a V rated tire and put a set of Firestone touring tires. I really love the nice soft ride. I know I've given up performance but I don't drive the car aggressivly.In the snow, the AWD feature allows me to bypass all those soccer moms in their Honda Odesseys and big SUV's. The V 70 just motors on past. I never have any reservations driving this wagon in any weather condition. My only complaint is that backing out of parking spaces is touch n go. Since the car is so low to the ground compared to more modern vehicles, it is difficult to see other traffic."

Reliable, built like a truck

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Reason: worn out

Pros: "Strong, safe, comfortable"

Cons: "poor MPG"

"Reliable, built like a truck, fine to drive, good in weather, not so great mileage."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo V70 near Honolulu. See local deals