2006 Volvo V50

Based on 90 Ratings for the 2005 - 2011 models.

love my car!

By on Monday, November 12, 2012

Pros: "reliable, fun to drive, gets lots of compliments"

Cons: "not all wheel drive, needs more leg room in back."

"Love my car, this is my second Volvo and I've only had minor repairs as well as the normal maintenance. I've been fortunate to have a wonderful and honest service writer,and back up garage to take it to. The car is less than 5 years old with almost 150,000miles on it but still handles like new. I plan to put at least another 150,000 miles on it."

Wish they still made them!

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, easy drive, great milage."

Cons: "Limited vision for tall drivers to the front right"

"This little sporty wagon has been a workhorse for me since I obtained it. I purchased it used at 50,000 mi., about 2.5 years old. It had had one rear-end accident prior to my purchase, and I've never felt any difficulty from that. I've driven it back and forth across the country this summer with nary a complaint. It holds what I need comfortably (bachelor male who is active in sports). It does have two annoying flaws: first, every once in a while, the radio/CD player won't work when you turn the car on, and you have to re-start the car to get it to work. Second, the air-conditioning system has developed a flaw in that it won't always kick back on when it has cycled off; I've been lazy about getting this fixed."

A good compromise

By on Friday, April 16, 2010

"Bought this 2008 in fall 2007. T5 AWD with a load of extras. The roofrack we've never used but I like the look. The chrome premium wheels really look great but take some cleaning. This car was for our downsize strategy. We replaced a Mercedes E500 and a Toyota 4-Runner V8 with one car to share. A tough call! We then moved the car to Canada! Comfort is good for 4. It's big enough with the seats flat to take my bicycle. Quality of finish compares nicely. The AWD and local driving take their toll in gas, averaging 20 - 21 combined. There's not too much choice for a small wagon with any power. The BMW 3 series is one option but after that it's Subaru. We were used to good handling and some fun on open winding roads. Not bad. I drove the turbo-diesel in Germany and would buy that if available. Negatives: Storage in the front, no bluetooth for the phone."

beautiful practical car

By on Thursday, January 22, 2009

"I got 2.4i with all options except auto climate 1.5 y ago. it was a demo car with 1500 mi. i paid $26000 (sticker- 33000) So far I had no problems, put 14000mi. I live in the mountains, so firm suspension is a plus. I was worried about sport suspension but it happened to be nice option. The car has enough power for any situation. I felt no difference between its performance with me alone and with five adults on board. Inside: comfortable seats, good ergonomics, nice finish, good noise isolation. Cargo- exceptional! I made few notorious trips to IKEA :) I couldn't believe how much I could put into this car. Regular trips to Lowes/Home Depot for bags of soil, marble, plants etc- no problems! I put a plastic liner on the floor to protect it. I don't need SUV. There is no reason to have it if you have a wagon like v50. Winter- stability control system works excellent. it literally saved me and the car last winter. Winter transmission option works well, very helpful. Another plus- economy. I am geting 30-32 mpg on a highway and 24-25 in mixed cycle. I use medium grade. Downside: I paid $270 for 14000 tune up (the labor cost $150)"

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2007

"It's a wagon with incredible grip, super-torquey engine, flat steering, great handling... did I mention it's a wagon!? I looked into the Audi A4 Avant, and this specs out exactly the same as the 3.2 for $5000 less. Looks better and far fewer on the road, to boot. This car was described to me as "exotic" once by someone on the street. I have had no problems whatsoever with this car, though Volvo gets a bad rap - for what it's worth, this particular model is 100% volvo on the mazda framework - not just a hyped mazda... awesome car - hands down."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo V50 near Honolulu. See local deals