2005 Volvo V50

Based on 90 Ratings for the 2005 - 2011 models.

love my car!

By on Monday, November 12, 2012

Pros: "reliable, fun to drive, gets lots of compliments"

Cons: "not all wheel drive, needs more leg room in back."

"Love my car, this is my second Volvo and I've only had minor repairs as well as the normal maintenance. I've been fortunate to have a wonderful and honest service writer,and back up garage to take it to. The car is less than 5 years old with almost 150,000miles on it but still handles like new. I plan to put at least another 150,000 miles on it."

Wish they still made them!

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, easy drive, great milage."

Cons: "Limited vision for tall drivers to the front right"

"This little sporty wagon has been a workhorse for me since I obtained it. I purchased it used at 50,000 mi., about 2.5 years old. It had had one rear-end accident prior to my purchase, and I've never felt any difficulty from that. I've driven it back and forth across the country this summer with nary a complaint. It holds what I need comfortably (bachelor male who is active in sports). It does have two annoying flaws: first, every once in a while, the radio/CD player won't work when you turn the car on, and you have to re-start the car to get it to work. Second, the air-conditioning system has developed a flaw in that it won't always kick back on when it has cycled off; I've been lazy about getting this fixed."

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Quality, Great driving experience"

"I did a lot of research before I purchased this vehicle and did the European Delivery when I bought it. All the hype is true. A great trip, an awesome car, no muss, no fuss. The Swedish people are incredibly friendly and all speak perfect English. This car has never let me down. Regular maintenance only, no mechanical defects at all. Perfect in every way."

good decision

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

"Solid in a crash. I would purchase it again if Volvo still made the V50. Turbo fun; wagon practical. I can zip around all over the place."

Excellent car, for a wagon.

By on Friday, March 12, 2010

"I've owned mine for 5 years now and it's turned out to be the best decision I've ever made automotively. 2.5 turbo has plenty of power but is still efficient. Doesn't lag on hills. AWD with traction control makes snow a non-issue. You can literally floor it from a stopped position and it won't spin tires. This car will also go 130mph fairly easily. (autobahn tested, not US highways) Interior quality is great. All surfaces feel good to the touch (no hard plastic). My only complaint is the aluminum trim pieces, which get dings over time. The original tires only lasted 32k miles. Also had to have the computer system replaced (Under warranty). Rear brake rotors had to be replaced at 40k miles."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo V50 near Honolulu. See local deals