1997 Volvo S90

Based on 28 Ratings for the 1997 - 1998 models.

A Wonderful Car, but Expensive Repairs

By on Wednesday, December 09, 2009

"I bought this car used (I'm the second owner) three years ago, and I think I've spent around $3,800 in repairs since I've owned it. (In all fairness, one could have been avoided if I knew for sure the timing belt had been replaced.) I live in the city, and the mileage is very poor and the brakes wear out frequently. Those are the negatives. The positive is that I gave the car to my daughter who has driven several times from SF to LA and I don't worry about her safety at all. It's big, roomy, comfortable and above all, safe. The other positive is that we drove from San Diego to San Francisco on a single tank, which is a huge contrast from the poor mileage it gets from city driving. Would I recommend it? Yes, with the caveat that you might have to spend some bucks for comfort and safety."

Wonderful First Car

By on Monday, August 03, 2009

"Doing little more than fixing the basics and the S90 will plow through anything! I have driven many pricey brand NEW cars and not been impressed with their handeling after driving the S90. It will turn on a dime and beat out any of the wimpy 4cyl on the new market! Watch the fuel economy though, this baby 'only' gets 20mpg and she drinks nothing but premium or she gets really tempermental. So if your comfortable with that and you want a KICKIN car for that sweet used price go with IT! I mean my car had its window sticker from 98 in the glove box, it was 48,000 in 1998 and I got it for 5k! I mean talk about awesome, your getting the car of your life :) -- by the way, nobody else out there but your fellow volvo lovers have a car that looks like yours ;P NOW thats sweet!"

Excellent Vehicle

By on Monday, July 13, 2009

"I have owned 4 Volvo's and this is one of the best. I bought this car new and I am the only owner. It has preformed well and is reasonable in regard to cost upkeep."

Best car we've owned

By on Sunday, November 25, 2007

"Bought the car in 98 w/16,000 miles. The car is very solid, no rattles or squeeks. Very comfortable and quiet interior. Good ride and easy to drive. Great turning radius. No mechanical or electrical problems. Regular maintenance only for 155k and counting. Good power and decent gas milage. Paint and interior are still really good. Hard to find better in the long haul."

well kept, updated service, good condition

By on Saturday, July 16, 2011

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "no cup holders"

"would recommnd for second car"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo S90 near Honolulu. See local deals