2015 Volvo S80 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $37,664 - $39,351.

7.2

Based on 317 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.4/10

Don't ever buy this car

By on Saturday, January 19, 2008

"Bought 1999 as lease return with 36,000 miles. Although it has a lot of power and a relatively smooth ride, it has left me and my family stranded on two road trips from a sensor failing in one case, and the fuel pump going out in the other. In addition, repairs for this car have totaled over $10,000 over the 5 years I've owned it (maybe a third of that was covered before the warranty expired). This Volvo is definitely the worst car I have ever owned."

Great Car!

By on Thursday, December 27, 2007

"I have owned my car for a year now, and I'm very happy with my purchase. I bought a 2003 Volvo S80 2.9L. It handles very well, especially when negotiating turns and curves. It has excellent acceleration. I really enjoy the sound system. I wish the gas mileage was a little better, but overall I would happily recommend this car to a friend. I like the style and comfort best."

Fun to drive, avg reliability

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"My 2000 Volvo S80 was my first 'nice' car. It has a great speaker system and is really fun to drive, especially for a sedan. My family of 4 can ride comfortably on a long trip and the trunk is huge. It takes curves really well and goes fast. The suspension is tight which doesn't always work well on bumpy streets with potholes. Reliability is so so. I have spent money on the suspension, ABS breaks and new struts. Nothing too major but it does get expensive."

1999 S80 improves w/age

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"I love Volvos. This is my 4th. I have had a ton of trouble with it but since I passed 90,000 nothing much goes wrong. Had horrible experiences that were covered under the extended warranty, ETM, sunroof, front brakes locking, oil leaking into the computer...rats! BUT now she's running great, got 120,000 on it. Love the look of the car, love room, seats r awesome, at the resale probably a good one to look at. Would consider a newer one and will probably keep this now. Typically my Volvos go over 200,000. I'll give it to my college son. Also quite excellent with 4 studs in Colorado snow!"

Quality Car

By on Saturday, September 22, 2007

"I bought my used 2001 S-80 2.9 with 50k miles on it. I also purchased an extened warrany with the car which i strongly recommend. I only have had to do minor maintenance/ repair on it and it was covered by the extended warrany.Which saved me thousands of dollars. The only thing I find quite expensive are replacing the brake pads and rotors. I drive around 20-25k a year with no problems. Driving in and around NYC can be demanding however, this car is up to the task. The tires take the beating from the horrible streets (1 flat in 3 yrs). Very happy with the car for the price I paid."