2011 Volvo S80

9.3

Based on 94 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Get one

By on Thursday, December 18, 2008

"We bought an 08 S80, had it for 3 months. A young man decided not to stop at a stop light and hit the front of our car at around 50mph. EVERYTHING from the front wheels forward was gone, the engine block was broken, the transmission housing was broken, the passenger compartment firewall was dented...BUT the entire occupant cage was completely intact, both my wife and I got out with only minor bruises and contusions! We bought our replacement S80 yesterday. I am now a VOLVO for LIFE customer."

Tremendous comfort on a long drive. Responsive.

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pros: "Awesome, stable, pretty car."

Cons: "Tires for the wheel size are no longer common and are expensive."

"This is my second Volvo. A dramatic improvement over my 1998 Cross Country. Smooth acceleration. Incredible braking. I can only compare the seat comfort to my old BMW 7 series. Great lines. Got over 30 MPG don a recent 3000 mile trip that encompassed both highway and some city driving."

Love the ride of this vehicle!

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "Love to drive in comfort"

Cons: "Not enought cup holders"

"My husband and I had this car as a rental for the week in Florida ans we love it so much that we came back home and traded our BMW and our Durango for not one but two of the S80 Volvo!!!! We are very happy with our choice......"

Comfort, Strength, Style

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Power, handling, MPG, comfort, appearance."

"Have owned this car for four years. Only cost other than routine maintenance were self-inflicted problems. The V-8 roars down the highway and purrs on the backstreets. Still getting about 17mpg around town and 20 on the highway. The suspension is super smooth on the highways, and manages our New England potholes as well as any sedan. The leather seats are comfortable, controls give you every option you want. Moonroof just makes it fun. Even though it's a Volvo, it looks every bit like a European Sports Sedan. Best car I've ever owned."

Has been a great road car, in all types of weather

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "comfort, value, interior fit and finish, awd"

Cons: "gas mileage, low profile rims are delicate"

"Are is very comfortable and reasonably quiet, with plenty of power from turbo six, exec package is attractive and controls are easy to use, mileage of 23-24 on the highway is okay, not great, low profile rims on all season tires can be too delicate for a road bump, trunk is big, and car easily accomodates four large adults, seats are fabulous."

Best vehicle ever owned!

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

Pros: "Good price, comfortable, powerful, good handling"

Cons: "Strange noises, no oil pressure or water temp ga"

"I have 16,000 miles on this S80 and it is extremely comfortable to drive, very quiet and smooth, handles very well and solid feeling. The engine is smooth with plenty of power. Transmission shifts very quickly through the gears and could be a little smoother at times. The most comfortable seats of any car, especially on long trips. 26-27 miles/gal. average highway driving, 18-20 city. The dynaudio sound system is fantastic and the GPS works well and is easy to use. A great car for the money compared to BMW and Mercedes pricing. Great warranty that covers everything for 5yr/60,000 miles, even oil changes and filters. No oil pressure or engine temp. gauge is a negative."

It shows what a car supposed to be

By on Tuesday, February 09, 2010

"I own a 3.2 front wheel drive model, and it is a comfortable one to drive. Not just in driving... but the seats- I love the seats, the enviornment inside the cabin, and the entire feel of the car. It is not jello comfy as a caddie, nor as ambiant sensory deprivaton of the Lexus. It is a middle ground between the European stiffness and the comfort of the Japanese ones. The thing about this car is the 'wholeness' of the entire staying in the car, which means, it is a well balanced car for the pleasure of the driving experince, not just the speed and fun in turning wheels and feeling the G-force. You can experience that in, lets say... a sports car. Anyway, it is definitely not a sports sedan at least the 3.2 model,It does not have the acceleration power which the T6 and V8 model has, but it is adequate for most, and to me, all the driving. So if you want power pay about $4000 more and go for the T6. I saw reviews that the T6 is almost par with the V8 which is the ultimate model of the s80 line up. If you really want the epitome of Swedish automaking - well, not the super super one like Koeenigsegg etc. -go for the V8. It's just a lovely car and about $10K expensive. But it will be fun to own in my point of view. I added the optional BLIS system and it is quite a helpful one. And the catching the timing to change lanes is far less stressful. The last car I had was an SUV and I almost mowed this civic at night and I did not see it in the mirror!!! Consequently I got a chance to witness the expression of the other driver in sign language. I don't think it will happen when I ride the S80. The optional Audio is fantastic. If you like car surround system, it will please the ears You could expect 20~21Mpg city and highway combined. And It is a volvo, IIHS test approved, traditionally regarded to be the safest car maker. If there are things to mention unsatisfactory about the car, lack of compartment to carry stuff is one. The Lack of AWD for the 3.2 is another, a bigger Gas tank would have been good And what else... the navi sys could have been tweaked better. But the compament problem you can fold the back seat so, it will help. AWD if you want one the T6 carries it. Gas tank... fill frequently. I hope they make a larger one volvo if they can. The navi, 2 free upgrades that volvo give will do it. Well, basically this is a luxury sedan for a great price. Thanks for reading"

King of the Road

By on Sunday, November 01, 2009

"I have had this 2010 for one month and when I ordered it I knew it was going to be good but when I took possession it was far better than I expected. The color -Magic Blue, the wheels - Odysseus, the leather -Sand stone beige all make for a good combination. The the ride is smooth and reponsive. I get quite a few looks when I drive especially from Mercedes drivers. I love the roar when the car starts and it has the power when needed. The Adaptive Cruise Control works flawlessly. So far this safety tank on four wheels is awesome!"

S stands for smooth

By on Friday, April 25, 2008

"This is the most refined, comfortable car I have ever owned. I've driven midsized to full size sedans for a long time. This is the best one yet. Acceleration is what I'd expect from an I-6. It won't throw your head back, but it has plenty of power. Handling is superior to anything I driven. It just goes where you point it. The only way I know I'm braking, is by the fact that I've stopped. The high end audio system has the ability to deafen you. Use the highest volume setting with extreme caution. Good job Volvo."

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

"In my fifty years of driving, the last seven cars I've owned have been Volvos. The S-80 is the best I've owned. It's got 130K miles now, and no major maintenance issues (not even a timing belt). The AWD turbo is excellent."

No regrets!

By on Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"When shopping for a new car, almost every vehicle I test drove was several thousand dollars more than the S80. I drove it at the suggestion of a friend and am so happy they made the suggestion. The seats are by far the best ever, this vehicle handles better than the car I previously drove which was almost 30k more. It just proves that the higher price tag doesn't always mean better quality. I am now a Volvo customer for life."

A Lot Of Bang For The Buck

By on Saturday, March 07, 2009

"As a sales professional, I frequently transport clients in my back seat. There is plenty of room for everyone in the S80. I considered all the other luxury/sport sedans on the market. This Volvo offered me the most for the least. More room than any of the similarly priced entry level competitors (318, C class, ES, GS). Love the PCC which lets me unlock and start my car without ever taking my key out of my purse. Love the perforated leather ventilated seats which can be heated or cooled. Though not a german sedan, with the Pirelli summer tires on 18" wheels, I haven't met a corner I didn't like. My lease is up at the end of the month; I've already put a deposit on an 09 T6 with AWD. Competent luxury at a great price."

I Love it!

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "security of having the safest luxury sedan"

Cons: "lower resale value than other luxury brands"

"I purchased my 2012 S80 used. It is mechanically sound and has not had any reliability problems. The 3.2 inline-six is silky smooth and accelerates quickly for such a heavy car. The ride is solid and comfortable. I have the 650-watt 12-speaker sound system and it is awesome! I bought this car over the Benz I was considering in the same price range and have no regrets. The interior is elegant and the seats are the best. Even my friend with a Lexus said my seats are more comfortable! I plan on keeping it for a very long time. It's nice to drive a car that is not so common on the road."

One of The Best

By on Monday, January 07, 2008

"Bought this car in Feb 2006. Have driven it throughout the Chicago area in all types of weather and consistently have averaged 21 - 22 miles per gallon. On a trip to Las Vegas thru Colorado, we averaged 29 - 30 miles per gallon. My wife who is deathly afraid of driving in the mountains happened to be driving as we entered Glenwood Canyon. I asked if she wanted to switch drivers, she said "no". Later that day she told me that for the first time in her life she was not afraid of driving in the mountains. The car handles so well that she felt totally safe and in control at all times. This is from a woman that has been along California 1 north of San Francisco, but has never seen it. By the way I love the turbo the power comes on quickly and accelerates snoothly. Just a great safe car."

Rides like a dream

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Rides like a dream. Extremely comfortable on long trips. You can easily get lost listening to the premium sound system. Onboard bluetooth integrated phone system is simple to operate. The car is built very solid and tight. Overall it's extremely reliable and comfortable transportation, bar none. This is my sixth Volvo and I would buy another Volvo without question."

Perfect In Every Way

By on Friday, July 04, 2008

"I have driven maybe 8 BMWs in a row and was ready for a change. I am glad I did! This is the most comfortable car I have ever driven. The seats are the best on the road. And the car drives like the love child of a BMW 5-series and a Caddy CTS -- the perfect blend of Euro handling and American comfort."

Comfortable and stylish

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, well appointed interior, large trunk"

Cons: "not for curvy twisty roads"

"The Volvo S80 is the flagship of the Volvo line. It performs best when on the open road. The S80's ride is smooth and the seats are comfortable and the instrument package is clean and understandable. Be careful however, not to get a lead foot, since the ride belies the speed you are driving."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Power, comfort, style"

Cons: "poor gas mileage"

"This is a great car."

Outstanding car - comfortable, solid, trouble free

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "Solid, comfortable, reliable"

Cons: "Utilitarian styling, gas mileage, interior leather"

"Bought this car used from the original owner. Runs great and is quiet and solid. I've owned lots of luxury cars and this one is towards the top. It is comfortable, nicely styled, and reliable. I'd buy a new one in an instant. Only downside is the minimalist styling, less than average gas mileage, and staining of the leather (they use eco friendly tanning process which is not as durable as other manufacturers). I[ve had no issues with how it drives and handles. Dealership says that they do not see the new S80 (redesigned in 2007) in for anything other than routine maintenance (I didn't see any other S80's there when I was getting my oil serviced). Great car and awesome value used. More people should be looking for used 2007 S80's in the 15k range instead of Camry's and Accords - way more car, luxurious, and just as reliable. Great job Volvo!"

My most favorite car EVER

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "everything!"

"I'm 54 years old, been driving for 39 years and have never loved a car so much! This is hands down the most fun I have ever had driving :) It's comfortable, safe, reliable, beautiful and FAST. I hope it lasts until my kids take my keys away. If not, I would buy another one without hesitation. When I was car shopping the salesman had to beg me to drive a Volvo, but now I wouldn't consider anything else."

2007 S80 3.2

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"Possibly Volvo's best car to date. Updated styling with very nice lines a dramatic improvement over 06. Car accelerates and handles extremely well compared to competitors in this price range. Could use a few more HP, but V8 not worth the extra $$$. Driver's seat might just be the most comfortable in the industry. If Ford put these seats in all of their makes they would have a lot of happy customers."

Great car!

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

"Comfortable, quick, quiet - love this car! After years of driving a huge SUV, I was delighted to give those keys to my son and be able to tool around in this baby!!!"

Excellent value and driving characteristics

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "You are not overwhelmed by tech but it is there"

Cons: "Leaky door seals. Almost no complaints"

"As we required an all wheel drive vehicle we initially looked at a BMW. I had been a BMW owner for 20 years but when I drove AWD 5 series I didn't like it - felt sluggish off the line and too much technology. The computer screen was very distracting. I then did some more research and found the S80 T6 was actually faster off the line than the BMW as well as $10,000 less. Drove it and fell in love. Especially great on long distance drives - extremely comfortable and cruises with the best of them. But the appropriate comparison is with other AWD vehicles, as most comparable RWD are lighter and therefore faster off the line. But this has plenty of omph. This car is very much under rated head to head but especially so when price is added."

A Sporty Sedan For Volvo Lovers

By on Saturday, February 07, 2009

"End of year good deal on '08 S80 with sports package as prior Volvo owner.PROS:IMPRESSIVE style and profile;Excellent seat comfort w/infinite controls; Easy to operate and accessible controls (many from steering wheel;Great cruise control; Convenience features w/sports package;Quiet;Roomy;Good visibility;Regular gas. CONS:More texture in lthr seats(a bit slippery);MPG (25-29 on trip) less than my '99 S70 (27-30); DSTC default should be OFF not ON (better mileage);Low profile tire expensive, stiff ride, wider cornering, less mpg;Narrow entry to large trunk;Little history on new engine design;Satellite radio, all wthr mats and more options should be incl in price. A SPORTY SEDAN FOR VOLVO LOVERS (A Good Alternative to a BMW)"

This is a beautiful, very safe car

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Incredibly beautiful car with many safety features"

"It is one of the safest cars on the road. It has every safety feature possible. Cameras completely surround the outside of the car and alert you when you are approaching anything. It automatically stops when the car in front stops. It flashes a light when cars approach on the side. It has air conditioned front seats and an excellent sound system. I bought this car because of its safety features. It has an I system that alerts you if anybody has gotten into your car and is not visible. It has amazing features. It is computerized and literally tells you everything about the car, including telling you your tires are low. It is in perfect condition."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next