• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2011 Volvo S80

9.3

Based on 93 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Comfort, Strength, Style

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Power, handling, MPG, comfort, appearance."

"Have owned this car for four years. Only cost other than routine maintenance were self-inflicted problems. The V-8 roars down the highway and purrs on the backstreets. Still getting about 17mpg around town and 20 on the highway. The suspension is super smooth on the highways, and manages our New England potholes as well as any sedan. The leather seats are comfortable, controls give you every option you want. Moonroof just makes it fun. Even though it's a Volvo, it looks every bit like a European Sports Sedan. Best car I've ever owned."

Excellent value and driving characteristics

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "You are not overwhelmed by tech but it is there"

Cons: "Leaky door seals. Almost no complaints"

"As we required an all wheel drive vehicle we initially looked at a BMW. I had been a BMW owner for 20 years but when I drove AWD 5 series I didn't like it - felt sluggish off the line and too much technology. The computer screen was very distracting. I then did some more research and found the S80 T6 was actually faster off the line than the BMW as well as $10,000 less. Drove it and fell in love. Especially great on long distance drives - extremely comfortable and cruises with the best of them. But the appropriate comparison is with other AWD vehicles, as most comparable RWD are lighter and therefore faster off the line. But this has plenty of omph. This car is very much under rated head to head but especially so when price is added."

The Volvo is a class of its own.

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "Ventilated Massage Seats will spoil you forever."

Cons: "Not for the economy minded."

"You feel well taken care of when riding in a Volvo. Performance is exceptional, Handling is spot on, Styling is an acquired taste that either you like or you hate. Value is fair due to massive depreciation."

Very comfortable, reasonable power.

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Price, good ride, great safety features."

Cons: "Nothing yet."

"Bought this car (2103) as an Executive Demo with ~6K on it. Had a minor issue with the Parking Sensors requiring service - Ened up being a loose cable - but other than that its been great. This vehicle came fully loaded. It is very comfortable and has adequate HP. It's the T6 AWD. New England winters require that. Best features I like are the BLIS and Lane Departure Warning System. The ride is outstanding and is very comfortable on longer rides. Cannot comment on reliability yet."

I Love it!

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "security of having the safest luxury sedan"

Cons: "lower resale value than other luxury brands"

"I purchased my 2012 S80 used. It is mechanically sound and has not had any reliability problems. The 3.2 inline-six is silky smooth and accelerates quickly for such a heavy car. The ride is solid and comfortable. I have the 650-watt 12-speaker sound system and it is awesome! I bought this car over the Benz I was considering in the same price range and have no regrets. The interior is elegant and the seats are the best. Even my friend with a Lexus said my seats are more comfortable! I plan on keeping it for a very long time. It's nice to drive a car that is not so common on the road."

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

"In my fifty years of driving, the last seven cars I've owned have been Volvos. The S-80 is the best I've owned. It's got 130K miles now, and no major maintenance issues (not even a timing belt). The AWD turbo is excellent."

I LOVE This Car!

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "Style, comfort, affordability"

Cons: "None!"

Merry Christmas from my wonderful husband.

"I use to be a Lexus person, until I drove this car. Every time I drive it I love it more. It is comfortable, fast and classy looking. I get around 25 MPG overall and this includes a mixture of city/hwy driving. The people at the Volvo dealership were the very best to work with. I will never own anything but a Volvo. I'm in love for life!"

Merry Christmas from my wonderful husband.

Comfortable and stylish

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, well appointed interior, large trunk"

Cons: "not for curvy twisty roads"

"The Volvo S80 is the flagship of the Volvo line. It performs best when on the open road. The S80's ride is smooth and the seats are comfortable and the instrument package is clean and understandable. Be careful however, not to get a lead foot, since the ride belies the speed you are driving."

nice car

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "nice car car,very safe."

Cons: "well......,Very Dull."

"Dull to drive. very comfortable seats, nice quiet ride V8 powerful,"

Dissappointed

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "looks/soundsystem/comfort/gas mileage"

Cons: "interior fading/rides rough"

"I purchased this car in April 2012. I loved the look of the vehicle and the test drive was really great. Car had 47k on it when I purchased it. At about 50k i noticed a constant bump noise at low speeds. Come to find out, there were flat spots on NEW tires that caused the noise. Suspension issue. Then my trunk latch broke, bluetooth has to be reset often. Interior is fading and seats are not as durable and seemingly cracking more than a vehicle with 61k should be. I am very dissappointed in Volvo's "flagship" vehicle. I am taking it to the dealer to make sure that there are no transmission issues as the vehicle rpm's raise when there is NO incline and there is a spring like noise pop when ever I start up and take off in the mornings. Advisor states that is a typical noise for Volvo's testing the ABS or something to that effect.. I was going to purchase a Honda Crosstour instead of this but wanted to keep a bit of luxury coming from a BMW... I should have purchased the Honda."