2009 Volvo S80

Based on 99 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

Love the ride of this vehicle!

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "Love to drive in comfort"

Cons: "Not enought cup holders"

"My husband and I had this car as a rental for the week in Florida ans we love it so much that we came back home and traded our BMW and our Durango for not one but two of the S80 Volvo!!!! We are very happy with our choice......"

Safe, comfortable and affordable luxury

By on Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, style, safety, nicely bundled convenience packages, great local dealer"

Cons: "high pressure turbo adds power but sacrifices mileage, a bit jerky around town"

"January 2011 traded fully equipped 2008 Sport S80 in excellent condition for 2011 T6 AWD with many convenience features, e.g. adaptive cruise,collision warning, rear park assist, blis,serius radio, heated/colled seats. Sacrificed some mileage (was getting over 30 on trips- now under 26), but retained comfort and gained the desired safety in all weather conditions. Plenty of power on road, but a bit jerky around town. Had a 1999 S70 with low pressure turbo and wish Volvo had kept that for newer models-greater gas mileage and much smoother.Volvo options better bundled and priced than the a la art options offered by BMW, Audi et al. Got the safe and secure package and love my local dealer."

Comfort, Strength, Style

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Power, handling, MPG, comfort, appearance."

"Have owned this car for four years. Only cost other than routine maintenance were self-inflicted problems. The V-8 roars down the highway and purrs on the backstreets. Still getting about 17mpg around town and 20 on the highway. The suspension is super smooth on the highways, and manages our New England potholes as well as any sedan. The leather seats are comfortable, controls give you every option you want. Moonroof just makes it fun. Even though it's a Volvo, it looks every bit like a European Sports Sedan. Best car I've ever owned."

Has been a great road car, in all types of weather

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "comfort, value, interior fit and finish, awd"

Cons: "gas mileage, low profile rims are delicate"

"Are is very comfortable and reasonably quiet, with plenty of power from turbo six, exec package is attractive and controls are easy to use, mileage of 23-24 on the highway is okay, not great, low profile rims on all season tires can be too delicate for a road bump, trunk is big, and car easily accomodates four large adults, seats are fabulous."

Best vehicle ever owned!

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

Pros: "Good price, comfortable, powerful, good handling"

Cons: "Strange noises, no oil pressure or water temp ga"

"I have 16,000 miles on this S80 and it is extremely comfortable to drive, very quiet and smooth, handles very well and solid feeling. The engine is smooth with plenty of power. Transmission shifts very quickly through the gears and could be a little smoother at times. The most comfortable seats of any car, especially on long trips. 26-27 miles/gal. average highway driving, 18-20 city. The dynaudio sound system is fantastic and the GPS works well and is easy to use. A great car for the money compared to BMW and Mercedes pricing. Great warranty that covers everything for 5yr/60,000 miles, even oil changes and filters. No oil pressure or engine temp. gauge is a negative."

Purchase used

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "Reliable"

"Replaced our 2001 S60 with the 2010 S80, and our son now owns the S60. The Volvo is driven mainly by my wife and she loves it. The S80 has more room and very safe features. This is our 3rd Volvo, the 1st was a 1977 Station Wagon purchased new when we were having and raising children. Volvos are long-lasting and keep an up-to-date appearance."

It shows what a car supposed to be

By on Tuesday, February 09, 2010

"I own a 3.2 front wheel drive model, and it is a comfortable one to drive. Not just in driving... but the seats- I love the seats, the enviornment inside the cabin, and the entire feel of the car. It is not jello comfy as a caddie, nor as ambiant sensory deprivaton of the Lexus. It is a middle ground between the European stiffness and the comfort of the Japanese ones. The thing about this car is the 'wholeness' of the entire staying in the car, which means, it is a well balanced car for the pleasure of the driving experince, not just the speed and fun in turning wheels and feeling the G-force. You can experience that in, lets say... a sports car. Anyway, it is definitely not a sports sedan at least the 3.2 model,It does not have the acceleration power which the T6 and V8 model has, but it is adequate for most, and to me, all the driving. So if you want power pay about $4000 more and go for the T6. I saw reviews that the T6 is almost par with the V8 which is the ultimate model of the s80 line up. If you really want the epitome of Swedish automaking - well, not the super super one like Koeenigsegg etc. -go for the V8. It's just a lovely car and about $10K expensive. But it will be fun to own in my point of view. I added the optional BLIS system and it is quite a helpful one. And the catching the timing to change lanes is far less stressful. The last car I had was an SUV and I almost mowed this civic at night and I did not see it in the mirror!!! Consequently I got a chance to witness the expression of the other driver in sign language. I don't think it will happen when I ride the S80. The optional Audio is fantastic. If you like car surround system, it will please the ears You could expect 20~21Mpg city and highway combined. And It is a volvo, IIHS test approved, traditionally regarded to be the safest car maker. If there are things to mention unsatisfactory about the car, lack of compartment to carry stuff is one. The Lack of AWD for the 3.2 is another, a bigger Gas tank would have been good And what else... the navi sys could have been tweaked better. But the compament problem you can fold the back seat so, it will help. AWD if you want one the T6 carries it. Gas tank... fill frequently. I hope they make a larger one volvo if they can. The navi, 2 free upgrades that volvo give will do it. Well, basically this is a luxury sedan for a great price. Thanks for reading"

King of the Road

By on Sunday, November 01, 2009

"I have had this 2010 for one month and when I ordered it I knew it was going to be good but when I took possession it was far better than I expected. The color -Magic Blue, the wheels - Odysseus, the leather -Sand stone beige all make for a good combination. The the ride is smooth and reponsive. I get quite a few looks when I drive especially from Mercedes drivers. I love the roar when the car starts and it has the power when needed. The Adaptive Cruise Control works flawlessly. So far this safety tank on four wheels is awesome!"

S stands for smooth

By on Friday, April 25, 2008

"This is the most refined, comfortable car I have ever owned. I've driven midsized to full size sedans for a long time. This is the best one yet. Acceleration is what I'd expect from an I-6. It won't throw your head back, but it has plenty of power. Handling is superior to anything I driven. It just goes where you point it. The only way I know I'm braking, is by the fact that I've stopped. The high end audio system has the ability to deafen you. Use the highest volume setting with extreme caution. Good job Volvo."

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

"In my fifty years of driving, the last seven cars I've owned have been Volvos. The S-80 is the best I've owned. It's got 130K miles now, and no major maintenance issues (not even a timing belt). The AWD turbo is excellent."