• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2009 Volvo S80

9.3

Based on 93 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

'08 S80 V8 sport pkg

By on Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"I recently purchased an '08 S80 V8 w/ 8K miles in silver w/ the sport pkg. MSRP was $54K , paid exactly 1/2. Traveled to DC area to buy it from a Volvo dealer who used the car a svc loaner, so technically it was used, but had all the books, window sticker, etc. Drove it back last month to NE Ohio; love the power, comfort and value! Was about to purchase a Jag XF or '09 Mecedes E350 Sport, but found this car instead. I like the fact that I seldom see any and having the extra power on-tap, but usually just cruising in it easy. I do wish it was somewhat smaller and lighter, but compared to the new Taurus SHO & MKS, it seems tiny. These are underated and great cars IMO and highly recommended, especially pre-owned."

I love my S80

By on Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"I leased my S80 V8 with Sport package and I love it! They had an incredible deal on the 36 month lease which I just couldn't pass up. The power and growl of the V8 is spectacular. The AWD is good (not great) but with the addition of some decent all weather tires I had no problems even during one of the worst winters on record. The car is highly comfortable and allthough it doesn't have all the bells & whistle of a Lexus, that's not really a bad thing. I would personally never buy a Lexus or Mercedes anyway. I gave up my big Land Rover (which I also loved) for the S80 and I am really very happy. Dealer service is fantastic. Even though this car is much smaller than my old SUV I still feel very safe. This car is extremely solid and well made!"

great car for the buck

By on Saturday, March 06, 2010

"I have owned this car for two years, no problems at all. I have had to take it in two times though, for software updates to to computer. A excellant car that is fun to drive, the T6 with twin turbo is spunky without over powering. The AWD goes quite well in the northern states winter weather. If the brand was not in danger I would recommend it with out question."

Love My S80

By on Saturday, February 13, 2010

"This is my second S80. The comfort and reliability are second to none. I've owned many of it's competitors and find the S80 the best overall value. It was many thousands of dollars cheaper than the lexus, BMW, mercedes, and cadillac. Way to go Volvo."

I love everything about this car

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Best value for European luxury,great warranty"

Cons: "Compass in mirror not standard"

"Consider getting the Dynamic package for a more sporty ride and looks. Main reason for buying was the free overseas delivery program Volvo offers. Can't be beat! Free air fare,hotel,factory tour. Volvo people treat you like royalty,and you save a bundle. I love when people comment on my license plate holder "factory delivery center,Gothenburg Sweden". Love the anti collision system"

Exceptional Value

By on Monday, November 16, 2009

"The best value in it's class. The 2007 used is $7000 cheaper than the 5 series BMW, mercedes E class, or cadillac CTS. 25000 miles and has never been in the shop except for oil changes. The comfort is second to none. I've owned mercedes and bmw and there is no comparison for what you get at this price point. It's much cheaper to maintain. I will be a loyal Volvo owner as long as they produce a vehicle this good."

Get one

By on Thursday, December 18, 2008

"We bought an 08 S80, had it for 3 months. A young man decided not to stop at a stop light and hit the front of our car at around 50mph. EVERYTHING from the front wheels forward was gone, the engine block was broken, the transmission housing was broken, the passenger compartment firewall was dented...BUT the entire occupant cage was completely intact, both my wife and I got out with only minor bruises and contusions! We bought our replacement S80 yesterday. I am now a VOLVO for LIFE customer."

Tremendous comfort on a long drive. Responsive.

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pros: "Awesome, stable, pretty car."

Cons: "Tires for the wheel size are no longer common and are expensive."

"This is my second Volvo. A dramatic improvement over my 1998 Cross Country. Smooth acceleration. Incredible braking. I can only compare the seat comfort to my old BMW 7 series. Great lines. Got over 30 MPG don a recent 3000 mile trip that encompassed both highway and some city driving."

Love the ride of this vehicle!

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "Love to drive in comfort"

Cons: "Not enought cup holders"

"My husband and I had this car as a rental for the week in Florida ans we love it so much that we came back home and traded our BMW and our Durango for not one but two of the S80 Volvo!!!! We are very happy with our choice......"

Has been a great road car, in all types of weather

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "comfort, value, interior fit and finish, awd"

Cons: "gas mileage, low profile rims are delicate"

"Are is very comfortable and reasonably quiet, with plenty of power from turbo six, exec package is attractive and controls are easy to use, mileage of 23-24 on the highway is okay, not great, low profile rims on all season tires can be too delicate for a road bump, trunk is big, and car easily accomodates four large adults, seats are fabulous."