2008 Volvo S80

Based on 100 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

King of the Road

By on Sunday, November 1, 2009

"I have had this 2010 for one month and when I ordered it I knew it was going to be good but when I took possession it was far better than I expected. The color -Magic Blue, the wheels - Odysseus, the leather -Sand stone beige all make for a good combination. The the ride is smooth and reponsive. I get quite a few looks when I drive especially from Mercedes drivers. I love the roar when the car starts and it has the power when needed. The Adaptive Cruise Control works flawlessly. So far this safety tank on four wheels is awesome!"

S stands for smooth

By on Friday, April 25, 2008

"This is the most refined, comfortable car I have ever owned. I've driven midsized to full size sedans for a long time. This is the best one yet. Acceleration is what I'd expect from an I-6. It won't throw your head back, but it has plenty of power. Handling is superior to anything I driven. It just goes where you point it. The only way I know I'm braking, is by the fact that I've stopped. The high end audio system has the ability to deafen you. Use the highest volume setting with extreme caution. Good job Volvo."

Best car I've ever owned.

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

"In my fifty years of driving, the last seven cars I've owned have been Volvos. The S-80 is the best I've owned. It's got 130K miles now, and no major maintenance issues (not even a timing belt). The AWD turbo is excellent."

Comfortable, reliable, nice car

By on Sunday, January 10, 2016

Pros: "power, handling, brakes seat comfort"

Cons: "BLIS, occaasional AM static"

"I have an '11 T6 AWD and couldn't be happier. After 4 years and almost 50K miles, no issues, only had maintenance which was part of the warranty when I bought it new. The AWD tracks beautifully all the time, and goes through anything in the winter without hesitation with snows - almost could park it on the side of a building. I average 21 mpg overall, best has been 33; not bad. Solid handling, great ride, strong brakes, awesome seat comfort, and quick enough when you want it: 0-60 in 6.1 seconds according to the specs. I have had over 15 cars of different makes and this one has been the best. I normally switch every 3 years or so, but planning on keeping this one a while longer. Paint & interior are standing up very well, better than others I have owned. Shortcomings: Depreciation is steep on this car, don't know why - probably because it isn't sexy with lots of electronics like BMW and Audi; but that makes it a good buy if looking used, and the police won't pay you much attention(!). I have a lot of chips in the windshield, but probably due to time on the highway and the last few winters here that have been tougher than normal (glass is glass). The Blind Spot system (BLIS) falses a lot and is essentially useless in the rain, so I consider it merely a "suggestion". This is our 3th Volvo; we had good luck with the other ones so decided on this one when it was time. Love the safety on this car, and all Volvos."

No regrets!

By on Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"When shopping for a new car, almost every vehicle I test drove was several thousand dollars more than the S80. I drove it at the suggestion of a friend and am so happy they made the suggestion. The seats are by far the best ever, this vehicle handles better than the car I previously drove which was almost 30k more. It just proves that the higher price tag doesn't always mean better quality. I am now a Volvo customer for life."

A Lot Of Bang For The Buck

By on Saturday, March 7, 2009

"As a sales professional, I frequently transport clients in my back seat. There is plenty of room for everyone in the S80. I considered all the other luxury/sport sedans on the market. This Volvo offered me the most for the least. More room than any of the similarly priced entry level competitors (318, C class, ES, GS). Love the PCC which lets me unlock and start my car without ever taking my key out of my purse. Love the perforated leather ventilated seats which can be heated or cooled. Though not a german sedan, with the Pirelli summer tires on 18" wheels, I haven't met a corner I didn't like. My lease is up at the end of the month; I've already put a deposit on an 09 T6 with AWD. Competent luxury at a great price."

I Love it!

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "security of having the safest luxury sedan"

Cons: "lower resale value than other luxury brands"

"I purchased my 2012 S80 used. It is mechanically sound and has not had any reliability problems. The 3.2 inline-six is silky smooth and accelerates quickly for such a heavy car. The ride is solid and comfortable. I have the 650-watt 12-speaker sound system and it is awesome! I bought this car over the Benz I was considering in the same price range and have no regrets. The interior is elegant and the seats are the best. Even my friend with a Lexus said my seats are more comfortable! I plan on keeping it for a very long time. It's nice to drive a car that is not so common on the road."

Keeping this until it dies

By on Thursday, March 24, 2011

"Bought the vehicles for city driving after it served as a dealer service loaner with 5k miles. It has not disappointed me. My second Volvo, plan on keeping this one until it dies. Now with 41,000 miles, bought tires, done basic service, but no major problems, service, or recalls. I gave Performance "4 stars" for "good", but the 3.2 I bought is perfect for my driving habits. It is not about performance for me. That is why they make a turbo. Drives great in snow, ice, rain, and dry conditions. Love the BLIS (blind spot warning lights) in traffic. The climate package and rubber floor mats are a must for northern climates. Gas mileage has been 17mpg in city, 25 on highway, but 30 if I drive 65mph. Great basic stereo. I rear ended a SUV at idle speed and suffered a minimal surface scratch to the front end. The SUV needed $1,100 in repairs. Negatives: For a family of five, wish it had more interior and trunk room on longer road trips. But that's not why we bought it. I would recommend the '08 S80!"

One of The Best

By on Monday, January 7, 2008

"Bought this car in Feb 2006. Have driven it throughout the Chicago area in all types of weather and consistently have averaged 21 - 22 miles per gallon. On a trip to Las Vegas thru Colorado, we averaged 29 - 30 miles per gallon. My wife who is deathly afraid of driving in the mountains happened to be driving as we entered Glenwood Canyon. I asked if she wanted to switch drivers, she said "no". Later that day she told me that for the first time in her life she was not afraid of driving in the mountains. The car handles so well that she felt totally safe and in control at all times. This is from a woman that has been along California 1 north of San Francisco, but has never seen it. By the way I love the turbo the power comes on quickly and accelerates snoothly. Just a great safe car."

Comfortable and stylish

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, well appointed interior, large trunk"

Cons: "not for curvy twisty roads"

"The Volvo S80 is the flagship of the Volvo line. It performs best when on the open road. The S80's ride is smooth and the seats are comfortable and the instrument package is clean and understandable. Be careful however, not to get a lead foot, since the ride belies the speed you are driving."

Most comfortable, reliable and low maintenance car

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "Awesome sound system, Fun to drive, Good storage"

Cons: "Visors dotn't extend far, small glove box"

"This car is has POWER, is really quiet, and handles just as well as when I boght it and the exterior and interior maintain excellantly. I love the divideable storage area in the trunk and that there is so much room. The sound system is awesome too."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Sunday, March 27, 2011

"Have had this vehicle for two years. PCS= Performance, Comfort, Safety. Without a doubt the most comfortable seats ever, powerfull acceleration, and the legendary safety of a Volvo. Car is solid, love it."

Quite Elegance

By on Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Clean lines inside and out. Interior is especially pleasing to the eye, the subtle lines of the dash, heck that's how I'd characterized the exterior as well. Love the Sandstone leather interior. Stereo (Dyaudio) is a winner w/ the USB connection. So far no concerns about quality. Engine is adequate; 3.2 L, ride is certainly comfortable. Clearly near luxury for less than its competitors."

Rides like a dream

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Rides like a dream. Extremely comfortable on long trips. You can easily get lost listening to the premium sound system. Onboard bluetooth integrated phone system is simple to operate. The car is built very solid and tight. Overall it's extremely reliable and comfortable transportation, bar none. This is my sixth Volvo and I would buy another Volvo without question."

Perfect In Every Way

By on Friday, July 4, 2008

"I have driven maybe 8 BMWs in a row and was ready for a change. I am glad I did! This is the most comfortable car I have ever driven. The seats are the best on the road. And the car drives like the love child of a BMW 5-series and a Caddy CTS -- the perfect blend of Euro handling and American comfort."

Purchase used

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "Reliable"

"Replaced our 2001 S60 with the 2010 S80, and our son now owns the S60. The Volvo is driven mainly by my wife and she loves it. The S80 has more room and very safe features. This is our 3rd Volvo, the 1st was a 1977 Station Wagon purchased new when we were having and raising children. Volvos are long-lasting and keep an up-to-date appearance."

Best vehicle ever owned!

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

Pros: "Good price, comfortable, powerful, good handling"

Cons: "Strange noises, no oil pressure or water temp ga"

"I have 16,000 miles on this S80 and it is extremely comfortable to drive, very quiet and smooth, handles very well and solid feeling. The engine is smooth with plenty of power. Transmission shifts very quickly through the gears and could be a little smoother at times. The most comfortable seats of any car, especially on long trips. 26-27 miles/gal. average highway driving, 18-20 city. The dynaudio sound system is fantastic and the GPS works well and is easy to use. A great car for the money compared to BMW and Mercedes pricing. Great warranty that covers everything for 5yr/60,000 miles, even oil changes and filters. No oil pressure or engine temp. gauge is a negative."

Saying I love it will not do it justice!

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"Exceptional ride and comfort. Low interior noise. Great performance. Will never own a Mercedes again! Way better car for the money."

This is a great car! Comfortable and Reliable

By on Monday, February 1, 2016

Pros: "Seats, drivability, looks and gas mileage"

Cons: "No Accessible USB plugs on dash"

"I bought this car as a demo and have never been more pleased both in quality, dependability and comfort. First Volvo and will not be my last. I do a mix of intown and highway and surpassed the EPA estimates on mileage with average around 28 with as high as 35 on the highway. Not a barn burner on the starting block, but has plenty of power when you need it. The front seats are awesome and comfortable on long rides and the rear seats actually will hold three adults in comfort. Will probably keep as a second car as soon as the new XC 90 is out!"

Best car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Power, comfort, style"

Cons: "poor gas mileage"

"This is a great car."

Outstanding car - comfortable, solid, trouble free

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "Solid, comfortable, reliable"

Cons: "Utilitarian styling, gas mileage, interior leather"

"Bought this car used from the original owner. Runs great and is quiet and solid. I've owned lots of luxury cars and this one is towards the top. It is comfortable, nicely styled, and reliable. I'd buy a new one in an instant. Only downside is the minimalist styling, less than average gas mileage, and staining of the leather (they use eco friendly tanning process which is not as durable as other manufacturers). I[ve had no issues with how it drives and handles. Dealership says that they do not see the new S80 (redesigned in 2007) in for anything other than routine maintenance (I didn't see any other S80's there when I was getting my oil serviced). Great car and awesome value used. More people should be looking for used 2007 S80's in the 15k range instead of Camry's and Accords - way more car, luxurious, and just as reliable. Great job Volvo!"

My most favorite car EVER

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "everything!"

"I'm 54 years old, been driving for 39 years and have never loved a car so much! This is hands down the most fun I have ever had driving :) It's comfortable, safe, reliable, beautiful and FAST. I hope it lasts until my kids take my keys away. If not, I would buy another one without hesitation. When I was car shopping the salesman had to beg me to drive a Volvo, but now I wouldn't consider anything else."

2007 S80 3.2

By on Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Possibly Volvo's best car to date. Updated styling with very nice lines a dramatic improvement over 06. Car accelerates and handles extremely well compared to competitors in this price range. Could use a few more HP, but V8 not worth the extra $$$. Driver's seat might just be the most comfortable in the industry. If Ford put these seats in all of their makes they would have a lot of happy customers."

Great car!

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

"Comfortable, quick, quiet - love this car! After years of driving a huge SUV, I was delighted to give those keys to my son and be able to tool around in this baby!!!"

Excellent value and driving characteristics

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "You are not overwhelmed by tech but it is there"

Cons: "Leaky door seals. Almost no complaints"

"As we required an all wheel drive vehicle we initially looked at a BMW. I had been a BMW owner for 20 years but when I drove AWD 5 series I didn't like it - felt sluggish off the line and too much technology. The computer screen was very distracting. I then did some more research and found the S80 T6 was actually faster off the line than the BMW as well as $10,000 less. Drove it and fell in love. Especially great on long distance drives - extremely comfortable and cruises with the best of them. But the appropriate comparison is with other AWD vehicles, as most comparable RWD are lighter and therefore faster off the line. But this has plenty of omph. This car is very much under rated head to head but especially so when price is added."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next