2007 Volvo S80

Based on 100 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Very nice car. Traditional Volvo Styling

By on Friday, March 4, 2016

Pros: "Fit and finish, value performance."

Cons: "old styling."

"The car drives excellent, has good power and is very efficient. The interior is plush and the fit and finish is superb. Love the feel of the car and the smooth, quiet power delivery. Two minor complaints: The navigation system is about 100 feet away from your location. Had the dealer update the software, but no joy, still tells me to turn as I pass the street. Second, I frequently push the rear seat headrest release when I mean to push the seat heater. Its location on the panel should be more remote. Otherwise, fantastic car."

'08 S80 V8 sport pkg

By on Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"I recently purchased an '08 S80 V8 w/ 8K miles in silver w/ the sport pkg. MSRP was $54K , paid exactly 1/2. Traveled to DC area to buy it from a Volvo dealer who used the car a svc loaner, so technically it was used, but had all the books, window sticker, etc. Drove it back last month to NE Ohio; love the power, comfort and value! Was about to purchase a Jag XF or '09 Mecedes E350 Sport, but found this car instead. I like the fact that I seldom see any and having the extra power on-tap, but usually just cruising in it easy. I do wish it was somewhat smaller and lighter, but compared to the new Taurus SHO & MKS, it seems tiny. These are underated and great cars IMO and highly recommended, especially pre-owned."

Comfort, Strength, Style

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Power, handling, MPG, comfort, appearance."

"Have owned this car for four years. Only cost other than routine maintenance were self-inflicted problems. The V-8 roars down the highway and purrs on the backstreets. Still getting about 17mpg around town and 20 on the highway. The suspension is super smooth on the highways, and manages our New England potholes as well as any sedan. The leather seats are comfortable, controls give you every option you want. Moonroof just makes it fun. Even though it's a Volvo, it looks every bit like a European Sports Sedan. Best car I've ever owned."

Wonderful car

By on Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pros: "Great handling, safety on highway"

"I keep this car maintained by the dealer and have no problems with it. It is the best car I have ever owned. Beats my Toyota and Honda cold - worth the extra cost, since no additional repairs have been required, unlike eithe the Toyota or Honda - total cost of ownership is much better."

Very comfortable. reliable, and good looking

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Agian, comfortable, reliable, great looking,"

"I have owned many cars in my driving life. This is probably the best overall value. It was almost 10k cheaper than the 5 series BMW, lexus, and M/B. Well done Volvo."

By on Thursday, February 24, 2011

"Handles wet roads like a dream. Milage is good for a all wheel drive, handle the road well and goes over the steep grades like they were not there."

One great car.

By on Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Great style. Awesome acceleration with the Yamaha V8. Owned it 3 years and have had to do nothing but oil changes and tires (of course)."

LOVE MY NEW VOLVO

By on Sunday, January 2, 2011

"FROM A LEXUS LUXURY SEDAN INTO THIS SWEDISH SPENDOR. DRIVES LIKE A BENTLY, COMFORT OF A MAYBACH, PERFORMANCE OF A PORSCHE. I LOVE THIS CAR AND EVERY ONE OF ITS FEATURES, DEPENDABILITY, NO PRESSURE SALES, PRICING, FEATURES, TECHNOLOGY AND SAFETY. BEST CAR FOR THE MONEY ON THE US MARKET."

Awesome Vehicle!

By on Sunday, November 21, 2010

"Hands down an outstanding car! This is the third Volvo I have bought and is the best of the fleet that I now own. I have an 02 S60, 07 C70, and now a 2010 S80 and for the $$$ you pay, you get a whole lot vehicle. Especially in my case, as I purchased all mine while station in Germany as a member of the US military. You cannot go wrong by purchasing a Volvo, no matter which model you like. My only recommendation is, if you are buying one, take the factory delivery option and make a vacation of it. I guarantee you will not regret it."

Love my S80

By on Monday, May 17, 2010

"I have an '09 3.2, black with tan leather. Love the looks , ride and comfort. Only problem was a failed power steering rack which is very unusual. These racks rarely go bad, if ever and mine must have had an undetected defect. Power is very good when you want it, especially on the highway when passing, stomp on the gas and it takes off! Around town the power is very reserved when you are light on the pedal, but from a stop if you are aggressive when pulling into traffic, the car takes off in a much more spirited manner, it flies! I have owned 5 other Volvos and this one is by far the best all around Volvo I have owned."

I love my S80

By on Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"I leased my S80 V8 with Sport package and I love it! They had an incredible deal on the 36 month lease which I just couldn't pass up. The power and growl of the V8 is spectacular. The AWD is good (not great) but with the addition of some decent all weather tires I had no problems even during one of the worst winters on record. The car is highly comfortable and allthough it doesn't have all the bells & whistle of a Lexus, that's not really a bad thing. I would personally never buy a Lexus or Mercedes anyway. I gave up my big Land Rover (which I also loved) for the S80 and I am really very happy. Dealer service is fantastic. Even though this car is much smaller than my old SUV I still feel very safe. This car is extremely solid and well made!"

great car for the buck

By on Saturday, March 6, 2010

"I have owned this car for two years, no problems at all. I have had to take it in two times though, for software updates to to computer. A excellant car that is fun to drive, the T6 with twin turbo is spunky without over powering. The AWD goes quite well in the northern states winter weather. If the brand was not in danger I would recommend it with out question."

Love My S80

By on Saturday, February 13, 2010

"This is my second S80. The comfort and reliability are second to none. I've owned many of it's competitors and find the S80 the best overall value. It was many thousands of dollars cheaper than the lexus, BMW, mercedes, and cadillac. Way to go Volvo."

I love everything about this car

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Best value for European luxury,great warranty"

Cons: "Compass in mirror not standard"

"Consider getting the Dynamic package for a more sporty ride and looks. Main reason for buying was the free overseas delivery program Volvo offers. Can't be beat! Free air fare,hotel,factory tour. Volvo people treat you like royalty,and you save a bundle. I love when people comment on my license plate holder "factory delivery center,Gothenburg Sweden". Love the anti collision system"

Exceptional Value

By on Monday, November 16, 2009

"The best value in it's class. The 2007 used is $7000 cheaper than the 5 series BMW, mercedes E class, or cadillac CTS. 25000 miles and has never been in the shop except for oil changes. The comfort is second to none. I've owned mercedes and bmw and there is no comparison for what you get at this price point. It's much cheaper to maintain. I will be a loyal Volvo owner as long as they produce a vehicle this good."

Get one

By on Thursday, December 18, 2008

"We bought an 08 S80, had it for 3 months. A young man decided not to stop at a stop light and hit the front of our car at around 50mph. EVERYTHING from the front wheels forward was gone, the engine block was broken, the transmission housing was broken, the passenger compartment firewall was dented...BUT the entire occupant cage was completely intact, both my wife and I got out with only minor bruises and contusions! We bought our replacement S80 yesterday. I am now a VOLVO for LIFE customer."

Tremendous comfort on a long drive. Responsive.

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pros: "Awesome, stable, pretty car."

Cons: "Tires for the wheel size are no longer common and are expensive."

"This is my second Volvo. A dramatic improvement over my 1998 Cross Country. Smooth acceleration. Incredible braking. I can only compare the seat comfort to my old BMW 7 series. Great lines. Got over 30 MPG don a recent 3000 mile trip that encompassed both highway and some city driving."

Very comfortable, reasonable power.

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Price, good ride, great safety features."

Cons: "Nothing yet."

"Bought this car (2103) as an Executive Demo with ~6K on it. Had a minor issue with the Parking Sensors requiring service - Ened up being a loose cable - but other than that its been great. This vehicle came fully loaded. It is very comfortable and has adequate HP. It's the T6 AWD. New England winters require that. Best features I like are the BLIS and Lane Departure Warning System. The ride is outstanding and is very comfortable on longer rides. Cannot comment on reliability yet."

Love the ride of this vehicle!

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "Love to drive in comfort"

Cons: "Not enought cup holders"

"My husband and I had this car as a rental for the week in Florida ans we love it so much that we came back home and traded our BMW and our Durango for not one but two of the S80 Volvo!!!! We are very happy with our choice......"

Safe, comfortable and affordable luxury

By on Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, style, safety, nicely bundled convenience packages, great local dealer"

Cons: "high pressure turbo adds power but sacrifices mileage, a bit jerky around town"

"January 2011 traded fully equipped 2008 Sport S80 in excellent condition for 2011 T6 AWD with many convenience features, e.g. adaptive cruise,collision warning, rear park assist, blis,serius radio, heated/colled seats. Sacrificed some mileage (was getting over 30 on trips- now under 26), but retained comfort and gained the desired safety in all weather conditions. Plenty of power on road, but a bit jerky around town. Had a 1999 S70 with low pressure turbo and wish Volvo had kept that for newer models-greater gas mileage and much smoother.Volvo options better bundled and priced than the a la art options offered by BMW, Audi et al. Got the safe and secure package and love my local dealer."

Comfortable, reliable, nice car

By on Sunday, January 10, 2016

Pros: "power, handling, brakes seat comfort"

Cons: "BLIS, occaasional AM static"

"I have an '11 T6 AWD and couldn't be happier. After 4 years and almost 50K miles, no issues, only had maintenance which was part of the warranty when I bought it new. The AWD tracks beautifully all the time, and goes through anything in the winter without hesitation with snows - almost could park it on the side of a building. I average 21 mpg overall, best has been 33; not bad. Solid handling, great ride, strong brakes, awesome seat comfort, and quick enough when you want it: 0-60 in 6.1 seconds according to the specs. I have had over 15 cars of different makes and this one has been the best. I normally switch every 3 years or so, but planning on keeping this one a while longer. Paint & interior are standing up very well, better than others I have owned. Shortcomings: Depreciation is steep on this car, don't know why - probably because it isn't sexy with lots of electronics like BMW and Audi; but that makes it a good buy if looking used, and the police won't pay you much attention(!). I have a lot of chips in the windshield, but probably due to time on the highway and the last few winters here that have been tougher than normal (glass is glass). The Blind Spot system (BLIS) falses a lot and is essentially useless in the rain, so I consider it merely a "suggestion". This is our 3th Volvo; we had good luck with the other ones so decided on this one when it was time. Love the safety on this car, and all Volvos."

Comfort, Strength, Style

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Power, handling, MPG, comfort, appearance."

Has been a great road car, in all types of weather

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "comfort, value, interior fit and finish, awd"

Cons: "gas mileage, low profile rims are delicate"

"Are is very comfortable and reasonably quiet, with plenty of power from turbo six, exec package is attractive and controls are easy to use, mileage of 23-24 on the highway is okay, not great, low profile rims on all season tires can be too delicate for a road bump, trunk is big, and car easily accomodates four large adults, seats are fabulous."

Great Value

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Without question the best value in it's class. I've owned or driven extensively most everything in this class. For the money; BMW, Mercedes, Cadillac, Jaguar, and Lexus can't touch the S80's overall ride, handling, styling, and reliability. All of these competitors are many thousands of dollars more. Good job Volvo."

It shows what a car supposed to be

By on Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"I own a 3.2 front wheel drive model, and it is a comfortable one to drive. Not just in driving... but the seats- I love the seats, the enviornment inside the cabin, and the entire feel of the car. It is not jello comfy as a caddie, nor as ambiant sensory deprivaton of the Lexus. It is a middle ground between the European stiffness and the comfort of the Japanese ones. The thing about this car is the 'wholeness' of the entire staying in the car, which means, it is a well balanced car for the pleasure of the driving experince, not just the speed and fun in turning wheels and feeling the G-force. You can experience that in, lets say... a sports car. Anyway, it is definitely not a sports sedan at least the 3.2 model,It does not have the acceleration power which the T6 and V8 model has, but it is adequate for most, and to me, all the driving. So if you want power pay about $4000 more and go for the T6. I saw reviews that the T6 is almost par with the V8 which is the ultimate model of the s80 line up. If you really want the epitome of Swedish automaking - well, not the super super one like Koeenigsegg etc. -go for the V8. It's just a lovely car and about $10K expensive. But it will be fun to own in my point of view. I added the optional BLIS system and it is quite a helpful one. And the catching the timing to change lanes is far less stressful. The last car I had was an SUV and I almost mowed this civic at night and I did not see it in the mirror!!! Consequently I got a chance to witness the expression of the other driver in sign language. I don't think it will happen when I ride the S80. The optional Audio is fantastic. If you like car surround system, it will please the ears You could expect 20~21Mpg city and highway combined. And It is a volvo, IIHS test approved, traditionally regarded to be the safest car maker. If there are things to mention unsatisfactory about the car, lack of compartment to carry stuff is one. The Lack of AWD for the 3.2 is another, a bigger Gas tank would have been good And what else... the navi sys could have been tweaked better. But the compament problem you can fold the back seat so, it will help. AWD if you want one the T6 carries it. Gas tank... fill frequently. I hope they make a larger one volvo if they can. The navi, 2 free upgrades that volvo give will do it. Well, basically this is a luxury sedan for a great price. Thanks for reading"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next