• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2007 Volvo S80

9.3

Based on 93 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

DISAPPOINTING!

By on Sunday, February 21, 2010

"We've owned several Mercedes and BMW's before but this is our first Volvo. It will probably be the last. The car is extremely comfortable, but it's behind the competition in amenities. Dealer service is awful and the "limited" warranty covers little to nothing. Our car has squeaks, rattles, and parts falling off. Our dealers (we've taken it to 4) fix rattles and loose trim pieces with double sided sticky tape (an "approved Volvo repair method") which does not last, look attractive, or solve the problem. We've had numerous recalls, gone through three complete front suspension systems and the leather and switches are all fading and wearing poorly (and we treat our cars extremely well). The turning radius is awful ... makes parking in parking lots difficult. It is a very comfortable car, but we can't look past the poor quality and awful dealership experiences. They just can't compete with other German and Japanese brands. I don't think we'd buy another Volvo ever again."

Love My S80

By on Saturday, February 13, 2010

"This is my second S80. The comfort and reliability are second to none. I've owned many of it's competitors and find the S80 the best overall value. It was many thousands of dollars cheaper than the lexus, BMW, mercedes, and cadillac. Way to go Volvo."

It shows what a car supposed to be

By on Tuesday, February 09, 2010

"I own a 3.2 front wheel drive model, and it is a comfortable one to drive. Not just in driving... but the seats- I love the seats, the enviornment inside the cabin, and the entire feel of the car. It is not jello comfy as a caddie, nor as ambiant sensory deprivaton of the Lexus. It is a middle ground between the European stiffness and the comfort of the Japanese ones. The thing about this car is the 'wholeness' of the entire staying in the car, which means, it is a well balanced car for the pleasure of the driving experince, not just the speed and fun in turning wheels and feeling the G-force. You can experience that in, lets say... a sports car. Anyway, it is definitely not a sports sedan at least the 3.2 model,It does not have the acceleration power which the T6 and V8 model has, but it is adequate for most, and to me, all the driving. So if you want power pay about $4000 more and go for the T6. I saw reviews that the T6 is almost par with the V8 which is the ultimate model of the s80 line up. If you really want the epitome of Swedish automaking - well, not the super super one like Koeenigsegg etc. -go for the V8. It's just a lovely car and about $10K expensive. But it will be fun to own in my point of view. I added the optional BLIS system and it is quite a helpful one. And the catching the timing to change lanes is far less stressful. The last car I had was an SUV and I almost mowed this civic at night and I did not see it in the mirror!!! Consequently I got a chance to witness the expression of the other driver in sign language. I don't think it will happen when I ride the S80. The optional Audio is fantastic. If you like car surround system, it will please the ears You could expect 20~21Mpg city and highway combined. And It is a volvo, IIHS test approved, traditionally regarded to be the safest car maker. If there are things to mention unsatisfactory about the car, lack of compartment to carry stuff is one. The Lack of AWD for the 3.2 is another, a bigger Gas tank would have been good And what else... the navi sys could have been tweaked better. But the compament problem you can fold the back seat so, it will help. AWD if you want one the T6 carries it. Gas tank... fill frequently. I hope they make a larger one volvo if they can. The navi, 2 free upgrades that volvo give will do it. Well, basically this is a luxury sedan for a great price. Thanks for reading"

Best Car EVER

By on Saturday, January 16, 2010

"Got it brand new with all of the options, one of the best was the 12 speaker Dynaudio sound system super loud and great sound quality. The refrigerator was handy too and the 2 glasses that come with it are perfect for enjoying the moment. The rear seats are super comfortable, better than any Mercedes I've ever been in and the front seats as well. And it's a Volvo so you know that this car is safe, the Sport Package came in handy in terms of car handling as I drive to and from Big Bear CA and the rims are very very nice to look at. All of the intirior gadgets are easy to use and of good quality, though mabey Volvo could have another look at the navigation system just to bring it up to date. The navigation system is the same one used in an Aston Martin DBS which is, for those of you who don't know, James Bond's car. Well anyways the gas mpgs are on par with it's competition. Best Volvo Ever, which also means it's better than any Mercedes in this class."

Exceptional Value

By on Monday, November 16, 2009

"The best value in it's class. The 2007 used is $7000 cheaper than the 5 series BMW, mercedes E class, or cadillac CTS. 25000 miles and has never been in the shop except for oil changes. The comfort is second to none. I've owned mercedes and bmw and there is no comparison for what you get at this price point. It's much cheaper to maintain. I will be a loyal Volvo owner as long as they produce a vehicle this good."