2007 Volvo S80

9.3

Based on 94 Ratings for the 2007 - 2016 models.

Keeping this until it dies

By on Thursday, March 24, 2011

"Bought the vehicles for city driving after it served as a dealer service loaner with 5k miles. It has not disappointed me. My second Volvo, plan on keeping this one until it dies. Now with 41,000 miles, bought tires, done basic service, but no major problems, service, or recalls. I gave Performance "4 stars" for "good", but the 3.2 I bought is perfect for my driving habits. It is not about performance for me. That is why they make a turbo. Drives great in snow, ice, rain, and dry conditions. Love the BLIS (blind spot warning lights) in traffic. The climate package and rubber floor mats are a must for northern climates. Gas mileage has been 17mpg in city, 25 on highway, but 30 if I drive 65mph. Great basic stereo. I rear ended a SUV at idle speed and suffered a minimal surface scratch to the front end. The SUV needed $1,100 in repairs. Negatives: For a family of five, wish it had more interior and trunk room on longer road trips. But that's not why we bought it. I would recommend the '08 S80!"

Very comfortable, reasonable power.

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Price, good ride, great safety features."

Cons: "Nothing yet."

"Bought this car (2103) as an Executive Demo with ~6K on it. Had a minor issue with the Parking Sensors requiring service - Ened up being a loose cable - but other than that its been great. This vehicle came fully loaded. It is very comfortable and has adequate HP. It's the T6 AWD. New England winters require that. Best features I like are the BLIS and Lane Departure Warning System. The ride is outstanding and is very comfortable on longer rides. Cannot comment on reliability yet."

Safe, comfortable and affordable luxury

By on Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, style, safety, nicely bundled convenience packages, great local dealer"

Cons: "high pressure turbo adds power but sacrifices mileage, a bit jerky around town"

"January 2011 traded fully equipped 2008 Sport S80 in excellent condition for 2011 T6 AWD with many convenience features, e.g. adaptive cruise,collision warning, rear park assist, blis,serius radio, heated/colled seats. Sacrificed some mileage (was getting over 30 on trips- now under 26), but retained comfort and gained the desired safety in all weather conditions. Plenty of power on road, but a bit jerky around town. Had a 1999 S70 with low pressure turbo and wish Volvo had kept that for newer models-greater gas mileage and much smoother.Volvo options better bundled and priced than the a la art options offered by BMW, Audi et al. Got the safe and secure package and love my local dealer."

I LOVE This Car!

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "Style, comfort, affordability"

Cons: "None!"

Merry Christmas from my wonderful husband.

"I use to be a Lexus person, until I drove this car. Every time I drive it I love it more. It is comfortable, fast and classy looking. I get around 25 MPG overall and this includes a mixture of city/hwy driving. The people at the Volvo dealership were the very best to work with. I will never own anything but a Volvo. I'm in love for life!"

Merry Christmas from my wonderful husband.

Quite Elegance

By on Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Clean lines inside and out. Interior is especially pleasing to the eye, the subtle lines of the dash, heck that's how I'd characterized the exterior as well. Love the Sandstone leather interior. Stereo (Dyaudio) is a winner w/ the USB connection. So far no concerns about quality. Engine is adequate; 3.2 L, ride is certainly comfortable. Clearly near luxury for less than its competitors."