2006 Volvo S80

7.2

Based on 304 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.4/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Cons: "Sererely lacks Power"

"Bought my 2001 S80 at an auction with 118000 miles on it for $5,500. I had driven Cadillac's ( STS, Eldo ETC ) for over 10 years. I was disappointed with the performance of the S80!! No power at all. It now has 228,000 miles on it. I had to have the tranni rebuilt at 157,000 miles. I had to do the suspension over at this time also. I did it myself so it was inexpensive to do. Other than that all I had to do was replace a couple of coil packs. I can't complain about the tranni popping at 157,000. So, over all the car was dependable. On road trips the car got 27 MPG. around town it got 18 MPG. If it were not for the lack or power I would have been completely satisfied...."

worst car I ever owned in 44 years

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "fun and confortable to drive. good looking car"

Cons: "bad transmissions/expensive repairs"

"This car eats transmissions! Transmission went out at 80K. Took the car to a certified Volvo repair shop 4 times trying to rebuild the transmission, only to have it break down again within 2 to 4 days. One time it blew gaskets and leaked transmission fluid all over my garage floor and had to be towed from my garage back to repair shop. Finally, on the 5th time trying to fix the problem the repair facility put in a used transmission from a wreaked 30K mile S80, since a brand new one is way to costly for most of us. That transmission lasted 30K miles and broke down just before I was going to have the transmission serviced. It now sets in my garage with a bad transmission deciding what to do with it. Don't waste your hard earned money on a Volvo. Expensive repairs and very unreliable."

Best I've owned

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Very pleasant luxury ride with great reliability."

Cons: "Don't have any."

"This car has been reliable and continues to supply excellent service. At this mileage it rides as well as when I bought it with 46,000 miles. The only repairs besides normal maintenance have been the emergency brake. Exhaust system is still original. Have replaced the rear struts, but after 200+K expected much worse."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25