2005 Volvo S80

7.2

Based on 321 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.4/10

2004 S80 AWD - BUY USED

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

"I purchased the car used 3 years ago with 48,000 miles from a local individual with all maintenance records. I paid 1/3 the original sticker price with every option Volvo offered. You get a lot of car for not a lot of money. I now have 85,000 miles registered, and I've driven the car from Mexico to Oregon in 100 degree weather to 3 feet of snow. The car is extremely comfortable, reliable, great gas mileage - for a large four door sedan (I drove the car from Orange County, CA to Phoenix, AZ on a tank of gas), and handles superbly in winter conditions (AWD). I've replaced brakes, rotors, and tires, which is standard for any car (you can purchase all the OEM parts for half the price on ebay and have the Volvo dealership install them). I'm disappointed in the faux wood trim and cup holder, but that is my only complaint. My friends made jokes about me driving a Volvo, but after they drove the car from Southern California to Lake Tahoe for a ski trip, they all fell in love with it. Seats 4 comfortably with all your luggage. Dealer mechanic told me the AWD 2.5T was the best and most reliable engine in the S80 series."

2002 S80 2.9

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"The S80 is a smooth-riding almost-luxury sedan, on a par with a similar year's Lexus, Audi, etc. A little less sporty than a Saab, a little less prestigious than, say, a Mercedes (though the 2001-2003 Mercedes are notoriously bad cars). Very comfortable, very safe, very reliable. Cold AC with dedicated vents for the rear passengers, plenty of room front and back, nice driving position, intuitive control layout. Decent accelleration from the 2.9L engine, much nicer than and smoother all around than the S40. Also, I hate to disagree with Decky from Jax, but there are no GM parts on a Volvo. GM owns Saab. Ford is partnered with Volvo. Anyway, for the price at which you can now obtain a mid-mileage S80, I think they are a great value."

Fantastic Four

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I love this car! Have three kids and they all fit comfortably in the car. Smooth ride, great handling, strong engine and awesome gas mileage. I consistently avg 24 mpg between highway/city driving of 35%/65%. A minor vibration sound on front inside door panels occassionally due to their design is the only "quality" issue I had. Handles great in the snow with FWD. AWD doesn't improve wet/snow traction that considerably for the price difference."

European class luxury and performance

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "excellent styling and power, extremely comfortable"

Cons: "reliability is an issue"

"I purchased this car when it was 2 years old, and I have put over 130,000 miles on it myself. The T6 is wonderfully powerful and so comfortable. It makes long trips effortless and fun. The only bad thing about the car is...it simply will eat you alive on maintenance once things start to go wrong. Coil packs are a particular item it consumes with wild abandon, to the cost of about $400 per visit. If you are prepared to spend some money now and then, and have some decent mechanical skills to where you can do some of the work yourself, this car is awesome. Otherwise, pass...pass...PASS!"

Reliable, Very fast.

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "Fast Fun Great looking car"

Cons: "Dont keep its value as other jap cars"

"This is my third volvo i've owned and boy isnt it the best. The only problem was the check eng light came on occasionally but it was all about the fuel cap and that was the only repair i've did to it ($9)yes Nine dollars thats all what i paid on the car since i've owned it, if you are thinking about buying one of these go with the T6 model i had the 2.9 s80 and i didnt like it at all it was really slow and under powered comparing to the T6 and there is no difference in the MPG at all"