2004 Volvo S80

7.2

Based on 317 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.4/10

Worst Car Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, December 01, 2010

"The quality just doesn't exist in this vehicle. With everything from the headlight wipers, driver side mirror, moon roof tracks, seat heaters, computer modules, relays, and side marker lights going bad and very high priced repair costs, this vehicle is one to avoid. This was my first and last Volvo. A person is much better off dealing with similar repair costs for a more reliable Japanese car or less expensive repairs (though less reliable) for a domestic car. There's no way I would recommend a Volve to anyone."

Love to Drive it

By on Saturday, May 22, 2010

"Bought used with 20,000 miles, was a rental car. Love the power of the turbo and gets great gas mileage. Not had problems with it."

Volvo for life

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"This was my first Volvo we purchased and we love it we have always owned Honda, sorry Honda we have upped the ante. Hondas last but Volvos laaaaasssssttttt forever. We will buy another Honda when my son graduates if he wants a Volvo he will have to admire ours or buy his own. I love this car."

Swedish Beauty

By on Sunday, September 20, 2009

"Attractive car inside and out, and one of few cars in its category that accommodate a 6' 3' with headroom to spare. Biggest issue is Volvo as a company/dealer network does address what an independent mechanic will tell you are known and predictible service problems, and instead charges unconscionable prices for parts to address problems that are related to faulty design"

Great used car

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"We bought our S80 in 2003 with 26k miles. It still had 3 years left on the warranty which we did have to use a few times. Most of the issues were with the suspension which is very tight and can be an issue with Pittsburgh pot holes. Since the warranty expired 3 years ago we have spent $500 in repairs. We maintain the car per the manual and it has been great. Still fun to drive and in reasonable condition. It is going on 10 years old and shows no signs of conking out."

WORK HORSE

By on Sunday, February 15, 2009

"This car is a work horse, drive it above 200-300 miles daily in LA-Southern Ca area. Great mpg, but if you don't turn wrenches you may want to think twice. Goes thru brakes but I just buy new rotors and ceramic pads for $80 bucks and swap out in garage. Coils go out but $57 bucks on internet and 15 min you can change them. Top motor mount went out, $98 and 5 minutes changed it and fuel pump went out $1100 bucks! would never buy one new but got mine with 25k on it for $18k just 2 years old! less than half the sticker, so for the price of a new Hyndai I got a great car. put 90k on it in 2.5 years other than fuel pump, just minor repairs, love it!"

Good car!

By on Friday, February 06, 2009

"2005 S80: My only complaint is the ride on rough roads; at highway speeds, it matches the big American cars. Handles well; never felt this secure in a car. One problem with the gearshift locking up on me, but that's been cured; otherwise, a solid and dependable car. Roomy enough on the inside; trunk's a bit on the small side. Dealerships (I've dealt with two, one at home, one on vacation) have been excellent. Plan to buy another S80."

Do NOT Recommend

By on Thursday, November 06, 2008

"I bought this car 3 years ago and have already pumped over $5,000 of repairs into it. I replaced the transmission in the summer of ‘07 and I found out today that I need to replace it again! The owner before me had the transmission replaced as well, so that makes at least 3 transmission replacements, that I know of! The car looks great and feels great, but it is NOT worth it at all. I’ve spent way too much money on this piece of junk and I’m done with it. I will never own another Volvo again, what a waste of money."

not the worst but not the best

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"did not hold up well, always an issue with the electrical system and sun roof . was hit in the front end buy a car going 50 miles and hour and the air bags did not deploy. I did walk away but afraid to own another one."

Good Safe and Reliable car

By on Sunday, August 31, 2008

"I have it since Sep 04 (2005 model). No major problem at all yet, but some minors covered under warranty. The Volvo dealer provided free coffee and free ride to/from work or home. This is very safe and reliable, but I wouldn't recommend this vehicle unless you live or work very close by a volvo dealer. You wouldn't find a mechanic who can work on this car easily (even for the engine oil change)."

EXCELLENT CAR!!

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2008

"I bought a 2000 T6 model for my wife's birthday 3 years ago, and she loves it as much today as she did when she got it. Purchased another one for myself (2001 T6) a year ago for $4500 from someone who hated it. I haven't had any problems with either car, and DIY repairs are not all that difficult on them, either! Performance is excellent from both the engine and the suspension, and the braking system is the best I've seen on any vehicle I've owned. Also, with a car this safe, I don't have to worry about my family!"

not worth the price

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"We have a 2005 volvo s80 we bought it new. The car has good acceleration and is quiet. The problem that we have had is a starting problem. It has been in the shop 6 times for this problem and yet to be fixed correctly. Now the waranty has expired and I am left holding the bag. A very unplesant company to deal with. Good luck."

2005 Solid, comfortatble, trouble free

By on Saturday, November 03, 2007

"I don't know about earier models of the S80. Leased new, In line 5 turbo, is very strong in the power range that is typically used. Fuel ecconomy is quite good, Averaging about 24 in mixed driving, and over 30 on the highway. Impressive for a vehicle with this kind of room and performance. The only detractors are a wide turning radius and a radio with ackward tuning. It may have taken a few years but Volvo seems to have gotten the S80 sorted out. This will be replaced with another leased Volvo in 08. But will make someone a great 200,000K car."

Safe, Practical Luxury

By on Friday, October 26, 2007

"Bought this car as certified pre-owned almost 5 years ago when my commute was 65 minutes each way. Wanted, no, NEEDED to be comfortable... this car is like driving your living room! Now it's my 'station car' - 10 minutes each way, and 120,000 relatively trouble-free miles later, I'm sticking with Volvo, but can't decide among another S80, a C70, S60 or XC90. Not a bad dilemna to have!"

Love, love, love my Volvo S80.

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Great handling car with lots of power!"

Cons: "No close dealership to have car serviced."

"My S80 is a great car, easy to handle once you get use to the power. I have own this car since 08/2004. It is beautiful. I get at least 20 miles to a gallon in the city driving. This car is great on road trips. Never had any problems. I do have it serviced as scheduled. Two concerns. First, the phone system was removed (analog) but they left the hand piece which made no sense to me. Second, I always have my car serviced at the dealership, but I have had two dealers to close. So I must travel farther each time to a Volvo dealership. I pray the third dealership does not close. I want to purchase another Volvo but I like the connivence of doing business close to home. I also owned a 1990 240 DL. loved that Volvo as well. The Volvo staff I have worked with are all outstanding service providers. Again. I love my Volvo!"

My 2002 Volvo Is The Best Car I've Ever Owned.

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks beautiful, the price was great"

Cons: "None has everything you would want in a vehicle!"

"The car has been to Ohio, New York and Florida. Along the way on each trip, no problems, and the ride is like riding on cloud 9. The leather is Luxurious, like riding on a comfortable couch! The wood grain trimmings put the icing on the cake. The cabin is so quite which allows me to listen to my music on one of the best systems ever! While riding in the summer heat the ice cold air condition unit has never let me down. Mileage on the highway is awesome, not bad around town as well. I Love my Volvo!!"

One great vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Wonderful"

Cons: "None, really!"

"I have owned a lot of vehicles and 3 Volvo's plus this one . I pruchased this T6- top of the line with just over 200.000 miles and I would do it all over again. This is the top of the top of the live vehicle in my opinion. I have found it hard to find one wirh rust. They sure know how to make a real car."

best year this car was made

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "turbo can't imagine getting on the expressway wit"

Cons: "not an suv"

"I have a 2004 Volvo and I've loved it since the day I bought it. I would like to have a SUV just because of grandkids and dogs but I can't bear to part with it. I have 149k miles on it and never had any issues. It was diffidently a good year this car was made."

Owned for about a year now

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, looks, performance, comfortable"

Cons: "warning lights come on for no reason"

"The only thing i have had to replace involve the fuel filter, air filter, tires, and cooling fan. This has been an awesome car for me the whole time i have had it. Has lots of power and is FUN to drive!"

Strong

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "luxurius, fan to drive,"

Cons: "expensive if it brakes down"

"Perfect if you have kids. Very strong frame and confortable inside -no more that 2 kids :-)"

Great Car!!

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

"I have had my S80 for 8 years with no problems. I would highly recommend this model and year of Volvo."

great for the 3 years iv'e had it...

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "great handling very cushy even for an oldie!"

Cons: "lacks cup holders, Swedes don't much drink in car?"

"Got it used at over 140K miles ...for an older car it has been very dependable and it as so many luxury features like heated leather seats, sunroof, all the bells"

What's not to love

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Luxury at low price, sturdy, dependable, fun"

Cons: "Sound system needs to be upgraded."

"I bought this one gently used, black with grey leather and all the options. Only one prior owner and treated extremely well. Drives like a dream. Feels like a luxury car. Milage is "ok" better than some. The only reason to upgrade is to get better sound system as mine has only 1 CD and even a cassette player. I'm thinking of moving up to an '08 VOLVO SUV. Love these."

AMAZING CAR

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Heat and AC works amazing, seats are so comfy!!"

"One of the best cars I have ever owned. Really reliable, comfortable, and all the gagets are so much help!!"

Best car I ever had

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, quiet, comfortable and stylish."

Cons: "Not the best on gas mileage -21Mph in city, 25 hwy"

"Very fast, quiet, comfortable and reliable. Best car I ever had. It has 80K miles and everything is original and in good shape."