2003 Volvo S80

7.2

Based on 319 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.5/10

Reliable, Very fast.

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "Fast Fun Great looking car"

Cons: "Dont keep its value as other jap cars"

"This is my third volvo i've owned and boy isnt it the best. The only problem was the check eng light came on occasionally but it was all about the fuel cap and that was the only repair i've did to it ($9)yes Nine dollars thats all what i paid on the car since i've owned it, if you are thinking about buying one of these go with the T6 model i had the 2.9 s80 and i didnt like it at all it was really slow and under powered comparing to the T6 and there is no difference in the MPG at all"

Worst Car Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, December 01, 2010

"The quality just doesn't exist in this vehicle. With everything from the headlight wipers, driver side mirror, moon roof tracks, seat heaters, computer modules, relays, and side marker lights going bad and very high priced repair costs, this vehicle is one to avoid. This was my first and last Volvo. A person is much better off dealing with similar repair costs for a more reliable Japanese car or less expensive repairs (though less reliable) for a domestic car. There's no way I would recommend a Volve to anyone."

Love to Drive it

By on Saturday, May 22, 2010

"Bought used with 20,000 miles, was a rental car. Love the power of the turbo and gets great gas mileage. Not had problems with it."

Volvo for life

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"This was my first Volvo we purchased and we love it we have always owned Honda, sorry Honda we have upped the ante. Hondas last but Volvos laaaaasssssttttt forever. We will buy another Honda when my son graduates if he wants a Volvo he will have to admire ours or buy his own. I love this car."

Swedish Beauty

By on Sunday, September 20, 2009

"Attractive car inside and out, and one of few cars in its category that accommodate a 6' 3' with headroom to spare. Biggest issue is Volvo as a company/dealer network does address what an independent mechanic will tell you are known and predictible service problems, and instead charges unconscionable prices for parts to address problems that are related to faulty design"

Great used car

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"We bought our S80 in 2003 with 26k miles. It still had 3 years left on the warranty which we did have to use a few times. Most of the issues were with the suspension which is very tight and can be an issue with Pittsburgh pot holes. Since the warranty expired 3 years ago we have spent $500 in repairs. We maintain the car per the manual and it has been great. Still fun to drive and in reasonable condition. It is going on 10 years old and shows no signs of conking out."

WORK HORSE

By on Sunday, February 15, 2009

"This car is a work horse, drive it above 200-300 miles daily in LA-Southern Ca area. Great mpg, but if you don't turn wrenches you may want to think twice. Goes thru brakes but I just buy new rotors and ceramic pads for $80 bucks and swap out in garage. Coils go out but $57 bucks on internet and 15 min you can change them. Top motor mount went out, $98 and 5 minutes changed it and fuel pump went out $1100 bucks! would never buy one new but got mine with 25k on it for $18k just 2 years old! less than half the sticker, so for the price of a new Hyndai I got a great car. put 90k on it in 2.5 years other than fuel pump, just minor repairs, love it!"

Good car!

By on Friday, February 06, 2009

"2005 S80: My only complaint is the ride on rough roads; at highway speeds, it matches the big American cars. Handles well; never felt this secure in a car. One problem with the gearshift locking up on me, but that's been cured; otherwise, a solid and dependable car. Roomy enough on the inside; trunk's a bit on the small side. Dealerships (I've dealt with two, one at home, one on vacation) have been excellent. Plan to buy another S80."

Do NOT Recommend

By on Thursday, November 06, 2008

"I bought this car 3 years ago and have already pumped over $5,000 of repairs into it. I replaced the transmission in the summer of ‘07 and I found out today that I need to replace it again! The owner before me had the transmission replaced as well, so that makes at least 3 transmission replacements, that I know of! The car looks great and feels great, but it is NOT worth it at all. I’ve spent way too much money on this piece of junk and I’m done with it. I will never own another Volvo again, what a waste of money."

not the worst but not the best

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"did not hold up well, always an issue with the electrical system and sun roof . was hit in the front end buy a car going 50 miles and hour and the air bags did not deploy. I did walk away but afraid to own another one."