2003 Volvo S80

7.2

Based on 317 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.4/10

Would recommed ONLY for dependability

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Very dependable, comfortable"

Cons: "Sererely lacks Power"

"Bought my 2001 S80 at an auction with 118000 miles on it for $5,500. I had driven Cadillac's ( STS, Eldo ETC ) for over 10 years. I was disappointed with the performance of the S80!! No power at all. It now has 228,000 miles on it. I had to have the tranni rebuilt at 157,000 miles. I had to do the suspension over at this time also. I did it myself so it was inexpensive to do. Other than that all I had to do was replace a couple of coil packs. I can't complain about the tranni popping at 157,000. So, over all the car was dependable. On road trips the car got 27 MPG. around town it got 18 MPG. If it were not for the lack or power I would have been completely satisfied...."

Great car, if you can afford to maintain it

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Solid car, no rattles, very comfortable, safe"

Cons: "Expensive to maintain and repair, bad gas mileage"

My S80

"I purchased a used 2004 Volvo S80 2.9L with 90k miles two years ago. It currently has 107k on it. Previous owners took care of it and I think that has helped. My experience has been mostly positive but, I have sunk serious money into mine like others have. Steering box developed issues last year and cost $2500 to replace at the dealer. Had pieces of the exhaust replaced due to rust, which is normal for any car of it's age. The only time it left me stranded was when the ignition cylinder failed a few months ago, preventing me from turning the key. Had to be towed to the dealer and cost me $400 to fix. Dealer is expensive but, they have been nice and always perform good repair work. It's an extremely comfortable car and I suppose it does get decent gas mileage for it's size, although it's still could be improved (19 city/29-30 highway). Knock on wood, it hasn't leaked anything or burned oil yet, nor have I had any problems with the interior. The S80's safety record is still excellent, even by today's standards, which is a big plus. This car feels like a tank. Even though it has required some expensive repairs, it does NOT feel like it will die anytime soon... Still runs very strong and tight."

My S80

I love my car..

By on Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, very safe looks great still"

"that's why I have kept it for 10 years... minimum issues. one recall ,,I have kept all maintenance records and appointments."

Hot ride

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, with the T-6 it gets up and GOES"

Cons: "Some things could have been made a little sturdier"

"This is a sweet car for any professional. I loved the styling and the seats designed by chiropractors are awesome for long trips. It's a well designed car and thanks to Volvo sticking with it's designs for so long is still current and modern."

Sweet Ride

By on Wednesday, August 05, 2009

"I love my S-80. It is the best car I have ever owned. It is truly a touring car. When I am driving my Volvo, it is like we are one. The acceleration is super. I don't have to wait to change lanes. It responses so quickly and is a classy ride."