• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2000 Volvo S80

7.2

Based on 307 Ratings for the 1999 - 2006 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.4/10

I like this car

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "fuel mileage, comfort, great road car"

Cons: "cup holder was a bit under designed on this model."

"Excellent gas mileage, great comfort on trips, plenty of power, reliable, never a minutes trouble. I added grooved/drilled rotors front and rear at brake change time, and special brake pads to hold down dust but with great braking ability. Has had all regular required maintenance performed using Mobile 1 Synthetic oil 20w50. I was an engine builder for 20 yrs and know what it takes to keep one in ready to go condition. It has been garaged since new, never wrecked nor smoked in . Darryl Waltrip personally drove it to Florida on 2 occasions prior to my purchasing the car from his dealership November 2004."

Super Comfy, power and quiet and great Volvo!

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable. 29mpg on highway even w/T-6."

Cons: "Likes TLC - not cheap but worth it..."

"Have had since 2004. Almost traded it in but kept and am I glad I did. Can't find anything as comfortable and as nice. If you take care of it, it takes care of you. Easy to take care of yourself if you want and I think it will keep going and going forever."

Love, love, love my Volvo S80.

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Great handling car with lots of power!"

Cons: "No close dealership to have car serviced."

"My S80 is a great car, easy to handle once you get use to the power. I have own this car since 08/2004. It is beautiful. I get at least 20 miles to a gallon in the city driving. This car is great on road trips. Never had any problems. I do have it serviced as scheduled. Two concerns. First, the phone system was removed (analog) but they left the hand piece which made no sense to me. Second, I always have my car serviced at the dealership, but I have had two dealers to close. So I must travel farther each time to a Volvo dealership. I pray the third dealership does not close. I want to purchase another Volvo but I like the connivence of doing business close to home. I also owned a 1990 240 DL. loved that Volvo as well. The Volvo staff I have worked with are all outstanding service providers. Again. I love my Volvo!"

Very comfortable reliable and safe ride.

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, very reliable, good for all weather"

Cons: "Interior design lacks many bells and whistles"

"Bought my car in 2004 and drove it every single day since. At 121 K miles, the car still brand new and drives like that too. Unlike other cars that start to rust and fall apart, this car is very well made. The drive is fun, powerful and steady. I will buy another Volvo in the future. For now I am trading it for a SUV due to family lifestyle reasons."

My 2002 Volvo Is The Best Car I've Ever Owned.

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks beautiful, the price was great"

Cons: "None has everything you would want in a vehicle!"

"The car has been to Ohio, New York and Florida. Along the way on each trip, no problems, and the ride is like riding on cloud 9. The leather is Luxurious, like riding on a comfortable couch! The wood grain trimmings put the icing on the cake. The cabin is so quite which allows me to listen to my music on one of the best systems ever! While riding in the summer heat the ice cold air condition unit has never let me down. Mileage on the highway is awesome, not bad around town as well. I Love my Volvo!!"