2014 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,122 - $30,457.

10/7.8

Based on 51 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Love it!

By on Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pros: "Looks great ! Decent gas mileage. Smooth ride."

"I have had this car for a year now and with 25,000 miles already, it's fair to say I've spent quite a bit of time with it. It's comfortable, quick, and still averages 28mpg. I Love it!"

Volvo never disapoints!

By on Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pros: "Ummm, just look at it :)"

Cons: "I should have gotten the adaptive cruise control!"

"I'm 35 and have owned 5 Volvos over the years. I've had the honor of an S40, S60-R, XC90, and currently a XC60-RDesgin and most recently, S60-RDesign. I freakin' love this car! The original R was amazing, but this is the next level. It’s faster, quieter and the interior is spot on. As someone that goes through cars quite quickly, I highly recommend this creature. It is a keeper! The Polestar tuning is amazing! I'm looking at adding it to the XC60. It's a head turner and I get many positive remarks, especially from the tuners. Awesome car! U need it! Not to mention the 5 year "Safe and Secure" plan. No one can tough this, it's the total package. Elegant, but not gaudy (hello Escalade, are you listening!)"

Love it

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

"Have had the T6 AWD 2012 for a year now and i love it handles great, all features are reliable and easy, great fun to drive and plenty of power. Would recommend to anyone looking for a nice ride."

Great Car with versatility and comfort

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Power, handling, styling, AWD, comfort"

Cons: "rims are soft, tires are thin, a little tight."

"I actually have a 2012 but it was not listed. T6 AWD. The car handles amazing and would put it up against any Euro car. 300HP AWD really handles well. I can be cruising thru town very mannerly or jam on down the expressway with amazing quickness and handling. The interior is done very nicely and Volvo is always concerned with ergonomics. Some cautionary notes: this car does not come with a spare but can be purchases seperately. After getting stuck on Rt. 78 in Newark on a weeknight I learned that better to have a spare for road side assistance to replace the wheel instead of storing the car overnight since you can't Fix a Flat a blown sidewall. The T6 AWD rims are very soft and the tires and very thin so be careful when driving. They handle great but are exposed to damage and possible flat tire."

Pricey

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "Good looking. 25-31 MPG. Fit and finish."

Cons: "Over priced. Expensive to own. Poor resale."

"I have driven a Volvo for the last 40 years. The S60 is a good auto, but it can be expensive to own. Recently I needed a spare key and remote. I was blown away when I was told by the dealer it would cost about $400. Yes $400! The S60 is comfortable to drive and handles well and has plenty of power. I find it a bit to small in the driver's seat area. A Camry is much easier to get in and out of. Volvo has always had a reputation for building a safe auto, but today most all vehicles are as safe and many much less expensive to purchase and own. For example last year I sold a 2004 Volvo and a 2004 Camry with about the same miles and condition: the Camry sold for more than the Volvo! New, the Volvo cost about $15k more!"

Cramped for six footer

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

"I'm 6' tall and find that I can't adjust the seat so that I can both comfortably reach the steering wheel and also not have my right knee bumping the center console, especially on longer trips. Whenever driving, unless you have trained your arms to not get tired with your hands in the 10:00 and 2:00 position on the wheel, you will likely find that you need to adjust your grip often to fight fatigue. I'm someone who drives with my right hand generally near the top of the wheel and my left hand gripping the center left of the wheel, with my left elbow resting on the window sill. This has always been comfortable for me. In the S60, the distance from the window sill to the wheel requires you to put a lot of pressure on your fingers to maintain control, making them go numb easily. My only other negative is the blind spot created by the support between the front and rear right side windows. Otherwise, I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with my first Volvo."

Best sedan for value

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "safety, comfort, drive, power, adaptive cruise"

"The best vehicle for value, adaptive cruise with queue assit is the best, the interior are hogh quality. the seats are comfortable the safety technology the best. leading the class, had driven the Benz c class, and bmw 3 series. the Volvo s60 2011 is the best"

Loving my new S60

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "quick, sporty and comfortable"

Cons: "Bluetooth phone seems to disconnect to often."

"I recently traded a Lexus IS250, very glad I did. I've had many new cars the last 15 years, Audi, Lexus (2), Toyota, Volvo S80 and a Dodge. I make excuses to go the store so I can drive the new S60. I like the looks both exterior and interior. The car is quick and fast, very easy to control and drives smooth. The only complaint would be the bluetooth seems to drop more than it should. Something that is easy to reconnect but a pain."

Better than BMW

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Great value, responsive"

Cons: "Minor squeaking sound, extra for Bi-xeon lights"

"if you are looking for value and do not want to spend more for a BMW 3, buy this car because it performs as good as a BMW 3, especially with the dynamic and technology packages. If you enjoys a stiffer suspension and driving dynamic, one absolute option you must add is the dynamic package, which makes this car really awesome and responsive. I drove through a very sharp curve once that should require the car to slow down to 25MPH but I did it at 55MPH; the car stuck to the road and actively responded to the sharp turn with the cornering traction control. I loved this car since the first time I drove out of the dealer's lot. I'm loving it even more after coming back from the East coast driving a Korean-made rental car for seven days and over 500 miles. One significant difference is the stiffer steering power that is adjustable to the driver's demand and the smoothness of traction control in the snow, the sweetness of dynamic package for just $800 extra. The transmission is smooth and shifts gears up and down faster than the S40 I had it before. S60 seems to understand my driving demand. It doesn't matter I drove it like a old grandma or the opposite; the transmission shifted the way I expected at the right RPM. S60 gets about 31 MPG on the high way if I didn't turn on the adaptive cruise control or with the regular cruise control. Otherwise, it gets about 30 MPG on the high way and about 24 MPG in the city. The only minor problem I have with this car just like almost every car I have owned is the squeaking sound from the backseat or the door. It gets noisy if I turned down the music and focused on the sound, and it also depends on road surface. I brought it in to the dealer only once for this problem, but it seemed likely to be the problem with the road I have been driving through."

Love It!

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Great Car all around!"

Cons: "The dealership in Tallahassee is dreadful."

"I have had this car for almost 1 year and still smile everytime I see"