2014 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,034 - $29,796.

10/7.8

Based on 65 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Bad Bad Quality, Last Volvo for me

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Cons: "Poor Quality"

""I am (was) a repeat Volvo customer. So is (was) the rest of my family. My 2012 S60 with 12K miles is peeling paint!!!! The factory says that the paint is only under warrantee for 1 year and My car is outside the warrantee period!!!!! They say the paint damage is caused either by rain, sprinkler water or acid rain (acid rain in san francisco bay area!!!). It cost $8600 to repaint the car. If you plan to buy a volvo consider how much it cost to repaint, volvo does not pay, you do for their poor quality."

Best sedan for value

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "safety, comfort, drive, power, adaptive cruise"

"The best vehicle for value, adaptive cruise with queue assit is the best, the interior are hogh quality. the seats are comfortable the safety technology the best. leading the class, had driven the Benz c class, and bmw 3 series. the Volvo s60 2011 is the best"

Surprise, this Volvo is cool.

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Great driver, quick and handles well."

Cons: "Back seat and trunk space limited."

"Not your Grandfathers Volvo, this T6 can really go. Performs as good or better than my wife's BMW 382XI. The Volvo is definitely faster, the BMW may get a slight nod for steering response. A must for a test drive if you are in the market. The AWD is awesome in the snow."

Better than BMW

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Great value, responsive"

Cons: "Minor squeaking sound, extra for Bi-xeon lights"

"if you are looking for value and do not want to spend more for a BMW 3, buy this car because it performs as good as a BMW 3, especially with the dynamic and technology packages. If you enjoys a stiffer suspension and driving dynamic, one absolute option you must add is the dynamic package, which makes this car really awesome and responsive. I drove through a very sharp curve once that should require the car to slow down to 25MPH but I did it at 55MPH; the car stuck to the road and actively responded to the sharp turn with the cornering traction control. I loved this car since the first time I drove out of the dealer's lot. I'm loving it even more after coming back from the East coast driving a Korean-made rental car for seven days and over 500 miles. One significant difference is the stiffer steering power that is adjustable to the driver's demand and the smoothness of traction control in the snow, the sweetness of dynamic package for just $800 extra. The transmission is smooth and shifts gears up and down faster than the S40 I had it before. S60 seems to understand my driving demand. It doesn't matter I drove it like a old grandma or the opposite; the transmission shifted the way I expected at the right RPM. S60 gets about 31 MPG on the high way if I didn't turn on the adaptive cruise control or with the regular cruise control. Otherwise, it gets about 30 MPG on the high way and about 24 MPG in the city. The only minor problem I have with this car just like almost every car I have owned is the squeaking sound from the backseat or the door. It gets noisy if I turned down the music and focused on the sound, and it also depends on road surface. I brought it in to the dealer only once for this problem, but it seemed likely to be the problem with the road I have been driving through."

I love this car!

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "Great price for the luxury, an absolute JOY to drive!!!"

"I recently just bought this car and I could not be happier with my purchase. I have the beechwood interior and every possible option. The Volvo S60 T6 AWD is an amazing car. I traded in a BMW, my friends thought I was crazy....until they rode in it. I am the envy of the neighborhood and everyone who sees me driving around town."

Real head-turner!

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "quality, comfort, European Build, style, bluetooth integration, city-safety feature standard"

Cons: "no spare tire"

Even in the rain it looks great

"I just love what Volvo is doing with their new designs. My car turns heads and people go "Is that a Volvo?" I love it! There's a great attention to little details that Volvo engineers and designers think about. The comfort is just amazing here, I've sat in many competitor's cars and Volvo by far has the best room. The best thing is the comfort of the steering wheel. Most car companies don't pay too much attention to the most interacted part of a car, yet Volvo made it amazing to hold. So far every ride in my S60 has been a joy. Car feels very stable, solid and fast on the road. It might look like a sedan but when you give it some gas it turns corners in much more aggressive sporty way. I love it because I've been waiting for something like this from Volvo. Their new direction appeals to audience my age, and I am 26. This is no longer "parents car," this is fun, stylish and safest car out there. Great job, Volvo!"

Even in the rain it looks great

Great value

By on Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pros: "Value, drives beautifully."

"Was looking for a car with acceptable luxury features and performance, but with reasonable gas mileage. (Replacing a V8 Mercedes). Previously, I would not have considered a Volvo because I did not care for the styling. However they finally fixed the ugly rear end with this new S60 shape. So the Volvo went on my list together with the Mercedes C class, Audi A4, VW CC, etc. It quickly became apparent that the Volvo is by far the best value -- it has the styling, features and performance of the others and is better priced. Especially when the 5 year/60K service program is taken into account. I've had the Volvo now for several months and am not at all disappointed."

Great sedan

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "comfortable seats, safety, stylish looks, handling"

Cons: "back seat is small, radio interface needs improv."

"We bought this car and picked it up in Gothenburg, Sweden using Volvo's European Delivery Program. We got a great deal on the car and got to drive it around central Europe for a couple of weeks. The S60 is the single most comfortable car I've ever driven. The seats are firm, supportive but supple. They grab and hold and support you. We have a baby, and if I had one criticism about comfort it's that the back seat does not have that much room when you put the car seat in. It forces the passenger to move his/her seat up to accommodate the car seat. Performance-wise, it's great. It's nimble and fast and has great handling. Sometimes it "jumps" through gear changes and sorta jolts/jerks you, but other than that, it's great. I also feel incredibly safe in it. This won't be our last Volvo, though we do plan to drive it until the wheels come off."

Dynomite!!

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Definitely a fun car to drive."

Cons: "None."

"This car moves like greased lightening! It's important to have a light foot on the pedal and not let all that power and agility go to your head. It hugs the road with a bear hug and has all the maneuverability of a world-class athlete, combined with all the sportiness and comfort you could want in a car, topped off with all of Volvo's world renowned safety features. What a car!"

awesome driving car

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

"Good gas mileage and more than ample power. The beechwood leather is awesome, I get many compliments. The only downside may be the donut spare tire which takes room in the trunk if you choose to get it as oppossed to the stock tire inflation repair kit. Great car for the money."

Love It!

By on Sunday, September 13, 2009

"This is my first Volvo, love it, love the turbo, smooth ride, a very comfortable car!"

Bad quality

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Cons: "Poor quality"

"I am a repeat Volvo customer. So is the rest of my family. Not sure what is going on in Volvo quality group. The quality has disappeared. Today is Jan 2nd 2013. My 2012 S60 with 12K miles is peeling paint!!!! The factory says that the paint is only under warrantee for 1 year and My car is outside the warrantee period!!!!! Volvo, you got to be kidding me. Between me and my family we drive 6 volvo. You just lost a repeat customer."

On the fence

By on Sunday, December 09, 2012

Pros: "comfort, performance, quiet"

Cons: "already needed service, spare tire"

"I researched this car extensively before purchasing it new and felt confident that I was buying a quality car. My previous car was a BMW that I bought CPO. I bought the T5 AWD premium about 6 weeks ago. It's fun to drive and very comfortable but I've already had to take it for service because when I start the car, it cranks before turning the engine over. It's intermittent and always has started but I'm disappointed and concerned that I'm already having an issue. The dealer found nothing wrong with the car and said no codes came up on the computer. They advised me to switch gas stations because the Volvo service hotline told them that the gasoline I was using was probably the problem. If I wasn't having this issue, I would highly recommend this car and also suggest an upgrade to the R design. My complaints are no room for spare tire in the usual place (I negotiated for a spare and it takes up too much room in the trunk) and there are some features with the entertainment system that I don't like. It's minor but many of the actions require holding a button for several seconds instead of simply pressing the button. If you want to turn the radio off, you must hold the button otherwise all you have done is mute the radio. Maybe it's just me since my previous car didn't have this level of technology. If I wasn't having an issue with a hard start, this is a fun vehicle to own."

2012 S-60 R-Design 74,000 miles

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "Absolute hoot to drive. I scare the heck out wife!"

Cons: "No spare, Transmission shifts a bit too slow"

"We picked this car (his name is "Borke", by the way) in Gothenberg in November 2012. It is the best car I have ever owned and love every minute of driving it. I has great pickup, great cornering, great brakes, wonderful comfort, and it's a car that you can drive like a manic and still know that all of those airbags are going to protect you like a guardian angel. The AWD is worth every penny just for the piece of mind, even here in no-snow Texas. In two years we have had NO mechanical issues what so ever. A few notes. First, I carry a spare in the trunk. Understand that a car with a stiff suspension and low profile tires will be prone to tread wear and side wall issues. In the case of a sidewall blowout, the air inflation device included as a substitute for spare will do you NO good. Second, the tranny is a bit slow on the shifting, which has been fixed in the later version. Bravo, Volvo. Third, I still find it a bit under-powered. I wanted and still want a 400+ HP just to show the BMW folks who's boss, and while I suspect there is more HP waiting for someone to change the chip timing and fill it with premium, Volvo has protected the CPU from hacking so it is impossible to play with the engine variables that could boost up the HP or remove the 155 MPH limit which I am SURE it will do! Finally, I do intend to buy a 2016 or 17 R-Design, and pick it up from Sweden, unless Momma will let me buy an F Type Jag Coupe... Seriously, if you are intending to buy a Volvo and don't do a European Delivery option, you should have your head examined."

YES! Best vehicle ever.

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pros: "An adrenaline rush in every drive."

Cons: "HMmmmm....nothing."

"Been buying and driving cars since 1970. Most were of a high performance type. My R-Design Volvo is the best of them all. I thoroughly enjoy driving this car. And...best of all the only maintenance required is oil changes. The look, fit, finish, interior, acceleration and ride are second to no other 50K car."

Cramped for six footer

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

"I'm 6' tall and find that I can't adjust the seat so that I can both comfortably reach the steering wheel and also not have my right knee bumping the center console, especially on longer trips. Whenever driving, unless you have trained your arms to not get tired with your hands in the 10:00 and 2:00 position on the wheel, you will likely find that you need to adjust your grip often to fight fatigue. I'm someone who drives with my right hand generally near the top of the wheel and my left hand gripping the center left of the wheel, with my left elbow resting on the window sill. This has always been comfortable for me. In the S60, the distance from the window sill to the wheel requires you to put a lot of pressure on your fingers to maintain control, making them go numb easily. My only other negative is the blind spot created by the support between the front and rear right side windows. Otherwise, I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with my first Volvo."

Love It!

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Great Car all around!"

Cons: "The dealership in Tallahassee is dreadful."

"I have had this car for almost 1 year and still smile everytime I see"

Great

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "awesome performance , safe, fun to drive"

"i love this car. It is smooth and powerful. I added polestar and have 327 horsepower and 355 torque the best!!!!!"

great vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

"drives great, tons of power, comfortable, better gas mileage than stated and its safe. love my volvo :)"

Love my car

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, easy to drive and be comfortable."

Cons: "NONE"

"I have had several different cars but love this car. It is the best drive i have had and i will not get another car again. It handles great and i would not change anything about it."

compares to mb bmw for less $$$

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Pros: "had mb bmw volvo s60 equal"

Cons: "12 cuft trunk and no spare"

"quiet comfortable lux ride. volvo makes the best seats. leased it for 2 years to test the volvo product and now may lease or buy another. volvo offers a silly buyout price about 10k above the market value, and volvo will not extend the lease, so even though i only have 6k easy going miles i will not buy it. this was the awd t5 premium plus version and i like the styling and overall ride. i was not intersted in the t6 version for the extra power or polestar for performance. i wanted a relaxing ride and got it. quiet and absorbs potholes and road noise is minimal."

A wildly underrated car!

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration, safety features, ride comfort"

Cons: "Bluetooth/iPod software conflicts with Volvo OS."

"Love my S60! This is the second one that I've owned, and with the amount of driving that I do (>25k/year), I spend a lot of time in the car. The reliability has been great and the sluggish ride that Volvo's were known for were are a thing of the past. This car is fast! Haven't had any significant problems after 98k miles. Swedish design is simple without sacrificing features, and the safety features were (as usual) years ahead of the rest of the industry."

Yeah I can afford a Benz --- but why?

By on Monday, February 02, 2015

Pros: "Engine, gas mileage, safety, fit and finish"

Cons: "Nav and radio controls to die for"

"Forget the pointed stars and the over-hyped Japanese imports, bask in the knowledge that you have the best value on the road with one of the finest four cylinder engines in production. One that sips gas and pulls off the line like a 6. The seats are among the most comfortable in the category and unless you plan on driving like Mario, forget the sports bucket option. The display is cool and the electronics work. Downside is the positively clunky UI on the nav and radio controls...but heck, if I wanted to change the channel that often I'd stay home in the den! Think no more, friends, let your neighbors show off their Teutonic crests while you take comfort in the fact you saved thousands...in gas alone! Make sure this car is on your consideration list and test drive one. What's the worst that can happen...you'll fall in love with a beautiful Swede :)"

Pricey

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "Good looking. 25-31 MPG. Fit and finish."

Cons: "Over priced. Expensive to own. Poor resale."

"I have driven a Volvo for the last 40 years. The S60 is a good auto, but it can be expensive to own. Recently I needed a spare key and remote. I was blown away when I was told by the dealer it would cost about $400. Yes $400! The S60 is comfortable to drive and handles well and has plenty of power. I find it a bit to small in the driver's seat area. A Camry is much easier to get in and out of. Volvo has always had a reputation for building a safe auto, but today most all vehicles are as safe and many much less expensive to purchase and own. For example last year I sold a 2004 Volvo and a 2004 Camry with about the same miles and condition: the Camry sold for more than the Volvo! New, the Volvo cost about $15k more!"

Rocking Ride

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun, fast, reliable, solid built quality"

Cons: "None to date"

"This is probably on of the best values out there. Had the car over 41000 miles and it has been flawless. Regularly get combined 28mpg and drive like maniac - high of 35 hwy. and 23 around town. Seats are best in business providing great support on longer trips. Handling is well balanced. Acceleration is about mid six seconds to 60 - no waiting on merging. Car is most at ease doing 80 so look out for the CHP. Interior is high quality, very ergonomic and most of all is a nice change from the German and fluffy American cluttered arrangement. Safety features are second to none. Car came with maint for 5 yr. cost of ownership has been low. I get compliments on the looks and interior. This is a quality built car that is not plagued with recalls as with many other brands."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next