2014 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,718 - $29,398.

10/7.8

Based on 60 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Comfortable with significant limitations

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "Beautiful car, comfortable."

Cons: "Horrible controls for phone, radio, trip control"

"I have owned this car for 7 months, it has about 7800 miles on it. The car is gorgeous, I have Caspian Blue with the light tan interior. It is also very comfortable. I was also seriously considering an Audi A4 and BMW 328i. I've owned a few Audi's. The handling of the Volvo S60 is not nearly as good as an A4 or 3Series BMW. Comfort was more important so I bought the Volvo. However because of the "info-tainment" limitations I am re-thinking my choice. This car takes 3 steps where another car would take one to say change the radio station. I just assumed I could press a button and be connected to my phone. Nope. I can't even hang up the phone from the steering wheel. I have seen Chevy's and Hyundai's with more intuitive and useful controls. I have also been without my car for a total of 8 days because of faulty parts."

Looks great but inferior handling and technology

By on Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Pros: "Exterior looks, comfy seats, pickup"

Cons: "Ancient technology, stability, lack of convenience"

"I love the way my S60 looks. It's a sexy, yet elegant car. The seats are very comfy and no big mechanical problems in the first three years. I owned a BMW x3 (in the shop too many times) before this and they are miles apart on handling. The bmw held the road, but the Volvo feels like it could spin out. No fun. It feels like a lightweight compared to other cars I have owned. It does have very good pickup. It lags tremendously in the technology front. I've had numerous issues (too many too mention)with the Bluetooth that the service guys say is the limits of the car. My daughters Passat has a better system. Lots of issues with the heat and keyless entry too. I've owned a P1800 and a Volvo wagon. I wanted to love this car. She's a pretty girl, goes fast, but there's not much under the hood and she's just not modern. Also, if you have an issue with the dealership, Volvo will not help you at all."

Yeah I can afford a Benz --- but why?

By on Monday, February 02, 2015

Pros: "Engine, gas mileage, safety, fit and finish"

Cons: "Nav and radio controls to die for"

"Forget the pointed stars and the over-hyped Japanese imports, bask in the knowledge that you have the best value on the road with one of the finest four cylinder engines in production. One that sips gas and pulls off the line like a 6. The seats are among the most comfortable in the category and unless you plan on driving like Mario, forget the sports bucket option. The display is cool and the electronics work. Downside is the positively clunky UI on the nav and radio controls...but heck, if I wanted to change the channel that often I'd stay home in the den! Think no more, friends, let your neighbors show off their Teutonic crests while you take comfort in the fact you saved thousands...in gas alone! Make sure this car is on your consideration list and test drive one. What's the worst that can happen...you'll fall in love with a beautiful Swede :)"

Drives & looks great. first Volvo always had Saab

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive & great styling"

Cons: "small trunk & no spare"

"Only complaint is small trunk, no spare tire & depreciation. Drives great & very comfortable for driver & front passenger."

Excellent balance of performance and comfort

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Excellent power and comfort balance"

Cons: "Average cornering, front wheel spin on take off"

"Really a great car. Wish the AWD system was weighted more to the rear than the front in normal driving. I have Polestar tuning as well, great add on. Interior is great. Back seat is not as cramped as described in some reviews and I am 6'2"."

A wildly underrated car!

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration, safety features, ride comfort"

Cons: "Bluetooth/iPod software conflicts with Volvo OS."

"Love my S60! This is the second one that I've owned, and with the amount of driving that I do (>25k/year), I spend a lot of time in the car. The reliability has been great and the sluggish ride that Volvo's were known for were are a thing of the past. This car is fast! Haven't had any significant problems after 98k miles. Swedish design is simple without sacrificing features, and the safety features were (as usual) years ahead of the rest of the industry."

Love it! Drives so responsively. Lots of pep.

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "Yes, fun to drive. Powerful acceleration."

Cons: "Can't think of any right now."

"Handles well, good visibility of the road, very comfortable."

2012 S-60 R-Design 74,000 miles

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "Absolute hoot to drive. I scare the heck out wife!"

Cons: "No spare, Transmission shifts a bit too slow"

"We picked this car (his name is "Borke", by the way) in Gothenberg in November 2012. It is the best car I have ever owned and love every minute of driving it. I has great pickup, great cornering, great brakes, wonderful comfort, and it's a car that you can drive like a manic and still know that all of those airbags are going to protect you like a guardian angel. The AWD is worth every penny just for the piece of mind, even here in no-snow Texas. In two years we have had NO mechanical issues what so ever. A few notes. First, I carry a spare in the trunk. Understand that a car with a stiff suspension and low profile tires will be prone to tread wear and side wall issues. In the case of a sidewall blowout, the air inflation device included as a substitute for spare will do you NO good. Second, the tranny is a bit slow on the shifting, which has been fixed in the later version. Bravo, Volvo. Third, I still find it a bit under-powered. I wanted and still want a 400+ HP just to show the BMW folks who's boss, and while I suspect there is more HP waiting for someone to change the chip timing and fill it with premium, Volvo has protected the CPU from hacking so it is impossible to play with the engine variables that could boost up the HP or remove the 155 MPH limit which I am SURE it will do! Finally, I do intend to buy a 2016 or 17 R-Design, and pick it up from Sweden, unless Momma will let me buy an F Type Jag Coupe... Seriously, if you are intending to buy a Volvo and don't do a European Delivery option, you should have your head examined."

4 Cylinder Beast

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "See Below"

Cons: "See Below"

"Pros: I own the T6 version of this car. Used to drive a 2005 Nissan Maxima. Supercharged/Turbocharged 4 cylinder beast. Love this engine. It's quick, 8 speed auto is awesome, it feels like a sport car. Love the interior leather (brown) and the wood trim. Very good quality. if you are interested in this vehicle wait till the 2015.5 version hit the dealers. More standard options. I have driven the car for about 800 miles (combined city 50 MPH average speed and highway) so far and I am getting 24.5 MPG. Room in the back seat is comfortable for a 6 foot 210 lbs guy. Seats are comfortable. T6 only comes with sport bucket seats so if you are not a fan get the T5 although you will sacrifice some power. Cons: Nothing so far. One minor thing is that there is no sunglasses holder that comes standard. You can buy an accessory but felt this was something that needs to be standard with aluxury car like Volvo. Overall review: If you want power, comfortable ride along with a very good MPG test drive this vehicle and buy it. You will not be dissapointed"

Rocking Ride

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun, fast, reliable, solid built quality"

Cons: "None to date"

"This is probably on of the best values out there. Had the car over 41000 miles and it has been flawless. Regularly get combined 28mpg and drive like maniac - high of 35 hwy. and 23 around town. Seats are best in business providing great support on longer trips. Handling is well balanced. Acceleration is about mid six seconds to 60 - no waiting on merging. Car is most at ease doing 80 so look out for the CHP. Interior is high quality, very ergonomic and most of all is a nice change from the German and fluffy American cluttered arrangement. Safety features are second to none. Car came with maint for 5 yr. cost of ownership has been low. I get compliments on the looks and interior. This is a quality built car that is not plagued with recalls as with many other brands."