2014 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,008 - $29,811.

10/7.8

Based on 64 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Endless problems with my new S60 T5

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "Could be fun to drive, comfy, great seats"

Cons: "Quality control, dealer service and Volvo NA"

"I have never had a vehicle with as many issues out the chute as this one. It takes many visits to the dealer to get them to address any issue; they tend to deny that the problem exists and hope you run out of time and don't come back. Volvo of North America has been inept and pathetic in handling my case. They are just not interested in customer service. These are issues that were resolved: - pressure release valve in a/c causing loud metallic noise. - bad fuel pump causing hard starting from cold. These are the issues that are unresolved: - Wobble in steering around 40mph. Dealer cannot detect any issue. - Surging and jerking in all gears and at all speeds. Volvo tells me this is normal. - Brakes are weak and appear to be losing vaccum. Volvo tells me this is normal. - Delayed engagement of first gear when pulling away from a stop. Volvo informs me that this is normal. I had a C30 before. None of these issues. Great car."

After test driving many cars...

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Top-notch interior, different styling"

Cons: "MPG, smallish trunk, smallish back seats"

"Full disclosure--my last car was as 98 S70 turbo. Full disclosure 2.0--I really thought I wanted a BMW 3 series. Having a little too much librarian blood, I researched the heck out of the sport sedan segment. Yeah. I like sport sedans. No, I love them. I want a peppy ride, but also a back seat that folds down so I can haul my music equipment. Why not get an SUV or crossover? I hate the handling. I am the quintessential sport sedan owner. All indicators said BMW 3 series. It is the benchmark. I know you all read those reviews, too, since you're bothering to read this. So, I test drove all potential rivals, excluding the Volvo because I was ready for a change. The rivals, I admit, were somewhat limited due to geographic limitations...what dealerships were in my area. My test cars: Passat TDI. I wanted to love this car since it has fabulous MPG. Handling was OK, but not great. Impressive torque, though. Exterior bland. Interior blander. What is it with the pleather? Kia Optima Turbo. This car is a gizmotron. The sunroof was cool. Handling was pretty sharp. Acceleration adequate. Exterior on the turbo was ugly. Interior was uglier. I am just not the demographic for this car. It is made for some 25-35 year old dude who for some reason wants a sedan. If I was that dude, I would go with the Dodge Charger. Ford Fusion Ecoboost. Hubs wanted to test this car. It gets great reviews. They didn't have a six, so I drove the four. It is noisy. Sure, the car is a gizmotron like the Optima. But, I don't really care about giving voice commands to my car. Just give me an easy to reach dial for the climate. The interior is spacious, but not appealing. I hate the much-lauded exterior. The grill looks like a catfish and the rear has those squinty Audi taillights(like the Kia Optima). I know other people love this look, but it makes me wince. I headed to the BMW dealership ready to buy. Already, I was sold on the the 328i's exterior. But, something unexpected happened when I got in the car. The interior was...strange. The info screen was kind of propped up on the dash. The cup-holders had a weird tray over them. What am I supposed to do with this tray when I have a coffee? Toss it in the back seat? It was all a bit unsettling. But, drive it. The steering is, indeed, wonderful. As is the braking. But, I just couldn't love the 8 speed automatic. Getting on the freeway, tearing through an awful lot of gears on an on-ramp, just wasn't pleasant. Then, there was the gas-saving feature. The engine turns off at stop-lights. Wonderful in theory. Annoying in practice. Sure, you can turn that off, but why pay extra for something that annoys you? Ditto on the heads-up display. Fine. I'm going to go look at the Volvo S60 because it is just down the street from the BMW joint. The S60 has a great eye-catching exterior with the sweeping line of the trunk and the bold grill, but I really wanted to move into another brand. Ugh. I got into the car and absolutely loved the interior. It is elegant and simple. The ride is miles superior from my old S70. It was smooth, but had just the right amount of road feel. The 6 speed automatic handled a quick shift from 0-65 with pleasant ease. I knew after five minutes in the car that it was "The One." Sometimes, you just know. I can't vouch for reliability since I've only had it for a month. So far, so good. Oh, and when an artist friend saw the new car, she said, "I don't usually notice cars, but that car is beautiful.""

Great Car with versatility and comfort

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Power, handling, styling, AWD, comfort"

Cons: "rims are soft, tires are thin, a little tight."

"I actually have a 2012 but it was not listed. T6 AWD. The car handles amazing and would put it up against any Euro car. 300HP AWD really handles well. I can be cruising thru town very mannerly or jam on down the expressway with amazing quickness and handling. The interior is done very nicely and Volvo is always concerned with ergonomics. Some cautionary notes: this car does not come with a spare but can be purchases seperately. After getting stuck on Rt. 78 in Newark on a weeknight I learned that better to have a spare for road side assistance to replace the wheel instead of storing the car overnight since you can't Fix a Flat a blown sidewall. The T6 AWD rims are very soft and the tires and very thin so be careful when driving. They handle great but are exposed to damage and possible flat tire."

One of the best kept secrets on the road

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Pros: "Performance, MPG, fit and finish, quality, Style"

Cons: "xenon should be standard"

"I now have 12,500 miles on the ODO and have had zero issues. Car pretty much works like an iPhone. Handles nearly as well as my old benz but gets better gas mileage (28-31 on mixed fast and stop-n-go). Accelerates briskly but smoothly. In sports mode, alter-ego could get you a ticket quick! Interior and exterior sport excellent fit and finish. Seats are some of the best in the business. Bang and Olufsen like interior speaks of quality at a level that BWM and Mercedes don't give you until you reach E/S or 7. Lot's of standard safety features and top of class crash worthiness. Premium sound system is quite good and so is plug-n-play bluetooth. Voice response is very good. Sensus infotainment system is simple and easy to use. Navy is right on. Car provides right blend of luxury, perfomance and practical sweedishness. A nice break from the Beemer/Benz/Audi crowd."

Love it!

By on Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pros: "Looks great ! Decent gas mileage. Smooth ride."

"I have had this car for a year now and with 25,000 miles already, it's fair to say I've spent quite a bit of time with it. It's comfortable, quick, and still averages 28mpg. I Love it!"